Blood and Burn

I follow Xalvador to the entrance of the house and see another group of ten wolves waiting for us. They bow their heads in respect as Xalvador and I reach them.

"Shift." Xalvador commands and the wolves remove their t-shirts. All of them have a sculpted body and I guess its the same for every warrior wolf here.

"Mark!'' Xalvador calls the next moment and a man comes there.

"Make arrangement for clothes for everyone after we shift on the border. Carry clothes for Arabella too." Xalvador orders and Mark leaves after a curt nod. The ten wolves crack their bones and shift, their pants and shorts tearing apart. Xalvador removes his clothes too and I resist myself from looking at incredible, tanned body. I shake my thoughts and walk behind a tree. I feel Xalvador's eyes following me and quickly strip out of my clothes. I shift as fast as I can because being naked in front of these people isn't exactly what one would call comfortable. I crack my bones and turn in to my white wolf. I walk towards the others and feel shocked when I see the biggest wolf I have ever seen. Its Xalvador! He looks even more terrifying in his wolf form and I restrain myself from whimpering. His wolf is huge with a glossy dark gray fur which could almost pass for black. He opens his mouth as I approach him and I see his canines. They are sharp and very long. He might have mind linked the other wolves as they leave immediately all together. He then comes to me and rubs our sides together. I feel small standing beside him as he nuzzles my fur. He looks into my eyes and mind links me.

"We leave now but do not leave my side in any situation." I just nod at his instructions and we both start off running. Fiana stretches herself as I run as fast as I can to keep up with my monster mate. He is ridiculously fast but being an elemental, I match up to his pace. Had I been a normal wolf, I would have barely covered half the area he covers in one stride. We soon catch up with the other wolves and run past them. We run and run and after what seems like hours, reach the border which is attacked. 

The first thing I see is blood. Everywhere. And then the dead bodies. But the bodies aren't teared up. They are burnt. And they are in such a condition that even their faces can't be identified. Xalvador stiffens as he takes in the damage. Everyone waits as he examines the area and I see Beta Axel running towards him. Xalvador sniffs around and leaps over each and every dead body. He sniffs the blood and the then sniffs the air. After completing his examination of the scene, he stands beside me again. He mind links me and the other wolves to shift and they comply. I look around for the person Mark so I could get some clothes. As if on cue, Mark arrives and drops a pair of shorts on Xalvador's legs. Then he proceeds to me and drops a track pant and a t-shirt. I pick the clothes between my teeth and shift behind a tree. When I return back dressed, I see everyone clothed, just wearing shorts or pants. I also realize that I am on the only female here. I stand beside Xalvador and he seems pleased about it. He looks at me and his eyes trail up and down on my body. His intense stare breaks when we see Beta Axel running towards us.

"Alpha." He greets.

"What exactly happened?"

"I had just begun on my usual rounds near the pack house when one of the wolves from the north border mind linked me about not being able to contact any of the east border wolves. I didn't think the matter would be this serious but I still came anyway. I thought that the wolves must be misbehaving or being irresponsible while guarding but I found them all dead when I reached here. That's when I informed Liam." Beta explains and Xalvador grunts in response. He thinks for a while and they both immerse in a conversation. I take that chance to myself go and examine the dead wolves. I take in every position and try to figure what would have happened. I turn the bodies around to search for a bullet mark but their burnt skin makes it impossible to notice anything like that.

"Arabella! We are leaving." I hear Xalvador commanding me and I roll my eyes. I don't want to leave yet. I need to see what happened to these warrior wolves.

Why Ara? This isn't your pack, right?

Fiana taunts me and I realize that I am being more concerned over this than I should. But what other choice do I have? Xalvador will never let me go. If I have to stay in this pack, I might as well do something to occupy my mind and save me from the boredom. Its not like I am gonna fight for the ruthless Alpha of this monster pack. I can't just go and stay in that room all day. It would kill me. I walk over to Xalvador and see him removing his pants to shift. I quickly close my eyes and run behind the same tree. I strip and shift, picking my clothes.  I see everyone except the wolves that have to pick up the dead bodies in their wolf forms and Xalvador takes the lead. I follow him and he slows down a bit so I can fall into step beside him. We both leave the Beta and other wolves behind as Xalvador picks up the pace and I do the same. 

Upon reaching the pack house, Xalvador leaves for his work but not before warning me to not even think of running. I roll my eyes mentally at his stupidity. Like I would try to leave again when you are in the house. Yeah right.

I go inside the house, hoping to find Liam. I find him in one of the living rooms. I walk in and he smiles when he sees me.

"Hey. Where were you?" He questions.

" I went to the border with your Alpha," I say and his eyes widen, face splitting into a suggestive grin.

"Its nothing like you are thinking. I get super bored here having nothing to do so I thought I might as well go and see what happened. Also, I needed a run and you know Xalvador would have never allowed that." I explain quickly to stop him from giving me the suggestive looks. He nods in understanding still carrying a happy expression. I change the topic to the attack and he expresses his views. I nod and then get up intending to work out. I had enough of rest.

"Arabella! " Liam calls and I turn around, my hand on the door handle. His face is serious and he gets up, walking towards me.

"I just wanted to talk about... um- your conversation with Alpha in the office today... I mean all I want to say is that Alpha Xalvador had a rough childhood. He had to encounter terrible things at a tender age and I could tell you everything, but then it's not my story to tell. I just know that he is not a bad person. He comes out as a ruthless monster but I know he cares a lot. For his pack. His people and you. Just give him a chance and maybe you will know the real Alpha Xalvador once you break down his walls. Because think about it- the Moon Goddess chose you as his mate for a reason.'' Liam concludes and walks out of the room giving me a small smile.

His words hit me like a wrecking ball. And that's because I know that everything he just said is true. And somewhere they are the facts I try to ignore. Mates are chosen for each other for a reason and I had been lying to my own self that it was a mistake that I and Xalvador are mates since the day my eyes fell on him. I sigh as a tornado of thoughts rises up in my mind. Again.

Hey Nerdies!! Share, vote and comment if you liked the chapter :-)