I Say Shotgun You Say Wedding

November 11, 2015

I walked down the isle, my heart racing in the best way possible. Brendon's big puppy dogs eyes crinkled as soon as he saw me and my heart immediately felt calm. It all felt so right, so complete.

As the pastor recited his usual speech, I glanced out of the corner of my eye to all our best men and my family and friends watching. I noticed Spencer and Jon's eyes watering, which they quickly tried to conceal.

I never imagined this would happen. After we broke up I thought it was all over. I thought I'd have to live knowing that Brendon was with someone else. My life has been so fortunate, almost too fortunate. I guess it's making up for everything else.

As soon as Brendon said "I do" I quickly snapped back to reality.

"Do you, Mr.Ross, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

My voice caught in my throat and my cheeks grew red from embarrassment. The feeling of immense happiness suddenly shocked my soul and I blurted out "I do!"

Before the pastor could say a word Brendon grabbed my face and kissed me. I could feel the warmth radiating from his face and I smiled knowing that, from now on, I'd be able to experience this every day. No more breakups, no more unresolved fights.

The rest of the wedding was a blur, I don't know how many times I awkwardly danced and made Brendon cringe. The night came quickly and it was finally time for our honeymoon.

"You ready?" Brendon whispered into my ear. I blushed and nodded. We said our goodbyes quickly, the anticipation killing me. It's not like we hadn't hooked up on a drunken night in 2011, but this time I was planning on remembering it.

"You two have fun!" Hayley winked as we walked past her into our limo. Spencer giggled and waved while Jon tearfully said his goodbyes.

I climbed into the backseat next to Brendon and he immediately wrapped his arms around me after I closed the door. The driver closed the window to the back and quickly drove off.

" I can't believe it, I really can't," Brendon spoke gleefully. I smiled and stroked my fingers through his hair.

"I really thought everything was over back then, you know. But I always loved you," I confessed.

"I loved Sarah but it was never right. I always wanted you."

The excitement rose in my throat as I considered asking about the hotel.

"So, about tonight..." I quietly mentioned.

Brendon turned to look at me and his gaze turned... different.

"I'm ready."

Here we go
Into the rest of my life

................................................................

So... that's it! Sorry that it took so long, I just grew out of writing fan fiction. Thank you all so much for reading, this really was a wild ride. What was your favorite part of this story? (Including Folkin Around). Mine was probably when they first met. I sincerely thank you all.

Best regards, Samantha