XXV-PREPARING FOR THE MEDJAY

The rest of our voyage was peaceful without any shortcomings whatsoever. Merhut even helped me in practicing my sword fighting skills. I got better and better which each passing day that Amun-Ra allowed us to see.

We arrived back in Thebes a week before we expected the Medjay for our 'peace talk'. And was Sky happy to see me!

"Oh my God! I've missed you so much, my dear. I'm so sorry about Mr. D'Nile, he was such a darling," she said when she embraced me as soon as we entered the palace.

"It is okay, Sky. Those that committed this ferocious monstrosity shall pay dearly. I shall make sure of it," I said as I moved towards the throne room.

"Where are you going?" Sky asked me.

"The throne room," I replied.

"Aren't we going to catch up?" she asked me.

"Later, darling. I have important issues that need to be addressed promptly," I said as she stood there, staring at me with wide open eyes.

"You've never called me 'darling'. I'm jealous," Merhut said after he nudged me in the ribs.

"That's because you never listen to me. And you lock me up too," I said as we entered the throne room.

"My Lord, my Lady," Raeah acknowledged our presence in the throne room.

"King Dareios," he said and bowed at us then beckoned to some seats. Just as we sat down, the High Priest Imhotep entered.

"I am glad that you have come back safely, my lords. Yesterday, the gods sent me a dream. In this dream, the Medjay were skinny and starving. Therefore I sent a scout to investigate and I found it true," he said.

"That is probably the reason why they are planning to overtake our southern empire! Because they happen to be starving down in the Nubian Desert. The rains have been very little and they possess inadequate skills to farm their food from the Nile," I concluded.

"It seems the Queen is right on this," Dareios said and the rest nodded.

"General Nakhti, what do you think?" Bek asked a huge dark skinned man.

"That is the current situation," Nakhti said.

"Therefore, if we go to war, we will obviously win this war within a day but a lot of blood will be shed. Mostly the Medjay's but also our army shall suffer because from what knowledge I have gathered from all our discussions, I understand that their fighting skills are just plain animosity and they do anything to kill," I said.

"All that the Queen speaks is the truth. Therefore we need to devise a plan that avoids bloodshed and we also keep our land," Captain Bek said.

"So, since we have seven more days till the Medjay are expected, we shall meet and discuss more about this issue. But for now, I think it safe for us to settle down," Merhut said.

We all rose and everyone bowed to the Pharaoh, king Dareios and I. Since Dareios and Merhut were busy discussing about the late Pharaoh, I decided to proceed to my chambers. I met Rayna and Sky on my bed eagerly waiting for me.

"Oh! You're home!" they both exclaimed and literally knocked me down.

"I missed you guys too," I said as I tried to regain my posture.

"So how was Greece?" they asked me.

"Can you ask me that question right after I take a refreshing shower?" I begged as I entered the bathroom.

After I showered and changed, I tied my hair into a bun and sat on the bed. We talked about the voyage and the beauty of Athens but I left the part where Antarta claimed she was pregnant, where I almost drowned and when Merhut and I made up.

"That was so exciting! Like of all..." Rayna was in the middle of saying when the doors opened and in entered Merhut.

We were lying around on my huge bed typical of best friends but immediately we sat up and straightened ourselves. Merhut grinned with his hands behind his back.

"You aren't going to introduce me to your friends?" he asked me mischievously.

"Um, right. This is Skyla and this is Rayna" I said beckoning to them respectively.

They both curtsied and lowered their heads in respect.

"Nice to meet you," Merhut said. "Can you ladies excuse us for a minute?"

They left the chambers and Merhut closed the doors. He then jumped on my bed and looked at me with starry eyes.

"This is the first time I've been in your chambers," he said.

I sat on the bed and crossed my legs.

"I can't imagine not having you in my chambers all the time. I can't imagine us having to be in separate rooms," he complained.

"Of course, so what are you here for?" I asked him haughtily.

"Oh, no you didn't," he said and got up.

"Yes I did," I replied.

"I'm here for what's mine," he said and carried me in his arms. He proceeded to walk out of the chambers and I saw Rayna and Sky outside my chamber. They looked at me in awe and probably wondering what I was doing in his arms.

But I didn't care one bit. We were just about to enter into Merhut's chamber when General Nakhti met us.

"My lords," he said and bowed in respect. Merhut lowered me and we stood in poise.

"I am sorry to have disturbed you, my Lords," he apologized.

"It's fine," Merhut told him.

"Prince Silas and Heraclius would like to meet with you because they have devised a plan so great it is absolutely fool proof," he said.

"Well, we shall meet them in the throne room. Ensure you have communicated this to Captain Bek, King Dareios, Vizier Raeah and the High Priest," Merhut told him and he left.

"We shall get back to where we were after the meeting," Merhut said and winked at me.

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

My darling readers,

You are in for such a huge surprise. In fact, many surprises so be ready for many cliffhangers.

By the way, follow my awesome friend ElleonUis who is the writer of the awesome book The King's Bride. She also has a page on Facebook under the same name. Her book is #5 in the Historical Fiction category so it is an absolute amazing read!

Thank you all so much for the 1K reads!

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share!