Pure blood

I woke up to see James had already got up. I yawned, threw the covers off me and jumped out of bed. My hearing had become more sensitive and I could hear everything more clearly. I could hear the difference between James and my heart beat. I followed the sound of his heart to the kitchen where he was making sausage sandwiches.

   "You're finally awake," he said without even turning around.

   I ignored him and sat at the table, I was going to give him the silent treatment for being so moody last night.

   He put a sandwich in front of me before sitting opposite and taking a bite from his own sandwich. His bite showed his over-sized canines, I shuddered at the thought of those sinking into my neck.

   I looked at my sandwich in disgust, "ketchup," I said bluntly.

  He swallowed, "what about ketchup?" He asked stupidly.

   I rolled my eyes, "get me ketchup," I told him.

   He slammed his fist down in anger before calming himself and in one swift motion he was at the cupboard.

  I gasped, "how did you get there so quickly?" I asked him.

   He came back to the table at the same speed, "vampires are fast," he said vaguely. So now I could run at the speed of light and I could hear almost everything, what else could I do?

James began eating his sandwich, "I have to go out today," he said without looking up at me.

I put the ketchup on my sandwich, "where?" I asked. I was trying sound annoyed but it wasn't working.

He still didn't look up at me, "just out. Stop acting like you own me," he told me. He was acting like such a jerk and I had done nothing wrong.

I put my sandwich down, "what's your problem? One minute you're acting like I'm the best thing that's happened to you and now you're acting like you was forced to keep me here!" I shouted at him.

"Shut up," he said still eating his sandwich.

I noticed a glass of water next to him and reached for it but he moved it before I could.

He glared at me, "don't even think about it."

I scowled, "I was only going to drink it!" I lied.

He rolled his eyes at me, "no. You was going to throw it at me," he said calmly. How did he know I was going to do that? I hadn't made it obvious, he moved it before I had even put my arm out.

"How did you know that?" I asked him.

James had finished his sandwich and was putting his plate in the sink, "I can hear your thoughts," he said as if it was something normal.

My eyes widened in shock, "how?" I asked him. If he told me how to do it I could do it too.

He looked at me like I was an idiot, "I use my ears, how else would I hear them?" He said as he walked back over and sat back at the table.

I rolled my eyes, "well can I do it too?" I asked him, I knew I could because I could do everything else he could do.