Fighting the inevitable

I wake up exhausted but thankfully my head isn't hurting. I slowly open my eyes, fearing the next scene. I sit up slowly to notice I'm only in my inner garments. Oh shit! Who the hell undressed me? Don't tell me it was Xalvador. My face burns with mortification at the thought. I panic and look around. I'm in a huge, a huge room with mahogany walls, and the bed I'm laid on is again huge and all clad in dark purple silk which could almost pass for black. The walls are plain with only two paintings. Both are a blend of textures and canines and colors- something I really can't decipher. I get out from the bed and walk around the room. I see a glass door with brown wooden borders and open it. I presumed it be a bathroom but to my surprise, it turns out into a very big walk-in-closet. Good for me. I do need clothes. I quickly search for something appropriate to wear but its all-male junk. I finally decide on a large t-shirt and plan my next move.

I am probably in the packhouse and leaving it in the presence of their Alpha will be a challenge. I look around the room to get some idea but find nothing. It is early in the morning and I decide to first find out where the exit is. If I want to successfully leave, I have to have it all planned. I walk towards the door praying and chanting for it to be unlocked. From the kind of monster, Xalvador is, I can't be sure. But to my relief, the door is open and I poke my head outside. 

I see a hallway on my right side and a plain, brown wall on the left. I quickly tiptoe and explore the place around. I don't know in what room I was, so I have to discover the route for my exit. On the way, I see a big black plastic bag, lying on the floor and that strikes an idea. I pick it up and crumpling it, and shove it in a pocket. I  discover I'm on the second floor of the house and just in front of the stairs is a large lobby leading to the entrance. Once satisfied with my research, I go back to the room to work on my next move. Running away would be an idiotic move, knowing how smart and quick the Alpha here is and to add on top of that, he is also my mate.

 The minute I enter the room, I hear footsteps. My heart rate spikes up but I know I have to act fast. I quickly remove the shirt and shove it under the blanket with the plastic bag, hiding it. Next, I get into the bed and close my eyes turning my back to the door. Seconds after that, the door opens and someone walks in. The footsteps get closer to the bed and my heart thumps so loudly, I'm sure the entire pack house can hear it. A hand comes from behind and caresses my hair. I pretend to not notice and keep faking the deep sleep.

"Bella." The voice which I now know is Xalvador's breathes near my ear. It takes every ounce of my self-control to not to squirm or react. My eyes remain shut and I try to calm my breathing or it will give everything away.

"Keep sleeping. You need it." He says and Fiana squirms in pleasure. The footsteps retreat and I give out a sigh of relief. Thank God! As the door closes, I wait for some time and then get up. I see a sandwich on the bedside table and hurriedly eat that up. If I'm planning to escape from this hell, I might as well gather some energy. I redress in the white-colored t-shirt and taking the plastic bag, I walk into the closet and fill it with some clothes. The plan in my mind is so silly but I can't help but try it. Because apart from that I have no other choice. 

After the bag looks stuffed enough, I grab a shawl and wrap it around my head partly hiding my face. I can go as a trash disposer or a cleaner and maybe nobody will notice.  From my limited experience, I know that cleaners in the packhouses are usually non-warrior wolves and hence not really important in the warrior zones of the packhouse. I know this is foolish as hell but that's all I can come up with now. I also take some sweatpants and wear them.

I quietly leave the room. I am still tired and my sore wrists burn but I can't wait till I heal completely. I start on the memorized route to the house entrance and open the door slowly. The lesser noise I make, the better. Again, the door is huge but this time, I am well rested and less hungry than before so I find it easier to push it open. I start walking down the steps and reach the training field. There are so many wolves, it seems as if the entire pack is on the ground. I clutch the shawl tightly and with the bag in my hand, keep walking. As expected a huge wolf comes up to me and asks me about my whereabouts.

"Who are you and where are you going?" He asks, suspicious of my look and dress. I take a breath and try to sound as normal as I can. As submissive as I can.

