No more secrets

"What!" He asks in low hard voice.

"I mean that is what you told me in my dream." I stutter and he visibly sighs.

"Oh Arabella it was just a dream. You don't have to think so much." He soothes and I shake my head furiously.

"No Xalvador. Ever since I lost my grandmother or as far as I can remember, I've always had significant dreams. Dreams that mean something. They aren't just factions of my imgation or a result of my mind working in over drive. I can be sure of that." I explain frantically hoping he would understand.

"Bella you're over thinking this, you are overwhelmed by the sudden connection that we share, just let this dream pass. Lets sleep."

"No no no! Xalvador this wasn't just a dream. Every thing in me is yelling that I must find out what the dream meant to convey. And for that, I must tell you things. Things that you need to know." I say the last part gravely.

"I don't understand anything you're saying, but Bella right now I want you to sleep. You are way too tired and I understand why. Lets just rest."

"No hear me out. I can't sleep with this burden of secrets on my shoulder." I say firmly and he listens. I tell him all about Maisie and witches and... his mother. By the time I unravel everything that's on my mind, his expression is hard.

"Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I don't- don't know. It was stupid of me but now the pack is in so much of danger, I cannot be quite anymore." I say and he doesn't respond. Then he looks at me and gets up and leave. I sigh as I don't know what to think of his inconclusive reaction.

         Next morning, Maisie lets out the biggest squeal I've heard when she spots the mark on my neck. I reprimand her and tell her about everything. I tell her about my dream and how I think it holds some meaning that I must find out. Her funny demeanor changes as we talk business.

"Now I can perform the spell Arabella. Can you please ask Aplha Xalvador to be in the middle of the woods, near the two largest banyan trees at precisely the time the sun goes down?" She asks and I nod. I have to convince Xalvador.

I make my way back to the house and find Xalvador in his office. On the way, I hear two people arguing in hushed, deadly voices. I turn my way and move to the direction of the noise near the back of the house. I'm suprised to find Liam and Kane standing there in a heated conversation.

"You will do no such thing." Liam glares at Kane and Kane is about to reply when the duo notice me. They both look at me, their expressions purely showing the annoyance they feel at my interruption. Okay Arabella, you need to learn to mind your business.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to intrude." I say with an apologetic tone. "I-I"ll just go." I say awkwardly and am about to leave when Liams calls me and then joins me as we walk away.

"What was that about?" I ask in a quite voice.

"Nothing Arabella, Kane was just being his normal self." He says, his tone clipped.

"Okay.  And I'm sorry for meddling." I say and he visibly relaxes.

"Oh no Luna, it was your right. Especially now since you're marked." He finishes the sentence with a teasing tone, his eyes on my mark. I roll my eyes and smack him on the shoulder.

"Hey but come on, at least tell how did you suddenly decide to let Alpha Xalvador to mark you?" He asks.

"Well, the real reason is something even your Alpha doesn't know yet." This raises his curiosity and he urges me to go on. I tell him about Elizabeth and her telling me about how I belonged to the pack. The witch part being too complicated, I let it stay. Xalvador can decide how it must be broken out to everyone later.

"So I just feel this urge to protect my pack ever since I've accepted that I did really take birth here. And for that, I realized that I'd have to focus on fighting the enemies rather than the bond that I share with your Alpha." I say and he nods. He suddenly leans in to my ear and whispers,

"Yours too." He finished with a smirk. He meant that Xalvador is my Alpha too now. Well.... yeah he is and I may someday accept that fully. I shake my head at him in fake disapproval and then head off to Xalvador's office.

"You were with Liam." Is the first thing I hear as soon as I close the door behind me.

"Yes, we were just talking." I say and he gets up, walking towards me.

"I don't like his scent on you." He growls possessively and pulling me close by the waist, kisses his mark on the shoulder. I shudder as the mark demands more and Xalvador complies, kissing and nipping on my shoulder and throat. I gasp as my hands clutch his hair for support and try to pull him closer and away at the same time.

"Xalvador, I- I came her-here to talk." I manage to stutter as his hands roam over my back and my waist and hips and neck in that erotic way.

"Then talk Bella," He commands in a husky voice and I struggle to remember why I came here in the first place. Maisie, right. "I'm not stopping you." He further continues.

I kick myself mentally and remember what I'm supposed to tell him. I'm about to tell him when his lips land on mine in a hard and possessive kiss. I whimper slightly as the mark throbs and its impossible not to respond. I tentatively move my lips and Xalvador groans, pulling me closer. He backs me till we reach his table and his hand unzips the zipper of my dress.

"No Xalvador stop! I'm not ready." I gasp and he immediately halts, regaining control over his breathing. His presses his forehead against mine as we both try to calm down our breaths. He zips up my chain at the back and this small actions makes my stomach go wild with butterflies.

"What were you going to say?" He ask as he moves away from me yet not far enough to lose physical contact.

"I need you to come with me to the woods today evening. Maisie will perform a spell to- to contact... your mother." I say a bit nervous. His teeth clenches immediately and his eyes darken with anger.

"That woman is not my mother Arabella. Remember that. And I am not going to seek any help from her. I don't want to know what she is doing or how she is. I don't even care if she is alive or dead." He says with clenched teeth and I go closer to him.

"Xalvador Maisie is a witch but not yet powerful completely. She can help us fight the enemies who have a far more stronger witch than Maisie. You mother was powerful. We need her to tell us how Maisie can achieve the complete powers of a witch. Please."

"I can protect my pack! I don't need that betraying woman who left me years for her own selfish reasons to help me save the pack she never gave a damn about!" He growls angrily. I immediately cup his cheeks and stare in to his eyes.

"Xalvador I'm not telling you to forgive her or seek her help. This is your pack and you care for it and which is why you must help reach her and ask her for help. Its not about her Xal, its about this pack. The pack  you care about." I explain softly, caressing his cheek. His stance eases as he seems to consider my words. "Please." I urge once more and he his jaw ticks.

And then he gives me a reluctant nod.

Yay! I'm finally back from my vacation of seven good days. I was with my family in the beautiful Rajasthan and Gujarat and hell those places are beautiful and definitely colorful. But getting to the main point, to make up the for the slow updates from the oast one month, I'll be updating the next chapter on November 4th, Friday. Stay tuned and let me know what you thought of this chapter. Also don't forget to vote!