Special weapon

"Tha-that's insane. I am sure I wasn't born in this pack!" I say shaking my head in wild confusion.

"Arabella, its true that the dominant smell on you is of the forests and some other places but there is a hint of subtle yet primary scent- which is of this pack." 

"Maybe that is because I've been staying here for a lot of days and so their smell is on me." I say awkwardly yet I find this explanation quite valid.

Apparently Elizabeth doesn't and she laughs a forced laugh. 

"A wolf doesn't acquire smells from it's surroundings. A pack smell is a smell that a wolf is born with. Its present on a wolf right from the time it is in it's mother's womb." She says emphatically and I gulp, unable to accept this little piece of information. 

"I-I don't understand." I say with a sigh, my mind going into whorls of confusion. I can not be born in this pack. Its impossible.

"Nor do I." Elizabeth says still eyeing me and I try to recall all my memories from the past. But all that flashes in my mind are the memories of the day my grand mother was killed. I flinch inwardly as sadness overtakes my ability to think. I reminiscent the time when she hid me in a pit and got herself slaughtered. I wish I knew who did that to her. So that I could avenge her murder.

When I look up, I find Elizabeth gone with the door closed behind her. I wipe my eyes and take a deep breath, trying to erase traces of sadness. The door clicks open and the big bad Alpha enters, his eyes scanning me.

"Elizabeth was just here." He states hoping for an explanation.

"Yeah um-she was just here to introduce." I lie, because I myself don't know what to believe right now. But is it even a possibility that I am a member of this pack? I don't really have many memories of my childhood. Just some occasional pictures of me and grand mother.

"You are her."

The words of the old man we saw in the village ring in my years. I must and go and see him. But right now is not the time. I will meet him as soon as we return. Now that I have to meet the old man and find about the meaning of his statement, I feel I shouldn't have been so insistent on going with-

"Sugar bun?" Xalvador's voice snaps me out of my daze and I look at him pointedly.

"Don't call me that." I say and he shakes his head.

"Not happening. And we are getting late. Lets leave." He states and I walk outside as he follows by my side.

"How much time will it take us to reach there?" I ask as we near the main entrance.

"Four to five days. The distance is huge." He answers as I smile at Liam who waits with his small group of wolves. He smiles back and Xalvador grunts making us break the contact. What's with this guy and jealousy?

Xalvador produces a map from his pocket and shows me the location of the Silver Woods. He tells me that we are heading to the south west border for which we need to leave from the west side of our pack.

"Alpha?" Beta Axel comes up to us and questions. Xalvador nods and the Beta growls. The huge unit of wolves splits on two sides, making way for us. Xalvador leads, ushering me to follow and I comply. Beta Axel and Liam follow soon after with the rest of the pack.

"Who guards the pack house if we all leave?" I question and I'm surprised when Beta Axel answers.

"We have the high ranked wolves on guard Luna. And this time we also have Elizabeth who insisted on guarding the house while we were away."

Oh.

I nod and look forward as Xalvador commands everyone to shift.

"You can shift sugar bun. Your clothing later will be taken care of." He assures as I hear a chorus of thunderous cracks. I shift too, my clothes ripping apart and we swiftly begin the journey. Xalvador is the fastest among the whole pack and he runs forward furiously, just occasionally looking back for me. Being an elemental, I can at least match up to seventy-five-percent of his overall speed. But I am behind nonetheless. 

We cross our pack boundary, meadows, several lands, valleys and rivers until night falls and we approach a nice opening in the middle on a thick forest. Wait... did I just say 'our' pack boundary? Oh my God! What is happening to me? Maybe its because of the impact of Elizabeth's words on me. Get a grip Arabella.

As it gets late, he hauls the pack for rest. I go to the farthest tree I can find with my just handed clothes in my mouth and when I'm sure, no one and specially Xalvador is not watching, I shift. I put on the sweat pants and a light blue t-shirt pulling my hair into a pony. I walk towards the area where I see all the wolves stretching and resting. I squint my eyes close as my eyes fall on some who are still shifting and don't have any clothes on. Well... okay.

To my left, I see Beta Axel and Liam laying on the grass, talking about something just like the rest of the pack. I notice all the men in the pack are shirtless while the few number of women are decently dressed. Phew, that's a good thing! Xalvador emerges then from behind a tree with just black colored shorts around his waist and I have to control myself from drooling over his toned upper body.

"Sugar bun, lets go sleep." His voice commands and I walk farther with him, laying on the grass. He lays just beside me and encircles his arm around me. I immediately push him away and he growls.

"We are in front of the entire pack. You seriously can't sleep like this right now!" I admonish him.

"And why not? You are my mate and this my pack and I'm their Alpha. What I do with my mate is purely my personal business. And besides they should see that their Alpha and Luna are together."

"That is exactly what I don't want them to see because its not the truth. I still hate you for holding me against my will and I haven't and never will accept you as my mate." I retort. His forcefully puts his arm around me and scoots me closer  rendering no space at all while I writhe to get away.

"If force is what it takes to keep you with me, I will force every action on you. But one thing you can embed in that mind of yours, you are mine and no matter what you do or what happens, I will not let you leave. You are my mate and you will be fucking just that." He growls firmly in my ear, shooting trembles in my entire body. 

No matter how much he  makes me cringe, I cannot oppose the pull of the mate bond. Its just how female wolves are made. Power and dominance often attract us even more which is really unfair. Don't you think, you should really re-consider your policy regarding women, Moon Goddess?

 I gulp as his words work as a drug intoxicating my body in fear as well as sweet anticipation.

"I would like to see your try." I say as sternly as I can and distance myself away from him with all my strength. Which results in very little sucess.

"Challenge accepted." He says pulling me to him again with tremendous force and crushing me to him. I gaze into his smoldering eyes which shine in determination. He leans in and my heart pumps like a hammer. 

"I hate you." I whisper with venom in my voice and his hand tightens painfully on my back.

"I know and I don't care." He says and leans in towards my face. I quickly move my face to side so his lips land on my neck. Bad. Very badad idea. The point where I'm supposed to be be marked burns as Xalvador plants just one hot kiss, leaving a part of me begging for more and another one growling in frustration.

"And besides, I have special weapons to use on my side." He says in a smug tone, caressing my neck in feather touches. My mind goes into overdrive as he overpowers my body over my mind. But I am not that weak. I punch him in his well maintained torso with full force and he swallows a small groan, his eyes shooting daggers at me. Hah, of course his pack can't know he was punched by his own mate.

Though I feel smug, I keep my voice serious as I say my next words,

"Touch me again without permission Mr.Alpha and I'll burn you down and run away to freedom. Because you know, I have special weapons too." 

 His grits his teeth in wild anger as I distance myself glaring at him. Daring him to come closer, I move away from his hold, sleeping at a good distance away from him. Good luck Mr.Alpha!