"I am the new cleaner here. I was just going towards the forest to discard all this," I raise my black stuffed bag slightly towards him. "All trash and garbage," I mutter, eyes cast downwards.

He still looks doubtful but then nods and walks away. Phew! Thank the Moon. I keep walking normally. If I increase my pace, I will draw unwanted attention. After walking for a good half an hour, I near the pack house's end. It's where the forest area begins. Though it's still the pack land, I can wrestle my way out of here but not there, in the presence of him. I am a small distance away from stepping into the forest when I spot an absolutely huge man standing there, clad in shawl similar to mine. He has his back to me and I think about changing my direction. I'm about to do just that when the man speaks in a gruff voice.

"Where are you going lady?" He says in thick voice and I sigh in relief. I just have to repeat the same explanation.

"I have the new cleaner hired here and the seniors sent me to throw all this garbage in the woods," I say calmly and he grunts in approval. He motions for me to go and I walk. Nice. That was easy. Suddenly his voice booms again.

"Wait."

 I stiffen hearing the words but don't turn around.

"Can I see what's in the black bag?" He asks but it feels like an order. His voice sounds foreign and familiar at the same time.

"Oh umm as I said its all trash and I'm sure you don't want to see it. You know, all the gross stuff is in there." I say lacing my voice with disgust.

"But I want to. Turn around." He says again and I turn slowly, thinking of a plan to manipulate him. But when I turn around, I gasp loudly... in shock and surprise.

Standing there in all glory is a smirking Xalvador. And I see it, he is angry. No- he is very very angry. The smirk is a facade. I see the shawl sprawled at his feet and groan inwardly. Damn it!

Xalvador moves towards me, slowly, his steps like that of a predator cornering its prey. I keep walking back with no idea of where I'm heading. My reverse walking trip comes to a sudden halt when I crash into a tree and yelp in fear. I close my eyes and pray for the ground to swallow me or the tree to eat me. I feel him before I see him. His eyes are burning with rage and fury and his body is as if trembling with anger. He smiles at me. Not a real smile but a cold, devilish smile. He leans in closer to me, breathes my scent and that seems to calm him. His body stops shaking and his lips move up to my ear.

"What did I say about running Bella?" He asks in a low, dangerous, and menacing voice. I can't reply because I have no answer.

"I knew you were going to do something like this. When I came into the room, I could hear your heart thumping, your uneven breathing, your body's reaction when I called your name, your slight squirm when I ran my hand through your hair. It was all clear as a day. My doubt was confirmed when I saw the tucked shirt snooping out from the blanket. I just wanted to see how far you would go with your stupid little stunt. But Bella," He reveals, slowly and emphasizing each word. The shock now is bigger than the shock I had when I saw him here. He knew the entire thing all along! How could I be so stupid? How could I assume that my mate, the one that is supposed to be my other half won't be able to sense my feelings and reactions? Stupid stupid stupid me! Xalvador now moves his face from my ear to my front.

"You cannot escape me, Arabella. You are my mate damn it!!" He growls his eyes piercing into mine and I squint my eyes close. He takes my chin into his grasp and that forces me to open my eyes. I see his large figure looming over me and I realize just how powerless I am right now. I could use my elemental powers but I know Fiana won't cooperate. Inner wolves cannot hurt their mates intentionally. And Fiana is no exception.

Xalvador's other hand creeps to my waist and he pulls my body into his. I straighten towards him, almost on my tiptoes, breathing fast. The attraction is immense and Fiana is delighted. His lips press onto my neck and I squeal in surprise. He withdraws and stares into my eyes again, holding them.

"You cannot and will not ever run from me, Bella. And don't make me repeat myself or the consequences will be something you won't like."

With these few words, Xalvador seals my fate and I know it would be almost impossible to escape now!

Hahaha...Silly plan I know! But Xalvador is so smart (and handsome).
*sighs dreamily*

Nerdies please don't forget to vote and comment. Love, Anna