Chapter 12: Therapy

Yugi's heart pounded in his chest as Jaden and Jessie led him slowly to the Therapeutic Ward, where several other patients were being led as well.

They were all dressed in the same color as Yugi, and from the nervousness faces he saw, they were also newbies. Just like him.

Yugi remained silent, his gaze downturned. He had no idea what was going to happen during this session. How did they give you whatever medication they did?

Was it through a pill?

Injection?

A vitamin of some sort?

Yugi didn't know. How could he know? Yugi was extremely tense on the way there, which had been apparently noticed by the two of Yugi's escorting Trustees.

"Hey." Jaden gripped his shoulder and smiled, "It'll be alright, alright?"

Jesse chuckled slightly.

"Believe us, alright?" He grinned as well.

Yugi only nodded, but his expression didn't change. They couldn't have expected for his expression to change to that of trust right after he only have a couple of words of encouragement?

In a place like this, it was hard to find hope.

Everyone inside knew it.

Everyone outside, although they had no idea how things worked behind the doors of these facilities, also knew it, from the results they would receive from their friends and family members that would return from their time in these facilities.

Yugi could feel Yami's fear radiating onto him through their link. He was so glad that it wasn't gone completely yet. Because when it was gone, Yugi would not remember being connected with someone just like you.

Someone who could feel what you were feeling.

Someone who could read your thoughts like no other.

Someone who you could actually talk to without having to worry about certain phrases and such.

When Yugi would leave this facility, he would not have any of this anymore. But how was Yugi going to escape from all of this?

Jaden, Yugi, and Jessie neared the door that Yugi had been assigned to and Jessie gripped the handle, slowly opening the door.

Yugi was nearly blinded when the door was fully opened and he had looked into it.

"Welcome, patient 290-19." A feminine monotoned voice sounded from behind a white desk that was the only piece of furniture in the room other than a chair that sat on the other side of the desk, turned in her direction.

Yugi sighed and walked in with Jaden and Jessie following right behind him. The tile floor was much more polished than in any other room Yugi had been in. Yugi could see his own reflecting in the white flooring.

The walls were painted pure white like everywhere else. The desk was made of very light wood and the chair Yugi was supposed to sit in was a silver color with a white cushion on the seat and the back.

The young woman wore a bright white tuxedo dress as she Hugged a brown clipboard against her chest. Two white men stood on either side of her, both the same height and both the same kind of intimidating.

The White Men were wearing name tags. One wore the name "Rex Goodwin" and the other wore the name "Damon Fudo". They both donned their uniform that greatly resembled all the others. If it weren't for their hair, Yugi didn't believe that he would have been able to pick any of the white men it in particular