Power

I'm sleeping peacefully. My arms are wrapped around grandma. She is stroking my hair and I start to fall into a deep sleep. I smile feeling safe and content with grand ma.

Suddenly I hear thuds and thumps, the night gets darker and the forest cave gloomier.

Grandma picks me up hurriedly and runs around. She puts a hand on my mouth when I make a small noise.

She wraps me in a cloth and digs a big hole suddenly.

It is all very fast. I can't understand anything.

Suddenly its black and quite.

I can see nothing.

A shrill cry pierces the silence.

Its Grandma's voice.

Blood. I smell it.

It's dripping.

From the black space on my face.

             I scream and wake up with a jolt. The dream again. My grandma's killing still haunts me even though I have very little idea of how it happened. Its like the dreams never want me to forget what happened that night. I immediately feel a presence beside me and in the flash of a lightning, I'm in Xalvador's cradle. His run his hand down my spine and I calm down. The mate bond is happy and that makes me relieved involuntarily.

"Are you okay Bella?" I hear his voice laced with concern. But I can't answer. Every time I dream of the events of that dreadful night, there is a kind of adrenaline surge that flows through my body and wrecks havoc within every nerve that functions beneath my skin.

"Sugar bun?" He asks again and I realize how close we are.

"Yea I'm fine," I say curtly and move out of his grasp. He tightens his grip but I still manage to sneak out. I lie down on the bed again and the emptiness makes me feel worse than I should be feeling. Damn you mate bond! Xalvador lies down too and his arm wraps around my waist tightly, as if warning me to not to show resistance. That brings a feeling of protectiveness and I shudder. It's not something I have felt before. Until now, I was the only one who used to protect myself. Now to all of a sudden have another person care and protect me is a foreign feeling. Even then it calms my body and soul at once and for once I let go. The nightmares leave my mind in a mess and if that reduces by having Xalvador's arm around me- then be it.

        The next morning when I wake up, I find the bed empty and a mix of sadness and relief fills me. I check the time and it is nine already. Shit, I never slept till this late before! I get up and head to the bathroom. The place invites me for a bath and I immediately agree. I take a shower and then search the room for the bags of clothes that Xalvador ordered yesterday. I pick out a pair of black track pants and a grey t-shirt. I dress simply just like yesterday and go down. I should probably run for a while or at least re-acquaint myself with some physical activity. My head doesn't hurt anymore and I feel quite fit. As I walk towards the training field, the events of the previous night flash in my head and a tingle runs down my spine.

         The air blows lightly as I tie my hair up on the field. There are many wolves training and some of them even keep looking in my direction constantly, trying to see what I might do next.
That makes me feel awkward. I mean I barely had an audience in my entire life. I wander around just stretching and waving awkwardly to some wolves when my eyes land on him. Liam! Despite knowing Xalvador's reaction to this, I walk over to him and he smiles widely when he sees me.

"Hie Miss.Arabella. Good morning." He greets and I smile back.

"Can you really not call me just Arabella? At least when we are alone and the big bad Alpha isn't present?" I ask hopefully and he laughs.