XXI-THE WARNING

PHARAOH'S P.O.V

I rushed to the throne room where I met Dareios, Heraclius and Captain Bek discussing something.

"Finally, Merhut we have a problem," Heraclius said immediately I walked in.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Your Majesty, our scouts were searching the Northern desert and they found nothing. So they went on a search in the Nubian desert and they found something rather disturbing," Bek said.

"What was it that they found?" I asked.

"They found the viziers head, impaled on a spike," he said and I felt disgusted. That was my uncle. My vizier. Nefera's father...

"And who committed this outrageous act?" I asked angrily.

"Calm yourself, Merhut. You need to think clearly about the matter at hand," Dareios said and I thought it wise to do so.

"Apparently, the Medjay sent this as a warning. They want to claim the Egyptian Empire along the Nile. They say we should adhere to their demands before more danger comes our way," Bek said.

"Of course this is a risky idea..." Bek continued before I stopped him from committing atrocity with his mouth.

"Risky? This is my empire! The Kingdom has been in my dynasty for the last four hundred years! And I am not about to lose it. Not now, not ever!" i said making my words clearly heard and well understood.

"You've spoken like a true Pharaoh, my boy," Dareios said and patted my back. "We will have to put these people in their place."

"We?" I asked him because I thought I heard wrong.

"Yes, we. Whoever messes with Egypt messes with Athens too. I also think I can get aid from the Spartans because of Isidora's marriage," Dareios said and I thanked Amun-Ra for giving me the guidance of a king as great as Dareios.

"Send an eagle with the message that the Prince of Medjay should meet us for a peace treaty in order to find out exactly what he wants. After that we shall plan more on what to do," I said.

"Brilliant!" Dareios commended. "I shall also send a messenger to Prince Silas of Sparta that we require aid in battle."

"We should give them grace period of one moon to meet with us in the Royal Palace back in Thebes. During that time, we should have assembled our army and should lie in waiting," Bek said and we all agreed on the steps to be taken for battle.

I decided to write an eagle myself that would be sent to Raeah on what to do. In due time, we shall be in war or conquer the Nubian desert for Egypt.

Royal Vizier Raeah,

The threat in Thebes and the mystery disappearance of vizier Akhenatku came from the same source. The Medjay of the Nubian desert are solely responsible for these actions. Summon the army to protect the southern cities of the Nile from any invasion that may arise.

Write a letter to the Prince of the Medjay and invite him to the palace for a peace talk in a moon's time. Assure him there will be no blood shed at that meeting. Seal the letter with the Imperial signature of the Pharaoh and also send it with a boon of the best wine in Egypt.

I am on my way back to Thebes and I shall come with an army from Sparta and Athens in order to double our attack and defense power against the Medjay in any occurence of a war. Send our best scouts to gather information about the Medjay's army power, their numbers and their strength. If possible, find in depth information about the personal lives of the Medjay royal family.

I bid you farewell and I pray to Amun-Ra that he protect his kingdom and may the gods be on our side in guarding this kingdom.

Pharaoh Merhut Sanakhamenx

I sealed the letter and ordered Bek to send it to Egypt. Dareios had already sent he messenger to Sparta so we were just waiting for the reply. The Athenian army had already been summoned and were boarding ships that were bound for Thebes at that precise moment.

Since I became Pharaoh I had not yet handled matters that involved Egypt and I was sure of victory right now. I was sure of prosperity.

I did not know how to break the news to Nefera about her father but I could not hide it from her either. So I went to look for her. I checked in our room and I did not find her. Where on earth could she be?

I found a small boy of about four years strolling in the corridor. He saw me and sat down on the very floor.

"Hello. Where is your mother?" I asked him.

He just sat there and opened his arms beckoning me to carry him. As soon as I did, I heard him speak.

"Good. My mother went with a friend down to the garden," he said.

"Really. And what is your name?" I asked him because he was such a charming young boy.

"Leo. Leo the Prince of Sparta," he announced.

"Prince of Sparta?" I asked him.

"Of course. I am prince of Greece," he said.

"Not Sparta?" I asked him.

"Greece because my grandfather is king of Athens and my other grandfather is king of Sparta. So I'm prince of Greece," he said proudly. So this was Isidora's son.

"Shall I take you to your mother?" I asked him and he nodded happily.

I went to the garden and found Isidora talking to Nefera. They seemed joyful and it occurred to me that Isidora hadn't poisoned Nefera's mind about me.

"Oh, Leo!" Isidora said when she saw me arrive carrying Leo. I handed him to her and looked at Nefera. She gave me a shy smile and I beckoned to her to follow me.

"Thank you for the wonderful time," Nefera said to Isidora. "And that's such a handsome son you have."

Isidora nodded and I took Nefera's hand in mine.

"I have to tell you something," I said as we walked up to the terrace with the lovely view of the sea.

"Yes, what is it?" she asked me.

"It's..." I started and saw the searching gaze in her eyes.

"Your father, Nefera. He's dead," I said to her and she absolutely blacked out and fainted into my arms.

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

Darling readers,

The Medjay are an actual group of people found in the Nubian desert and yes there used to be clashes between Egypt and the Medjay back in history.

By the way, the Egyptians used to wear elaborate wigs so the picture above shows Nefera wearing one of such wigs.

Tell me what you think about this chapter in the COMMENTS and don't forget to VOTE.

I love you all!