The plan in action

We stood outside the tall, prison like building. The butterflies had decided to have a party in my stomach as I stared at one of the cracked windows.

Damian rubbed his hands together, "you ready?" He asked, I could hear the nerves in his voice.

"Yep!" James and Victoria chirped.

"Sure," I mumbled, there was something intriguing about that window but I didn't know what.

I followed the other three inside the building and the same guy that attacked me the other day stopped us.

He smirked at me, "Lily, lovely to see you again," he said with venom in every word.

James grabbed my hand, "where's
Derek?" He asked deciding not to say anything about his greeting.

The creep smiled innocently, "he's in his office, why are you here?" He asked beginning to sound bored of our presence.

"I have the money I owe him," James told him he left out the attacking part.

He pointed to the room on the left, "in there, I'll take you," he said and began walking towards his office.

When we reached it Victoria spoke up, "Lily and I will wait out here," she said and leaned against the wall. I nodded and stood beside her.

The creep shook his head, "no, I'll need you to come in with us."

Victoria stood up straight, "excuse me? I'm the queen of this realm yet you are telling me what I can and cannot do. I could have you killed in an instant!" She shouted at him.

He nodded, "yes, sorry your majesty," he knocked on the office door and entered.

Derek was sitting on a spinny chair with his feet on a desk and a cigarette in his mouth, "Spencer, what's this?" he asked the creep I now knew as Spencer.

Spencer shut the door but I could still hear him, "James has your money," he told him.

I looked to Victoria, "ready?" I asked grinning with excitement. She nodded and I knocked on the office door.

Spencer answered, "what?" He asked flatly.

I smiled, "do you have a bathroom?" I asked.

He sighed and nodded, "up the stairs and first room on the left," he told me. I thanked him and he shut the door again. I grabbed Victoria and we ran up the stairs and listened into every room. We got to the last on the hallway. I could hear quiet sobs of a young girl.

Victoria looked at me with sad eyes, "it's this one," she told me. I nodded and pushed the door open, we entered and I closed it behind us.

Carrie was lying on the floor in a mess of her own dried blood, chains and small puddles of tears. Her hair was matted together and when she looked up at us her eyes were bloodshot.

She raised her eyebrows, "mummy?" She whispered. She seemed to think her eyes were tricking her.

Victoria began crying, "baby," she ran over and hugged her tightly, "don't worry, we're going to get you out of here," she told her and kissed her forehead. 

    I glanced down at the chain attached to Carries right ankle, "how do we get her out of the chain?" I asked Victoria.

   Victoria stared intently at the chain, "you will have to do it," she looked at me with pleading eyes.

   Me? How could I? Whatever strengths I have, Victoria also had.