Chapter 15

Chapter 15

He was tortured. Kaden made sure of that. Kaden was furious at how my dad had treated me and wanted revenge on him. It was silly. I should've been the one wanting revenge, but it was Kaden more than I. I was kept well away from the torturing chamber because Kaden didn't want me scarred by the sounds of anything.

Kaden came back, looking worn out. Carla had kept me company and then rushed away when he stormed in the room looking pissed off and worn out. "Baby, hug me," he muttered out, running his hands through his hair. I jumped up from the bed and brought him into a hug. His tense body immediately relaxes in my hold and I smile, glad I had some sort of effect on his.

"Are you okay?" I ask, finally breaking the silence.

"I can't stand him saying awful things about you. It makes me so mad," he growls out, frightening and shocking me a little. "I'm sorry," he quickly says. He pulls back and smiles down at me. "He's got you all wrong, you know that? Instead of judging and blaming you, he should've loved and cared for you."

"It's fine, I'm over it. I'm with you now, and you won't hurt me."

"We need to talk."

"About?"

"The scars." My face paled at the mention of them. I really don't want to talk about it, but I know that I'll have to at some point. But now? Really?

"There's nothing to say," I deadpan, staring off into space.

"Love-"

"I don't want to talk about it," I snap, glaring at him.

"Alright, sorry." He goes to hug me again but I walk away instead, going downstairs to try and find Carla.

"Luna, Luna!" I turn around to a frantic looking mother with her child in her arms.

"Um, yes?" I recognised her as Lucia, one of the pack members who came to visit me. Matthew was in her arms, hiding his face. "Is everything okay?"

"I need your help, please can you look after Matthew? I'm begging you, I don't want him seeing his father the way Beta Marco described." I frowned hoping that her mate, Francis if I remember correctly, was okay. I nodded my head and told her of course I'd look after him. She handed Matthew over to me and he held onto me for dear life. "Thank you ever so much, Luna!" She then raced off, almost tripping over in the process.

"Looks like it's just you and me, huh buddy?" He nodded his head and a grin spread onto his face.

"Nov- What are you doing with Matthew?" Kaden asked, eyeing the both of us weirdly.

"Lucia has to go see Francis," I told him and he still looked so me weirdly. "Ask Marco," I finally say and walk away from him with Matthew in my arms. We reach the kitchen and I place him on the countertop. "What do you wanna do?" I ask him.

"Hide and seek!" I nervously laugh, knowing that this wasn't going to end very well considering I was practically an adult and wouldn't be able to hide as easily.

"Alright then," I laugh out. He grins and then asks if I wanted to play. I was confused since I said alright, but then I turn around and realise he was talking to Kaden. A smirk is plastered on his face and he accepts the offer to play. Great.

"You count!" Matthew says pointing to me. I help him off of the countertop and he runs off. Kaden swiftly walks away too and I start counting to thirty very slowly. After counting, I make my way to the living room. I figured one of them would possibly be in here. I searched everywhere - behind the couch, tv, curtains - and I couldn't find either of them. I looked around more before deciding to head upstairs. I decide to go to the very top of the pack house and into Kaden's office. I heard some shuffling and peeped behind the desk.

"Found you, Matthew," I grin out and he pouts. He gets out of his hiding spot and then takes my hand in his, walking slightly ahead.

"Have you found Alpha?" I shook my head but guided Matthew into Kaden and I's room. I let go of Matthew's hand and go in search of Kaden. I knew he was in here, I could smell his scent actually.

But I looked everywhere, and he wasn't anywhere. Maybe he's tricking us into thinking he's here but his scent is just lingering.. I head out of the room and downstairs, Matthew following behind. I make my way into the kitchen since that's where his scent was the strongest. I know I shouldn't use my sense of smell, but who cares? In a not-so-secretive hiding space, I find Kaden. It wasn't so secretive because he was busy raiding the cupboards out in the open. "It seems to me that you don't understand the concept of hide and seek." He rolls his eyes at me. Matthew exclaims that it was his go to count and so Kaden and I made our way out of the kitchen. Not going to lie, I wasn't sure how well a two year old would do at this game. I mean, I wasn't even sure if he could count to thirty.. Well, he'd probably count to ten maybe. No one actually said how long to count.. I was about to head into the living room to hide until Kaden picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. "Kaden," I growled out. He said nothing in reply and carried on walking up the flight of stairs.

"Are you two alright?" I heard Edna ask and Kaden replied with a yes and explained briefly how we were playing hide and seek with Matthew. She nodded and left us to it.

I noticed we were now in our room, but Kaden didn't stop or put me down. I sighed, wanting to hide on my own and be away from him for a bit. I was still a bit frustrated that he decided now, well not currently now but earlier now, to bring up the topic of my scars. I mean come on, I hid them from him and suddenly they were exposed to him. I'm not going to want to suddenly be all open about it.

I was then put down on top of Kaden...in a bathtub. Kaden shut the shower curtains and wrapped his arms around me. "What do you think you're doing?" I hiss, trying to pry his arms off of me. But, they were firmly around me and he showed no sign of budging them. Dick.

"Hiding, what does it look like?"

"Why bring me? I can hide on my own, thank you very much."

"We needed to talk, so I thought this was a good way. I mean, love, I really am sorry. I shouldn't have brought up that subject so soon. But insensitive of me, I suppose. I'm sorry," he breathes out and I sigh, knowing I already forgave him. I didn't want to, but maybe I did overreact. Either way, he seemed genuine with his apology and I couldn't find it in my heart to be mad at him. Although..

"Really now?"

"Yes. Do you forgive me?"

"I don't know," I say, trying to hide my grin.

"I'll do anything for you to forgive me, please love," he pleads and I could tell he was probably giving me some puppy dog eyes.

"We'll see."

"What can I do for you to forgive me?"

"Well, maybe a back rub would be good."

"I can give you more than just a back rub," he replies with, whispering in my ear. Yikes, he was horny.

"You can, can you?"

"Definitely," he growls into my ear. Hot damn.

"A foot rub too?" I could tell he was confused because he didn't say anything and I grinned in triumph.

"What?" he finally came out with.

"You said more than a back rub. A foot rub is more than-"

"I meant something different."

I giggle and turn around a little. "I know," I kiss his cheek making him go red slightly. He was about to say something but I quietened him when I heard little footsteps. I heard crying. Crying. I quickly got out of the bathtub and found Matthew crying his eyes out. I knelt down in front of him. "What's wrong? What happened? Are you okay?" I felt Kaden's presence behind me and he knelt down too.

"I got scared! I couldn't find you," he cried out and I pulled him into a hug.

Maybe hide and seek was not such a good idea..