XV-HOAX OR TRUTH?

PHARAOH'S P.O.V

I saw her fall off the ship and plunged into the cool waters of the Nile. I rushed to the edge and past many guards and staff who had gathered around where she was. I jumped off the ship into the blue crystal clear water.

She was sinking, looking serene and tranquil as the Queen she was. I swam to her but she sank deeper with my every effort to reach her. I grabbed her hand that was within my reach and pulled her towards me. I clung to her and swam up to the surface.

Several guards had dived in after me and a rope ladder had been hoisted down the ship. We carried her back to the deck where the physician awaited impatiently to check her.

He pushed her chest several times and water splashed out of her mouth and nostrils. Yet, no sign of life. He did that repeatedly after which he ordered the maids to give her a change of clothes and for her to be put in bed.

"We leave her life to Ra, my Lord. There's nothing more that can be done right now,"the physician told me and went his way.

Pamu came up to me and held my hand. He directed me back to my chambers where Nefera lay on the bed, looking white. He changed my clothes and handed me a cup of warm tea. Without any words, he left the room.

I looked at her and prayed fervently to goddess Isis for the healing of Nefera. I lay prostate in prayer the whole night seeking answers from goddess Anuket as to why she chose that my wife die in the river of life. The river Nile.

I was in constant fear that Anubis would take her away from me. Away before I had even known her. Surely we'd been married less than a week yet I felt I had known her my whole life. She was so easy to talk to. Easy to listen And she didn't judge me.

I had disrespected her and slept with Antarta on our wedding night but she forgave me without a glitch. And here she was, dying on my own bed despite my efforts to save her from death. As Pharaoh, I was immortal. Life would continue for me after the Final Gates.

But life without Nefera seemed like an empty vessel without much use. I sounded crazy to myself. What was it about her that made me want to cry every time I looked at her?

She stirred.

After three days of pain and suffering in waiting for an answer, she stirred.

She fluttered her eyelids and her eye lashes swayed with the apparent movement. She opened her eyes and looked around.

"Water,"she murmured but I heard her. I poured a cup of water for her and helped her sit upright then slowly made her drink the water. I sent a guard to quickly call for the physician immediately.

The physician arrived and removed his tools. He looked at her and checked everything.

"Her heart is stable and all the water that was in her lungs is no more. She is quite fine but I recommend enough bed rest and soft foods to help her regain her energy,"the physician said and left.

I looked at her and a thousand questions burst into my mind but I decided to ask one only.

WHY?

She glanced at me and swept a lock of hair from her face then said,"I lost balance."

Fury enraged me because she could not be serious. Not serious at all.

"What do you mean you lost your balance? It looked like you jumped off the ship by yourself!"I found myself shouting at her.

"I fell. I didn't mean to. I'm...I'm...I'm sorry,"she said in between sobs.

I threw my hands in the air and went to sit on the couch. I could not believe how irresponsible she could be. 'Lost her balance?'. That was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard. She had been nursing me from my hangover and seemed pretty healthy at that moment.

So what changed?

She'd been gone a few minutes when I decided to catch some fresh air. I stood outside my door and saw her talking to the captain. Some guy called Bek. He seemed mad and happened to be yelling at Nefera.

I stood back and watched in order to see what would happen. Bek left her and she stood there looking sad and disappointed. That's when I saw her grasp the board and then she jumped into the river. Or so, she fell as she said.

This entire incident pointed out to Bek. That bastard!

I went out of the chamber and went up to the deck. I saw him giving out instructions to some guards when fury got the best of me and I removed my sword. I put it next to his throat and pushed him against the wooden edge.

"What did you tell my wife?"I asked him, anger gritting through my very teeth.

"Nothing...my Lord,"he said literally whimping out of terror.

"I saw you and don't you dare lie to me because I swear upon Amun-Ra, I will chop off your head and dump your body into the Nile right now!"I said.

All the activity on the deck had stopped and all eyes were on me. I cared less and looked at him with questioning eyes.

"I just...told her about Antarta,"he stammered and I let him go.

Women! What is it with them? After all, Antarta was off the ship so why did Nefera have to ask about her?

I went back to my chamber and looked at Nefera.

"Why were you inquiring about Antarta from Bek?"I asked her.

She looked at me and tears filled her eyes. I felt terrible for asking her and I did not want to see her cry.

"Nefera, I'm sorry. Don't cry, please"I begged her.

"It's okay. I mean, I know you did not intend on doing it,"she said wiping off the tears from her lovely cheeks.

"Intend on doing what?"I asked her out of curiosity.

"Impregnating Antarta,"she replied.

"What?"I asked her because I absolutely could not believe what just came out of her mouth.

"Yes, Merhut. Antarta is with child. Your child,"she said.

I felt my whole body became numb as my brain tried to process the information.

I was going to be a father?

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

Oh...

Just comment what you think I'm not giving any spoilers.

But, as in for real Antarta is pregnant with Merhut's child? I mean, what the hell?

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share!

Till the next update...