The bite

"So.." Bennett began, "James will bite your neck and it's going to hurt. It's gonna feel like being chopped into a million li-"

  James cut him off, "skip the details Ben," he told him.

  Bennett smiled, "okay. Like I said he will bite your neck and this sounds sort of gross but he has to let some of his saliva go into your blood, that's what turns you into a vampire. You should wait till tomorrow till kissing though," he said.

  I nodded my head. I didn't have butterflies in my stomach, instead I had the whole zoo.

   Bennett stood up and gave us a smile before closing the door and leaving us in silence.

   James broke the silence, "I'm just as nervous as you are about this," he told me.

   I smiled, "I trust you, I know it will be okay," I told him.

  He smiled, "lay down and face the window, think about something nice," he instructed me.

  I sunk down into the bed and turned to look at the window. I felt James' hand run up my neck. A few seconds later I felt his breath on it and I squeezed my eyes shut, I was so scared.

  He pulled back, "don't tense up, you need to relax," he said softly.

   I softened up and tried to control my breathing, "hurry up please," I whispered to him.

   He ran a hand through my hair, "sorry baby," he whispered back.

   I felt a sharp pain in my neck and it felt like I had set my neck on fire, it stayed like this for a few more seconds.

  James breathed out, "it's going to start hurting now," he told me.

I nodded and the pain in my neck caused me to throw my head up. I grabbed James' hand and screamed out in pain. My back arched as the pain increased.

  I could hear James trying to comfort me but I couldn't focus on his words. The pain ran down to my stomach and I clutched it before yelping out in pain. The pain lasted for another few seconds before leaving and I relaxed my body again.

  James stroked my cheek, "is it gone now?" He asked me.

  I nodded, "I'm exhausted," I told him.

  He looked at his watch, "it's almost ten o'clock, I'll go and get rid of Bennett," he told me. I was to tired to reply. I poked where he had bit me and winced as a throbbing pain appeared but then faded just as quickly.

   The door opened and Bennett walked in, "how you feeling?" He asked me.

  "My neck hurts when you touch it and I'm exhausted but other than that I'm fine," I told him.

  He smiled, "great, I'll probably see you tomorrow," he said.

  I smiled back, "see ya benny boy," I said with a laugh.

  He shook his head and chuckled before leaving the room.

  James walked in after a few minutes, "you need to get changed," he told me.

  I shut my eyes, "I need to sleep," I responded. 

  He pulled the duvet of me, "get
changed or I will get you changed myself," he told me. I opened my eyes to see a smirk on his face.