13

"Every step leaves its print; work steadily and make solid progress."

Chapter Thirteen

How do you tell someone you love them; and really mean it? Especially when that person is sitting close enough for your arm to be around them... In this moment, I've never been so close to Chan and felt so endeared. She seemed so light and happy just watching tv with me. She seemed so carefree at this moment. She was beautiful.

"I don't even get what's happening." She giggled softly, "somehow I'm still not fully accustomed to television here... I still prefer Chinese shows."

"It's fine." Every inch of my body wanted to press a kiss to her forehead, hold her hand; but it took all the restraint I had not to. I loved the way she felt against my body, her warmth was something I could easily get used to, "would you rather do something else?" I nuzzled against her ear,

"No no, unless you want to help me cook; expect that's like a four hour process within itself." She giggled.

"Mm maybe not, relaxing sounds better."

"Yeah..." Chan leaned into me more, placing her head on my shoulder. The smell of cherry blossom was faint, her hair was soft against my cheek as I placed it against her... To my surprise I watched her bring her hand to my ear. Her fingers were soft, but they automatically went to touch my earrings,

"I've never seen a guy wear earrings before."

"And that's bad?"

"N-no!" she blushed, "aish they're nicer than mine." Chan giggled, "you look nice with them though."

"Thanks I guess." She sat up on my lap, innocently staring at me. My hands wandered to her sides, my eyes never able to leave hers. The moment we shared felt stopped in time, just between the two of us; I cupped her cheek with my hand pulling her closer to me leaning in slowly-

*knock knock*

Shit...

"S-sorry lemme get that." Chan's face turned
bright red as she stared down noticing the position we were in, "I'm not expecting anyone..." she muttered getting off me. I felt empty as she got up leaving my presence, her warmth and closeness was gone.

A sigh escaped my lips as I watched her small form answer the door; she squeaked, "hey!" a sensation similar to horror struck me watching her fling herself into a guys arms- I recognized him from the restaurant...

"Sorry to come un-announced, you weren't answering your phone and I wanted to see if you were free."

"Ahh, well I'm kinda busy." His eyes landed onto me,

"Oh you have company... well oh well, you won't know I'm here-"

"Uh James-"

"Just kidding I'm gonna at least steal some food gees."

"Okay uh..." Chan desperately looked at me and then back at whoever her friend was, "James this is Jiho."

"Oh hey dude what's up."

He didn't even seem phased by my presence, "not much..." nor did he seem to care that I was in the room.

"So Lucas and I were gonna catch a movie, wanna go? The other girls are busy though."

"I'll pass."

"Huh okay... Am I interrupting something?"

"N-no..."

"Care if I hang?" A smirk played on his lips, my eyes narrowed at him... he seemed to know something, and it was making Chan annoyed for sure.

Chan grabbed his arm and pulled him into another room. I sat there awkwardly having no idea what was going on, I couldn't even hear any voices. I didn't know who this guy was really, but already I didn't like him. Maybe it was because I felt threatened, or jealous- but he's definitely close with Chan...

"Fine! I'll go, sheesh."

"You're so rude!"

"Yah yah okay..."

***

I had just about enough with James. First, showing up at my place un-announced, when I had told him that Jiho was coming over, and then totally being weird. What was he doing?

It was easy to see how lost and uncomfortable Jiho looked. The desperate look on his features which then turned dark, a frown on his face- James was trying to make Jiho jealous.... and my friend would do that too. He knew his limits, but first he'd push until something broke and I wasn't about to let James do anything stupid. He has already been here for five minutes, which is five minutes too many.

'Leave' I mouthed at him, hoping he would get the memo.

"Alright, alright... I'll see you tomorrow right?"

"I'll probably just cancel!"

"Sure you will. We'll see you." Without acknowledging Jiho any further he left, being extra careful to close the door lightly,

I plopped down back on the couch besides Jiho... "gosh I'm sorry, he's so annoying I didn't think-"

"It's fine. Who was that?"

"Just my friend James." I knew Jiho had to have recognized him from when we went out to eat, but I'm not sure if he knows I saw him there.

"You two aren't dating right?"

"Ew no!" I giggled, "he has a girlfriend."

"Ooh." A look of relief washed over the guy that could easily make my stomach be filled with butterflies.

"You probably saw us when we went out to eat didn't you-"

"Uh..."

"It's fine! A bunch of us were going but only James and I could so..."

"I see." He smiled at me before taking my smaller hand into his gently. Our fingers laced together, and it seemed quite perfect. I had never held hands with a guy before, never before this. They were warm, rougher than any girls hand, and much bigger. I could only blush at the physical contact between us.

I laid my head in the crook of his neck, feeling content with how we were. I could feel his arm snake around my waist, pulling me with him as he laid down. Resting on top of him, I closed my eyes thinking about how this was something I wanted, could get used to. All my life I never imagined anything like this, ever feeling like this for someone before. I could easily say I was officially in love with Woo Jiho.

[I'm sorry this is so short]