8

"The palest ink is better than the best memory."

Chapter Eight

"Is she okay?"

"What even happened?"

"You didn't do anything right?" I was bombarded with questions involving Chan's health, as she laid upon the pale white sheets of a hospital bed; I had no idea what I was supposed to do... There was a girl standing in front of me that looked ready to rip me apart. I recognized her easily from Sunhye's apartment that while ago.

"No, I swear."

"Sunhye's on her way." The girl whom I believed was named Ming, said putting her phone back into her purse. Her intense glare never left my form once, I'm positive.

"Shouldn't you call any family?" I spoke out. I was in the same room with a very pissed off girl, who radiated off anger at over a million miles an hour per second. Truth be told, I was quite scared, uncomfortable. But still, shouldn't she have her mother or father here...

"She doesn't have any." Ming snapped at me, "just stop talking it's you're fault she's here."

"How is that my fault? I tried to help her!"

"Oh yeah sure!" For a fact, Ming had an attitude issue. Yukwon was right about her being a bitch; just be fucking thankful I'm a good guy and helped Chan out...

***

A musty blank smell hit my nose, as light leaked into my eyes. I could feel looming presences of people around me, but I had no clue where I was. With all the strength I had left in my body I struggled to sit up-

"Chan!" An all too familiar voice sounded shrilly, throwing herself onto me.

"M-Ming I'm fine..." even my voice seemed distant, strange. I don't like this, "w-what happened? Where am I?"

"Hospital." She spoke deadly, staring into my eyes, "you can blame him though." She pointed to the very last person I remember seeing- Jiho. He looked lost, annoyed; I was taken back seeing him here. He barely knows me.

"But Jiho didn't do anything Ming, he was trying to help." Of course I'd have to stand up for him. Ming can't just go around persecuting the poor guy. By my words, I could see Jiho's posture change- more relaxed.

"Oh I bet." She rolled her eyes.

"I feel fine, I want to leave."

"You have to talk to the doctor. You've been out for a few hours."

"Oh..." the only things I still can recall from my day was being out with Jiho, then I went to leave and... that must've been when I passed out. But truly, there's nothing wrong with me, "I really don't wanna be here..."

"Stop being so difficult!" I flinched back from Ming.

"You shouldn't yell at her."

"Stay out of this, whatever your name is! Just leave already sheesh!" I was taken back just a bit more by how Ming could treat Jiho like that. He really is a nice person, she shouldn't just snap at him...

"I have no where to be, and I would like to make sure your friends okay." He hissed. It was easy to identify the fact two people, who could easily be angered, were in the same room. Guys tend to get worked up more anyways I believe...