Threats

I suddenly hear a thunderous growl and the wolves stiffen. They release me and with one last glare into my eyes, they run away. At a distance I see them running but after that, they just seem to disappear. I lay limply on the ground, my eyes squinting due to the light. I feel a shadow looming over and I open my eyes to see Xalvador's huge wolf standing there. His eyes are full black and I can feel the anger radiating off him. He steps closer and I whimper as his paw nail scratches my injured side slightly. He growl and immediately someone comes forward and drops clothes at his feet. He then mind links me.

"Shift." He orders.

"No. I need to be alone for that." I say back weakly and he snarls at me.

"Arabella shift. Right now." He barks even louder and Fiana shivers in submission.

"No Xalvador. I am not shifting until you leave me alone." I say back fiercely and he growls in annoyance but leaves nevertheless. I smile in victory and trot to a nearby house's side. I shift and put on the clothes available. I then walk to the front near Xalvador's wolf. There are bruises all over my body and Xalvador's entire wolf form shakes with anger as he take in my condition.

"How dare you come here without my knowledge!" He barks with fury and I can't help but feel angry and melt at the same time at his possessiveness and concern.

"You don't own me!" I retort and he takes a step forward.

"I am your Alpha and your mate. So I do have power over you!" He snaps angrily.

"You are neither my Alpha nor have I accepted you as my mate so stop bossing around!" I spit back in equal fury. He jaw clenches and his growls looking around. He is about to say something when an unfamiliar voice cuts him.

"You are her." I turn to see an old man walking towards me, limping slightly and his eyes fixed on me. I frown in confusion and Xalvador growls slightly as if to avert the old guy's eye from me. But the old man doesn't budge.

"There is no doubt. You are her." He says in dazed manner and walks away, lost in thought. A confused silence falls between me and Xalvador but he snaps out of it sooner.

"We are leaving." He commands and stoops down, hoisting me in his arms. I glare and wiggle my legs to make him put me down but he doesn't listen. I stomp my fists on his shoulders and sighs in frustration. I glare at him as he starts walking and again wiggle my body which makes me whimper in pain.

"Arabella don't." He says sternly staring down at me and I stop. As we walk away from the village, I see a scared Tyler and Mariah come out and smile weakly at me. I blink my eyes in an 'no problem' gesture and their figures fade as Xalvador picks up speed.

         Xalvador rests me softly on his bed and immediately summons a lady which I assume as the pack doctor. She examines my wounds and checks something by wrapping a cloth like thing around my arm.

"The wounds are deep but not serious damage. They will heal quickly." She says and Xalvador nods in what I would call as think as relief. She then puts some medicines beside the bed and then gets up to depart.

"Take care Luna." She says as she closes the door and cringe at the address. Xalvador catches that and his eyes darken slightly. He seems like he is about to snap but holds it in and leaves the room, slamming the door slightly. I sigh and close my eyes letting the tiredness wash over me.

When I wake up next, I find Emily sitting beside me. I am confused as I sit up and she stands surprised.

"I am sorry Luna. I was just here to tell you that Alpha Xalvador wants to see you." She says politely.

"Thanks Emily. And you don't have to call me Luna. Please." I say and she nods, smiles and then leaves the room.

 I get up feeling my sides ache and fix my hair. I reach Xalvador's office and again, before I can knock his voice commands me to come inside. I shake my head in annoyance at the powers of the bond and enter. As I stand before him, his eyes sweep over my body stopping at the scars and wounds. His stare makes me feel all giddy and tingly but I know its just the effect of the mate bond. His then motions for me to sit and I take a chair.

"Why did you go there?" He asks and I shrug.

"Because I wanted to." Well he doesn't like my reply though. 

"And you couldn't ask me first?!" He asks bewildered and I shake my head.

"I am not in your pack with my own wish and you are not my Alpha. If you are forcing me to stay here, I still will hold on to my free will." I retort sternly. His face hardens as if he can't accept my words.

"This isn't over. But for now, I need you to tell me what exactly happened." He demands. Gosh does this guy know about the existence of a word called polite?

"I met the kids and then just as I started to return, a huge wolf pounced at me. I dodged but he managed to scratch my arms. Then when I turned around, I saw eight of them surrounding me." I say it simple and untangled and his eyes avert to my bruised arm. He then begins to think something and I ponder if I should ask him the next question or not.

"So who do you think were those people?" I ask cautiously.

"I am not sure but Elizabeth will tell me. I already sent her a word that I need her." He says and the mate bond jitters. Elizabeth. A girl. That's all Fiana can feel and which directly affects me. Jealousy sweeps over my body and I try to hold back those feelings. But even then, without even realizing I ask him,

"Who's Elizabeth?" Even though I have no part in it, my tone comes out as jealous and accusing. Xalvador senses this and I see a slight smirk form on his face. I huff inwardly and glare at Fiana. She smiles sheepishly and curls into a ball. Wow, talk about having a half and a best friend.

"Why she is my old friend. A very trusted and smart and intelligent and beautiful friend. I really adore her." Xalvador says slowly on purpose, surely enjoying my angry and jealous expressions. So he likes another girl huh? Good for me! I can get out of here then. Its not like I am attracted to him anyway.

"Yeah right." Fiana pops up and rolls her eyes.

"Shut up Fiana!" I snap and cut off the link. I look at Xalvador to find him smirking smugly at my inner conflict. I glare and get out of the chair..

"I don't care who she is or what she does. I have other chores to attend to." I say with turning my neck to a side and start to leave.

"Oh really? Chores like what?" Xalvador asks sarcastically folding his arms. He is having way too much fun.

"Like thinking of ways to run from an obnoxious, arrogant and annoying man who has held me captive." I say aware of the exact effect it will have. Xalvador's eyes show disappearance of his smugness and instead his eyes narrow in warning. I smile sweetly and leave the room, slamming the door behind my just like he did earlier.

I am walking to Xalvador's room when I crash into someone. I look up to see its Maisie with a shocked expression on her face.

"I am sorry." She mumbles lost and starts walking into another direction.

"Maisie wait." I say and she turns around. Her face turns into that of a surprise as if she just realized she crashed into me.

"Oh hello Luna. I am really sorry, I didn't see you." She says hurriedly.

"That's okay. But are you fine? You look...lost." I ask.

"Yeah um I'm totally good." She says with a fake smile and walks away. 

I just shrug in confusion and continue my journey to Xalvador's room.

So I finally have started with The Werewolf Clash and this is an update after say a month and a half. I am really sorry for procrastinating this book but I had to finish my other book 'Intrigued By Her'. Now that its complete, my sole focus is Werewolf Clash and I'll be updating it pretty regularly and fast.

I love this book and this genre as much as you all and which is why I took a break so I could really write soemthign good. Thanks for all the love and support and keep reading and voting!!