Challenge

I go inside the house and walk towards the staircase. I reach Xalvador's room but don't enter. Soon after he appears beside me and waits for me to go in.

"Why are you standing here?" He asks when he realizes that I wasn't planning on entering.

"I want another room," I say although I already know what his answer is going to be.

"Thats not even a point to argue. You will stay in here with me. I just told my entire pack about you and you still think I'll let my mate stay in another room. Stop being stupid Bella." Xalvador growls and I growl back.

"You want me as your mate. I don't. I still want to back and live as a rogue and be free instead of being in the clutches of a monster like you." I growl. His jaw stiffens.

"Now that you know I'm a monster, also know I don't do what I don't like. Want it or not, you are my mate and you will stay in the same room as me." He says and opens the door, pushing me in with him. I free my arm from his grip and sit on the bed. Xalvador comes towards me and I go back. He sighs and then wards off angrily to the bathroom. A girl of about 19 years knocks at the partially opened door.

"Um yeah. Come in." I say and it feels odd ordering and granting permission to people.

"Hello, Luna. I'm Maisie and I'm here to take your measurement to get your new clothes and accessories. If you would you please stand up." She says timidly with a polite smile.

"I'm sorry but you don't have to call me Luna. You can call me Arabella. I would really appreciate that." I say and her eyes widen.

"I ca-can't call you by your name Lun- I mean um... Can I call you Miss Arabella?" She asks and I smile nodding in affirmation.

"Thats fine. And yeah you can take the measurements." I say the last part slowly, my voice fading sadly.

"Thank you Lu- Miss Arabella."

"Who the hell do you think you are, calling my mate Miss Arabella?" Xalvador shouts at Maisie appearing from the bathroom and the girl cowers in fear.

"Stop it. I told her to call me that. Its not her fault." I say quickly and his eyes snap at me with a murderous glare. He is about to say something but seeing Maisie he shuts up and I breath out in relief. I smile assuringly at Maisie and she kneels down at my feet shivering, taking measurements with a long tape.

           Maisie pinches and teases my body at several points and when she reaches my chest, I realize that Xalvador hasn't stopped staring in my direction. I see him looking exactly where Maisie's hands are working with hooded eyes and I feel awkward. The mate bond loves the attention and Fiana is proud. I look away from his scrutinizing gaze and sigh audibly when Maisie finishes her work. Xalvador gets up as soon as we are alone. I'm cornered near the wall and he approaches me slowly. His eyes are full of lust and I'm worried that he might mark me in the heat of the moment.

"Why did you do that sugar bun?" He asks huskily and my legs tremble.

"Sugar bun?" I ask, my voice hoarse due to the close proximity.

"Yes. A name that suits you prefectly." He says and Fiana does a happy dance at the new name.

"I don't want you to call me that," I say and he leans in closer, closing his eyes.

"It doesn't matter if you want that or not sugar bun. I like it and I'll do as I please." He says next to my ear. I shove him lightly on the shoulder and move away. He is about to what seems like shout at me when his eyes roam upwards. A mind link! He looks at me after minutes and then says.

"I have work that I have to attend sugar bun. You can roam the house and do as you please. But" He accentuates. "... even try to escape and I will make sure you are never out of my sight. Even for a moment." He warns and leaves for the door. He stops abruptly, turns and reaches me. He breathes my scent, closes his eyes and then growls in my ear.