VIII-TILL DEATH DO US PART

I finished dressing and summoned Pamu. "Where is the queen?" I asked him.

He smiled and said, "I've heard that she made new friends. "These news were definitely news to me.

"Friends? Who?" I asked curiously.

"The daughters of the minister of harvest and daughter of the minister of finance," he replied.

"And where are they?" I asked him.

"The Garden of the Rose Petals," he said. I made up my mind to go and see her. But what would I say? What excuse would I give?

Otherwise I still went to find her. I stood on the pavilion looking out at the garden. There she was, poised and laughing with her friends. She looked more beautiful than when I saw her last. Keeping in mind I had only seen her two times, at the river and yesterday at the feast.

I descended down the steps and approached them. The two girls rose and curtsied. My wife just sat on the mat avoiding my gaze.

"Leave us, "I said. They rose and bowed while walking away with the maids. I let myself down on the mat and picked up an apple from the fruit basket.

"You weren't invited," she said suddenly.

"All of Egypt belongs to me and I can take whatever I want," I said egotistically.

She rose from the mat and started to walk away. I reached out and grabbed her hand. She stopped and looked at me in the eyes, "Leave me alone."

"Leave you? Hah! You are mine," I said.

"I never was, never am and never will be," she said then yanked her arm from my grasp after which she walked away. Her hair came apart from the bun and fell in long beautiful tresses. The same brown locks I first saw on the bank of the Nile, shining with the moon. Now they were a light hazel, lit by the glorious Egyptian sun. I watched her go and a small smile escaped my lips. I like a girl with attitude, it suits her and she definitely suits me.

**********

"He is an egotistical egomaniac!" I shouted, speaking for the first time since our ruined picnic. How does he have the guts...! Who does he think he is? And no I am not his!

"Calm down, Your Highness," Skai told me and I just turned and sat twisting my gown thinking of all things possible that I could do to make him writhe in pain. Pharaoh my foot!

Just then, a messenger walked in and announced, "My queen, vizier Raeah requests an audience with you in the throne room. He says it is urgent and of great need so he humbly asks that you hurry."

We all stood up and were about to leave when he said, "Alone, of course."

I nodded and glanced at my friends who nodded at me in approval and I proceeded after the messenger back to the throne room.

I walked in to find the vizier seated with the pharaoh, my husband.

"Ahh, my queen. So nice of you to grace us with your presence," the vizier said as he got up and took a bow.

"Well, take a seat please," he said and pointed to a seat next to the Pharaoh.

I nodded and took my place. Just as I sat down, the High Priest who conducted our marriage entered and said a short prayer.

He took a bow and said," My King and Queen, the gods are happy with your alliance."

"A marriage between the Daughter of the Nile and a pharaoh as great as you are was destined in the stars. But however, I am seeking your attention because there is great danger lying ahead."

The vizier leaped at this and said, "Danger?"

"Yes, danger. The last Pharaoh created many enemies who wish to take revenge on you, my lord. The fate declares that it is not safe for you here at the palace. At least not for now," the High Priest continued.

"Well then, Raeah assemble a small band of the captain's finest soldiers. I leave first thing in the morning," the Pharaoh said as he got up and proceeded to the doors.

To be honest, I never thought that he could be so mature considering how stupid and egotistical he acted with me earlier before.

"My lord, sorry to interrupt you but the thing is, if they don't find you they will go for your queen. Especially now when you don't have an heir yet. They will kill her and proceed onto killing you therefore sending Egypt into chaos without a Pharaoh," the High Priest said.

Death? Hello! I just turned eighteen! Not ready to die yet.

"I think it wise if we send you both away from Thebes for now," said the vizier while the High Priest nodded in agreement.

The pharaoh resumed back to his seat and listened in.

"I shall send a letter to the King of Athens in Greece. He is a trustworthy ally of Egypt and shall help in hiding you and protecting you too. You shall leave by ship tomorrow morning. I shall make all the arrangements and ensure all is well and ready for your voyage," the vizier said.

"Very well, vizier. Thank you High Priest," the Pharaoh said to them and without glancing at me, he left the room.

"Thank you, my queen. Do have a good night's sleep and prepare for tomorrow," the vizier said to me. I nodded and curtsied then left the room too.

I went back to my chambers to find that Skai and Rahina had already left. I settled myself onto my bed and thought of what just happened. I knew it was my destiny and I needed to protect the Pharaoh but with him being the biggest douchebag on the planet what would I do?

I mean come on, I prefer quarter backs and school jocks to this guy. He has the biggest ego ever saw on anyone. Okay, it is kind of understandable thinking that this guy ruled one of the world's greatest civilizations. But it would do him good to be humble.

I wasn't even sure it was him I met at the river. He seemed so different.

I summoned my servants and told them to pack my clothes and jewelry in preparation for tomorrow. I was about to soak myself and enjoy scents of precious oils when a messenger walked in and said, "My queen, the Pharaoh would like to have a word with you."

What the heck! I adjusted my clothes and walked out following him to the Pharaoh's chambers. When he opened the door he announced my arrival, "Pharaoh, I present your queen."

"Thank you, Pamu. You may leave us," the Pharaoh said to him after which the messenger took a bow and left the room.

His room was much grander than mine and his bed bigger. I looked at the bed with much hatred because that's where he spent last night, in Antarta's arms...

"Well, my queen, care for a stroll down to the river?" he said looking at me and emphasizing on the words my queen. Understandable since I was his wife but he was clearly stating and resting his argument on whether I was his.

"About that stroll?" he asked again looking deep into my eyes while his own sparkled with youthfulness and curiosity.

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

Hello,

So the last chapter I had many readers saying how the Pharaoh was an idiot. Point to note, I am a feminist and his character is meant to be like that. Remember he is a rebel boy king and don't be quick to judge.

Picture above is the Pharaoh, Vizier Raeah and High Priest Imhotep.

By the way, I just wrote the first chapter of a new book. I need your opinions please. It is titled HOSTAGE BY A BLOOD BARON.

Anyway I love you all and don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share!

Thank you, dearies!