Chapter 33

*2 years later*

Maddy's POV
I walked upstairs to get Deserae out of her crib I picked her up and walked down the hallway. Deserae is my 6 month year old daughter and she's the cutest thing ever but we never gave her a middle name because we couldn't decide but we made a plan to give her one before she turned one. I walked downstairs to see Grayson and Gabi sitting on the floor playing with toys. Grayson is Jc and Jojo's 1 and a half year old son. Gabi is Jc and Jojo's 7 month year old daughter. We all still live in the same house Jojo,Jc Sam and I but JJ moved out a while back when the babies were born. I was putting Des in her highchair when Savy walked in with Lyric.
"Aunt Maddy guess what!!" Lyric said.
"What sweetie?" I asked.
"Today in kindergarten we made necklaces out of noodles." She told me.
"omg how fun sweet heart!"I said.
Suddenly Kian walked in.
"Aye Maddy, where is Jc?" Kian asked.
"Upstairs with Sam." I said.
"Ok thanks" Kian said.

"Hey wanna take the kids to the park"
Jojo said as she ran downstairs.
"YES!!" Lyric yelled.
"Fine lets go" Savy and I said.
*At the park*
Grayson and Lyric ran around the park together while Savy,Jojo and I sat on the park benches with Gabi and Des in the stroller next to us.
"Guys, I have something to tell y'all," I said with a frown.
"What is it?" Both Savy and Jojo asked.
"Well you know how I had a doctor appointment last weekend?" I said.
"Yeah." They both said confusedly.
"Well" I started as I was trying to hold back tears. "The.. cancer came back."
"But.. that's impossible your healthy and you had a baby and you're... you're healthy." Savy said starting to tear up.
Jojo was just speechless she looked at me with hurt in her eyes.
"They said I have approximately a couple more years." I explained.
"Have you told Sam?" Jojo said finally speaking.
"No but I'm going too," I said.
*Later that night*
I walked into my bed room and saw Sam laying on the bed.
"Hey babe, I just got Des to sleep, hey uh I gotta tell you something." I said.
"Yeah babe?" Sam asked.
I laid next to him and held his hand.
As I was started to talk I suddenly couldn't breath. I felt like something was blocking my airway things got blurry and next thing I new I woke up with an IV in my arm and Sam right next to me holding my hand.
"Sam?" I said softly.
"Yes babe?" Sam asked.
"What happened and where.. where are we?"
"You blacked out babe and we're at the hospital," that's the last thing I remember of that night. I woke up the next morning and I saw Savy standing at my bed with Des.
"Hi dessy!" I said.
Dessy's face lit up when I spoke to her.
I only remember little bits and pieces of everyday. I think it's been two weeks in this hospital but I'm not completely sure.
*Almost 1 month later*

Sam's POV
It's been about a month since Maddy has been in the hospital she gets worse and worse everyday she now has a breathing tube and her hairs all gone again. I just need her to get better it's been a tough month trying to take care of Des on my own I'll never be as good as a parent as she is. I came to visit Maddy and she was standing up that a good sign. The doctor said she's been doing pretty well together and she should be able to go home soon which is a big relief.
••••
It was The night before Maddy got to go home Des and I were laying with Maddy all snuggling together. When suddenly Maddy started to breath heavy and it turned into her not breathing at all I picked Des up and called in a nurse. A nurse came running in and started shouting
"SHE IS CODING CALL DR. BENSEN!"
No one would tell me what was going on. For the rest of the night I walked around the waiting room bouncing Des up and down.
I called Savy,Jojo, Jc, JJ, Kian and Maddy's parents. Everyone was on their way. A couple hours later a doctor came out and told me that she probably would make it and we should all go say our goodbyes. Tears streamed from everybody's faces. I walked in the room and saw Maddy laying there pale and weak looking, but when I looked at her I still saw the girl I first saw the night she came in for New Years. I walked over to Maddy and kissed her I touched my forehead towards hers and spoke to her.
"Maddy I don't know if you can hear me but I don't think I can make it without you, it's not your time and I'm not as good with Des as you are please Maddy I need you Don't let Dessy grow up without her Mom. Without you I'll crash and burn," Maddy lifted her hand up to my cheek and kissed me. She lifted her hand up to Des's cheek and caressed it.
"I love you two so much" she said very softly.
I walked to the other side of the room so Jojo and Savy could have their moments together with Maddy.
Jojo walked up to Maddy and began to cry.
"I love you M and I'm gonna miss you but just remember I'll see you again one day you said you had a couple more years it's not your time yet but I just wanna thank you for always being there for me and-" Jojo couldn't even finish she bursted into tears and walked away.
Next Savy walked up to Maddy and began to cry also.
"Maddy thank you for everything you are my day 1 and I love you so much Mija and thank you for being such an amazing aunt towards Lyric you know she loves you a lot," Savy walked over to Jojo and hugged her. Maddy's family had their time with her so did JJ and Jc then Lyric came in with Kian and Lyric ran over to Maddy and hugged her.
"I love you aunt Maddy and please don't go to heaven yet stay with us I'm gonna miss you If you go but my momma said your gonna be in a safe place where no one can hurt you," Lyric said.
"I love you baby gir-" Maddy began until the line went completely flat and the monitor began to beep.
"NO AUNT MADDY YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO GO YET" Lyric screamed. Lyric grabbed on to Maddy and wouldn't let go.
Kian practically had to drag her out.
Everyone gave Maddy a kiss and walked out the door with tears pouring from their faces. Not one person left with a dry face. At the moment that the monitor began to beep I decided a middle name for Des.
Deserae Madison Pottorff.
•••
And that was the last day I saw my wife, my love, my world, my Maddy, my everything.

Thank you for reading this book it means a lot but I am now over with this story. If you guys want I may make a sequel not sure yet though.