Too Much To Take In

Hello guys! Here is the next chapter. I hope you guys like it.

The beautiful new cover is by @-basically who is an amazing cover maker! A big thank you to her:) Now on to the chapter nerdies!

The dawn bring a serene silence in the pack. As I dress up in a black tee and jeans, I look at myself in the mirror.

We can do this.

I nod agreeing with Fiana. Ever since I've been marked, I feel a sense of peace within me. And along with that comes strongness. Fiana is sure that we will save our pack and so am I.

I come out of the bathroom to find Xalvador waiting for me. He is dressed in simple shorts and a t-shirt. Its not like he is gonna keep them on at all today. He circles his arms around me as I approach and I breath his scent and memorize it.

"We're gonna be fine." He says and I mumble a yes snuggling into his chest. Xavier ushers me down and I realize that this is the only time I've seen this pack house so quite. The usual grunts, chatter, abuses and the shouts of arguments are all missing. I am glad Tyler and Mariah are safe at the hiding.

Its not that these people are scared to fight but this time, the stakes are too high. Today's fight threatens the very existence of this pack which has already faced the horrors of extinguishing once. No! No matter how hard this goes, we will all defeat those treacherous wolves. Those rogues stand no stand in front of us- the rightful ones.

"Everyone listen!" Xalvador commands as soon we step out on the ground. Each and every wolf on the field stands to attention. "My spies have confirmed. The enemy is almost here. Now is the time to use each and every thing you have learned in this pack. Be ruthless, smart and kill. This is our pack and we will not let history repeat itself. The doomed night that cost us our families and our pack will not replay again. We will fight- only to win!"

"We will fight only to win!" The chorus of wolves pierces the serene silence. Xalvador gruffly nods and mind links someone. Soon enough Beta Axel and Liam report to him.

"Position." Xalvador orders and they both nod. Calling out to their respective groups, they stand in rectangular units. There are many other similar units with a wolf as their leader. I see Marcel as one of the leaders and I can recognize some only by their faces. Almost everyone is here, except... Kane.

"I'll be right back." I mutter quickly and rush inside. I find him in the living room... watching tv!

"Don't you have no self respect? Or any compassion for your pack for that matter?" I growl and Kane faces me.

"Luna, I am afraid I don't follow." He says with the same weird tone he talks every time.

"There is war about to commence and here you are watching television! That's your own pack, your own Alpha who are gonna fight to protect this pack and you seem the least interested! Even the common wolves are helping and you- you could almost pass for someone who is the enemy of this pack!" I say my blood boiling. His expression doesn't change. Its the same, bored and uninterested.

"I lost my family years ago because of a weak Alpha and his cheating, selfish mate! I lost my mate and my child that night fighting for a worthless man who couldn't bear the loss of his mate and let his entire pack face misery. And that woman, who for her own selfish reasons ran away! After that dear Luna, I had no intentions of staying in this worthless pack. It was only due to my brother that I agreed to stay. But every time I look at Alpha Xalvador, I'm reminded of my loss. I don't care if this pack intact or everyone including me dies. I have no care at all." He growls slightly and I stand there baffled.