A Price To End The Evil

Xalvador groans as the red head chants and twists his bones. She has me under control and I can't do anything.

I want to yell, scream, tear the woman apart for hurting my mate. My blood is boiling, my entire body is on fire with rage and desperation. I try to stand up again but the woman pulls me down again. As I scream with pain, I see Xalvador trying to stand to help me but immediately he stumbles and falls again. That bitch! She is hurting my mate. Fiana is raging within me, wanting to get out but I don't let her. I can't use the power of fire when I'm in my elemental form.

Xalvador groans again with agony and this time, I decide to strangle the woman no matter what. But before I can do anything, a wolf pounces on the witch. An unfamiliar wolf. I watch dazed as Xalvador's expression changes from confusion to surprise. Who is it?

Very cautiously, the foreign wolf hoists upon the witch and claws at her mouth. Now the bitch can't chant huh? I smirk as I raise a fire in her direction. She can barely groan with the unfamiliar wolf's hand on her mouth. I try to intensify the fire but I realize I'm too tired. All day long fighting has drained my power. But I still keep trying.

Xalvador manages to stand and snarls dangerously at the witch. He pounces on her , as the other wolf moves but before he can snap her neck, she frowns as if in concentration. The next moment, Xalvador is thrown away. She can cast her magic without chanting as well! Shit she is powerful. 

Xalvador's agonized growl makes me loose concentration and the fire weakens. A sudden force twists my arms behind my back and I yell in pain. I am weaker in human form. Xalvador growls again while the wolf who helped us is thrown away too. I must do something. I need to get back to the house and mind-link Axel. It's time to do the thing I didn't want to. We need more power. Because of the witch, the rogues have regained their confidence and are fighting more aggressively. 

I shift and sprint towards the house. Its getting darker. I must bring an end to this as soon as possible. Thankfully, Xalvador is up again and fighting the rogues while the witch is busy defending her already bleeding body from my wolves. I'm running one moment and the next, I am pulled to the side by another wolf. I immediately attack but then a huge tree falls on the spot I was running seconds ago. I look up to find the same unfamiliar wolf. It saved me!

I stare at the wolf in question but suddenly he growls with pain. I realize it's the witch's doing- she is hurting him because he saved me. Like the hero he is, my mate pounces on her and the spell breaks, relieving the wolf.

"Thank you for saving me." I mind-link the wolf as I get on my paws again.

"It was my duty, Luna." Comes the reply in a weird tone and I snap my head up in shock. I have heard that twisted tone too many times to be mistaken. It's freaking Kane! He helped! Kane grins with his canines flashing as he grasps my reaction. Hell yes, I am shocked! He was literally watching television when I urged him to help before and here he is now, saving my life.

I smile with a breath as we run towards the house. 

"Why did you help? I mean how? I mean-"

"I heard Maisie talking with you and Alpha before the war." He says and that is all the explanation I get. He heard Maise tell about Luna Gabriella. Maybe, knowing that Luna wasn't selfish changed his mind about blaming her and Alpha for everything. Whatever the reason is, Kane intervened at a very crucial time and for that, I will forever be thankful.

I enter the house and without wasting a minute, I mind-link Beta Axel.

"The situation is out of control, send them in." 

"You got it." He replies curtly and I sigh.

"What did you do?" Kane questions.

"You'll see." I say smugly and we sprint to the field again. I kill every wolf that comes in my way, a new surge of energy in me. Surprisingly, Kane is very strong as well given the fact that he never shifts or trains. We kill and defend, and fight and attack.