All too soon

Lily-Mays pov

I looked to James, "I can't do this, I'm not ready to become one of you," I told him. I saw the heart break in his face.

He took my hand and cradled them into his chest, "you can do it. I love you and I know you love me," he told me.

The tears were filling up in my eyes but I was determined not to cry, "I'm scared," I told him and I felt a tear fall from my eye.

James wiped it away with his thumb before cupping my face in his hands, "scared of what? There's nothing to be scared of," he told me.

I turned my face away from him, "the bite," I whispered to him, my voice cracked on the word bite.

Bennett stood up from the table, "I'll give you two some time alone," he told us before leaving us in the kitchen.

James pulled me onto his lap, "it's okay, it's going to be fine," he told me stroking my hair.

I nuzzled my head into his chest, "it's going to hurt isn't it?" I asked but I already knew it would.

I felt him go rigid, "I'm not going to lie, it will hurt. Not for long though," he said.

I began sobbing, "everything's happening all too soon," I said between sobs.

He planted a kiss on my head, "I'm not going to force you to do this. I love you but it's your decision," he told me. I could hear how hurt he was in his voice.

I didn't know what I wanted. Yes I loved him and I wanted to spend my life with him but what if we didn't last. The pain, I knew I wouldn't be able to take the pain.

My mind was saying no but my heart was saying yes. I was just being selfish because I didn't want to be hurt.

I looked up into James dark eyes, they were so beautiful, "Okay, I'll do it. You have to promise me you'll stay with me forever," I told him.

He smiled, "of course I will, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me," he told me. He brought his head forward so that our foreheads were touching. I looked to his eyes and they were fixed on my lips, I looked down to his inviting pink lips. I leaned in to kiss him but he pulled away.

I felt my heart break, he had rejected me. I stood up and opened the kitchen door before walking into the bathroom and locking the door behind me. A few minutes later I heard someone knock on it.

"Piss off!" I shouted trying to make it sound like I wasn't crying.

I heard Bennett's voice, "What happened?" He asked his voice was so soft and kind.

"I don't want to talk about it," I grumbled at him.

Bennett knocked again, "please? I won't let James in, it will just be us," he told me. I opened the door and Bennett fell in, he must've been leaning on it.

I Locked the door again so that James couldn't come in, I didn't want to face him.

Bennett smiled, "what did my little brother do?" He asked again.