XXX-REUNION

I immediately left for Hapli when I received the eagle that Merhut was sick. I could not risk losing him. After my father, he was the second most important man in my life and in my world.

I descended from the carriage and walked into the tent like a crazy woman, my hair flying with the soft breeze of the oasis. I saw him lying on the bed, his skin pale. I ran over to him and could not help kissing him every inch of his face and neither could I stop the tears flowing from my worried eyes.

He said," Nefera, I love you..."

He loves me. He loves me!

And I knew I did love him. I loved him. But how do you describe love?

For some, it grows and ebbs like the tide ; while for others it comes in like a storm, leaving only destruction in the wake. It could warm you in its embrace or burn you with its bitterness.
You never even know what brings forth that feeling, that realization that you are in love, that you found the piece that fit into the puzzle of your life.

For some, it is when they lie next to someone and brush the hair falling on their lover's face, they come to the realization that they are in that moment, smitten.

For someone else, it is weakness and vulnerability and telling what couldn't be told.

It could be a glance of acceptance, the murmured longings of the wishes of someone else's heart, or a meal cooked together after a hard day's work.

It could be a knock on your door, a speeding of your heart, a desire to give all.
It could be feeling vulnerable, feeling naked, actually being naked.
It could be like a song on repeat or a shuffling till you get what you ever want.
It could be scary-exciting like a thunderstorm or sticky and overbearing like the feeling after a humid rain shower.
It is holding on, when all has been lost.
Falling in love is sneaky. Suddenly, you have what the whole world wants.
It is like having the world in your arms and still feeling that you never have everything you want.

It's irritating because it makes you dependent. And you, you who pride yourself on individuality, fall around to change yourself, to be less volatile.

It's scary. What if what you love, doesn't want you back?

It's lonely. To go back to what you didn't have.

It's possessive. Irrational. And a thousand maddening senses and sensations , all at once.

It is when you say someone's name,you have power. And when they say your name, your name has never been said like that.

It is to dream and want and be restless and craving and anxious and to check yourself all too often and get angry that the world around you is the way it wasn't anymore.

It's tough to sleep because you are thinking.
It's tough to work, because even if you are not with your lover, your being constantly embraces the desire for togetherness.

It is secret and sly and shadowy and dark and pungent and light.

It's need and want.

Falling in love is a thousand secret sensations, none wise, that drive you wild.

It is foolish optimism and dangerous over confidence.

That is what the feeling of being love is.

It's the highest high...

He rose and sat upright leaning on the feather pillows. He ran his hands in my hair and cupped my face wiping away my salty tears. He managed a smile and a small chuckle.

"Why the tears, my love?" he asked so sweetly and I literally swooned over the sound of his macho voice.

"You lied to me!" I said in pain remembering our last meeting when he promised that he would return to me as healthy as he was.

"My love, I would have come back from Anubis' hold if it were that I died. I can never leave you, my Nefera," he said to me and planted a kiss on my forehead.

I rested my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. It was steady and stable and I felt a rush of calm sweep over my whole body. I remembered that I had a surprise for him. A little part of me. A little part of him. A little of both of us. A little Merhut. Or maybe a Nefera...

Since he was awake and active in limb coordination, he was allowed by the physician to travel back to Thebes where he would receive better treatment. Just before I got into the carriage to ride back to the palace, I turned to Heraclius standing behind me.

"Thank you," I said to him gratefully from the deepest part of my soul.

"Don't mention it, Your Highness. I owed it to him," he said and a smile escaped his lips.

The ride back to Thebes was an uneventful one and I thanked Amun-Ra for the peaceful journey. I ordered my maids to relocate some of my belongings to Merhut's chamber because I could not think of leaving him for even a second.

Sky and Rayna were shocked at this but I dis not care what they thought about my relationship with Merhut. He was mine and I was proud of it.

After he settled into the bed, I sat next to him with my legs crossed on the bed. he looked at me with awe and I stared deep into his eyes. They were large and dark with a lot of mystery but I loved every thing about him.

I was deep in thought thinking what our child would look like. It would be my greatest joy that our child looked like him. His hair, his skin, his gait, his laugh and his personality.

"Nefera, what are you thinking about?" he asked me. I simply shook my head like a guilty culprit.

"Anything you want to tell me?" he asked me again, his eyes full of curiosity.

"Why?" I tried to defend myself.

"It seems so. Is there anything?" he asked.

"I'm with child, Merhut. You are going to be a father," I said with a full toothed smile.

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

My darlings!

Firstly, I have to remove ambiguity in the 'XXX' as the heading of this chapter. As you have noticed, I have numbered my chapters in Roman numerals so 'XXX' represents 'thirty'.

This chapter is dedicated to the author of the #1 book currently in Historical Fiction and she has just completed her book which is an absolute great read by the name The King's Bride.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share!

I love you!