Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I wasn't sure why I fainted again, but I was crazy when I woke up. I was in clothes. Clothes. I was in the shower, naked, and now I'm suddenly in clothes. I swear, I'll kill him if he was the one who changed me.

"You're up," I look to the door and Kaden stood there. "Before you kill me, I wasn't the one who changed you. I got Edna to do so, I hope you don't mind. Doc said you were overwhelmed with feelings and all, and then that's why you fainted. In all honesty, I don't get how you fainted from that. But it doesn't matter, you're okay and I'm glad. Oh, I did happen to find you blacked out in the shower, but don't worry I didn't look if you get what I mean? You managed to pull the shower curtain down so I guess that suited you well." I stared at him, blinking. At least he wasn't a jerk about it. "I think it's time I showed you around, considering this is your new home." He walked up to the bed I was on, which was the same one that I met Edna, and held out his hand. Déja vu or what? I took his hand and he helped me out of bed.

I looked down at my attire, liking that it was comfortable. I was wearing navy blue leggings, which is a first as I only ever owned black, and a red plaid shirt which seemed way too big to even be my size. "How long was I out?"

"Only a couple of hours. Doc said you would wake up in no time. Told me to keep you hydrated and made sure you ate. Before the tour, how about we eat?" He asked, still holding onto my hand. My hand was tingly all over and from what my mother had told me, that's because you're with your mate. Apparently your mate's touches always leaves tingles. It felt weird because it felt as if my hand had pins and needles.

"Okay," I mutter, looking down at my feet. They were covered in pink fluffy socks. My feet felt very warm in them and they were very soft. He led me to the kitchen and again, I felt a sense of déja vu. He pulled out some ingredients and asked what sandwich I'd prefer. "Beef?" I asked, not sure if they'd have it.

"Want lettuce with it?" I smile and nod my head. He tells me to sit down at the counter, so I do. "Mayo?" I nod again and watch him make my food. "Sorry but I can't really cook and a sandwich is basic," he tells me as he hands me my sandwich.

"It's fine. Thank you," I say before digging deep into my sandwich. Delicious. It was just a sandwich but it felt nice having my mate make me something. I don't know why, but it made it all more special? But I couldn't trust him. There was no way I could. First chance I get, I'm leaving. I couldn't risk the chance of getting rejected. If I left, hopefully the bond will eventually severe and then he and I are both free. A severe of the bond is apparently less painful than being rejected, although the severe of the bond is an indication that one ran away. Running away is a type of another rejection, but for some reason it apparently hurt less.

After I finished eating, Kaden handed me a glass of water which I downed within seconds. He stared at me, amused. "Thirsty, huh?" I scowled at him and he chuckled, grabbing my hand. The tingles in my hand erupted again. I could've gotten use to that. "So as you knew, that was the kitchen. This is the dining room," he says, leading me into a huge room. There was a very long table which fit about thirty odd guests. Is his pack small? "My pack don't all eat at the same time, plus most live in their own homes with their families." That explains things. "I sit at the head of the table, and usually my Beta sits at the other end. His mate sits beside him, meaning you'll sit beside me. It's just how things work because if you sat opposite me you'll be very far away and I can't have that." Why? Everyone seems to want to stay as far as they can from me.. He took me to another room which I guessed was the living room, and I was right. It had a huge tv with multiple game consoles. There was multiple couches too. Basically, the living room was huge.

He led me outside which was a back garden where most of the kids played. It was a big and spacious garden. Most of the kids who were playing outside looked at us. They waved to Kaden, in which he waved back. Something told me that nothing in this house was small. Everything seemed to indicate that this was a mansion. He showed me a bathroom too, which wasn't huge but wasn't small. We headed up onto the first floor which had many bedrooms which held the children's and teenagers' bedrooms and two bathrooms. None of the rooms had a built in bathroom, unlike the huge room I stayed in. The first floor also had a playroom for the kids. The second floor was where the adults' rooms were. Their rooms had built in bathrooms. Well, a couple. Not all of them did. There was also two bathrooms on this floor too.

We reached the third floor. "Now this? This is all ours, and that's our room," he says, as we walk into the room. I recognise it as the one I've been ending up in. Woah. I've been staying in his bed. "Do you like it?"

"It's beautiful," I say, not being able to lie. The room was truly beautiful, and definitely magnificent. Too bad I'm leaving.

"If you're not comfortable, we don't have to stay in the same bed. I can sleep on the couch," he suggests, pointing to it. "Oh! My office is also on this floor too. No one is allowed on this floor unless it's you or I, and unless they have permission from you or I. Alright?"

"Okay, but why?"

"This is our private floor. Always been like that I suppose. Oh, there's also somewhere else I have to show you." He opens the door and I walk out, waiting for him so I could follow him. He led us downstairs and en to the basement. "This is the basement and it's where we keep prisoners." We got to a steel door which had a number pad. "Strictly speaking, you're allowed in here but o don't want you in here. These prisoners are vicious, and I don't want you getting hurt. So, I won't be telling you the code."

"Oh," I didn't know why, but I felt slightly upset.

"Don't look upset," he says, lifting up my chin. "You're fragile, and you need protecting. I'm just protecting you from the monsters in there."

"But aren't we monsters too?"

"Yes, but they're the monstrous of the monsters," he replies with, turning me around by my shoulders and placing a hand on my back. "Now come on, let's go." He pushes me slightly with his hand, making me move up the stairs. He then locks the basement and smiles to me. "Now, care to tell me about yourself, love?"

Yikes, not really.