You're a what?!

I woke up to a trail of kisses on my jaw line. I pushed James off me, "Get off! What are you doing?" I screamed.

His smirk returned, "I thought you were asleep," he told me. I jumped out the bed, what else had he done to me whilst I was asleep?

He must've noticed my concerned look because he sat up, "I didn't... You know, touch you," he told me looking quite concerned, "anyways... Let's go get breakfast, I'm a good cook!" He told me beginning to sound excited. I rolled my eyes and followed him to his kitchen and sat down at his black glass table.

The smell of pancakes filled my nose and I couldn't help but walk over and watch over my precious pancakes.

James laughed as he put in some chocolate chips, "I said I'm a good cook," he told me noticing my concerned look.

I smiled, "just don't over cook them," I told him before sitting back at the table. James put two each on a plate for us and placed it on a table in front of me. I thanked him and shoved half of one in my mouth.

James rolled his eyes and neatly cut his with his knife and fork, "so Lily, I know you have a lot of questions but some answers are complicated," he told me.

I nodded and waited for him to continue.

He ran a hand through his hair, "The reason you're here is because," he looked as if he didn't want to continue.

I was beginning to get nervous, "Oh come one, it's not like your about to tell me you're not human!" I said laughing nervously.

He looked at me and his eyes widened, "How did you know that? I mean it's not like I'm not completely human, I'm still technically human!" He told me.

I chocked on my pancake, had I heard him right? How did you know that? Them five words caused me to
choke on my pancakes. He wasn't human? What was he?

I furrowed my eyebrows and stood up, "James, what are you?" I asked and my voice trembled as I spoke.

He sighed, "this might be hard to believe but I'm a vampire," he told me.

I began laughing, "No... No! Vampires aren't real! Why haven't you sucked my blood or turned to a bat yet?" I asked. He couldn't be a vampire, it didn't make sense.

He looked offended, "because we can't turn to bats and we don't suck human blood, it's disgusting!" He told me.

I collapsed back into my chair, "why did you bring me here?" I shouted.

He dropped his head, "I need you," he told me.

"Why? Why me? Why not any other girl?"

He ran his hand through his hair again, "because they aren't like you. You're so caring, I felt that with you I would be comfortable," he explained.

I felt the heat run up to my cheeks, "you didn't need to kidnap me," I told him quietly.

He sighed, "you don't understand Lily, I fell in love with you as soon as I saw you! I know you like me back," he said.

"No!" I screamed at him.

"Oh come on, I see the way you stare at me," he teased.

I scowled and ran to the door. Surprise surprise, it was locked. I felt embarrassed and sat back at the table, "You know, there is something called a date. That's where you take the girl out and eventually you start dating. And then maybe the girl moves in with you. What you don't do is kidnap her and force her to love you!" I shouted the last sentenced.