Chapter 13: "Reassuring"?

"Look who it is, guys!"

Yugo laughed as Yugi neared the four boys who sat in the recreational hall, gathered around a table with cards dealt out to them.

Yuya anxiously waited for Yuri to choose what card he'd take. They all played Cadillac, and Yugo waited to knock. He had Cadillac and didn't want to risk the others getting any closer to his score.

"Hey, it's Yugi!" Yuya grinned.

"Oh, it's him again." Yuto sat aside from them, his cards laid out in front of him, not actually caring for the game, "You already finished your therapy for the day?"

Yugi nodded and joined the four of them at the table. Yuya started sliding three cards over to him. Yugi shook his head and pushed them back.

"You don't wanna play?" Yuya tilted his head, "You sure? It's fun!"

"Just because they're sitting at the table with us doesn't mean they have to play." Yuto looked at him.

"I'm just making sure he's okay with not playing!" Yuya raised his hands defensively before picking up Yugi's cards again, "I personally really like this game. It's really easy to play."

"But so is Go Fish!" Yuri piped up, "Even though you guys didn't want to play it..."

"We've been playing that game for the last 3 days, Yuri!" Yugo whined slightly, leaning back, "I was not going to play that game again!"

"But then why did we have to play Cadillac?" Yuri pouted, "We could have played Solitaire!"

"Solitaire is hard, Yuri!" Yuya whined as well, "You realize how much thinking that game requires?"

"Which is why I like it so much!" Yuri crossed his arms, "It gets me to think about the game and not about this prison."

Yuto rolled his eyes.

"Please, you." He sat up, "We all know that if you weren't here, you would have a ton of corpses gathering dust and bugs in your room. That is, if the insanity would have even gotten that bad by then."

"And you would want to strangle the first person to wake you up every morning!" Yuri laughed.

"And I would be at the top of everyone's hit list for being so annoying!" Yugo chuckled, propping his feet onto the table, "But Yuya...?"

"Would be that one madman who could never stop laughing." Yuri smirked at Yuya, "Even as he died, he would laugh. Laugh in the very face of Satan himself."

"Hey!" Yuya glared slightly, "No I wouldn't!"

"Oh, really?" Yuri raised an eyebrow playfully, "Then go ahead and tell us where you think you would be!"

"I dunno! Just not dying from murder, that's for sure!" Yuya shook his head.

"You sure?" Yuto chuckled finally, his arms still crossed over his chest as he listened, "You sure that by now Yugo wouldn't have killed you?"

Yuya leaned back.

"Or... Me by any chance?" Yuto snickered.

"No..." Yuya gasped, placing the palm of his hand to his forehead, "You wouldn't kill me! I know you wouldn't! It's not something that you would do!"

"Uh huh." Yuto crossed his arms, "And that's what Shun said before he killed Ruri and was taken into that recuperation dorm. I haven't seen him since."

"You can't really trust anyone here anymore, Yuya." Yuri smirked, "We're all deemed insane. Unsafe to some degree. We're all gonna end up either getting killed or killing ourselves."