Epilogue

Epilogue

"Da-doo!" Kaden grinned and picked Joshua up. It was funny because Joshua called Kaden "da-doo" rather than "daddy" or anything else. It was cute though. Kaden had just come home from, well, fighting some nasty rogues. Rogues weren't attacking us often but we had our fair share of attacks. Just last week there was a huge attack where they joined up and sort of formed a pack, ironically.

"Where's your mummy? Hm?" I was obviously standing right there but Kaden played it off like I wasn't. It was something we always did. He'd ask Joshua where I was and Joshua would point towards me, then Kaden would bring me into a hug where all three of us hugged together. It was cute and sweet, and I loved it. Kaden also let his hands wander too but I don't mind. I mean, Joshua doesn't know about anything Kaden and I do so it's okay.

Yesterday Kaden and I were spending some time in our room when we thought Joshua was sleeping. We also thought we shut our bedroom door. We were clearly wrong when we suddenly saw Joshua's small head by the bedside. He was trying to get on to the bed whilst we were engaging in our activity. I was completely mortified.

"Mummy!" Joshua exclaimed, pointing at me. Kaden gasps and walks over to me, pulling me in for a hug and kissing my lips. Joshua joined in and gave me a huge kiss on my cheek. It was a very slobbery one too.. Eugh. Kaden starts to laugh as I wipe my face.

"Stop laughing," I mumble but I couldn't stop the small smile forming on my face. I did have to admit, it was pretty funny. "Okay, okay, it was funny," I quietly admit.

"Lemme give you a slobbery kiss," he says to me, leaning closer towards me. Before he was about to kiss me, I put my hand in front of my face and he gives a slobbery kiss to my hand. Well, like father like son. "Aw, don't you want me to kiss you?"

"Not slobbery, no." He rolls his eyes and puckers up again, this time giving me a kiss that definitely wasn't slobbery. Our kiss was broken apart by Joshua who wanted some attention. "You know, I can't believe he's already one," I say as I take Joshua from Kaden. I give him a few kisses all over his sweet, adorable face. "Aw, I love you."

"Wuv mummy!" Kaden chuckled at Joshua and gave me another kiss. I then placed Joshua down where he was then surrounded with his toys. He picked up a few and started playing with them whilst Kaden and I spoke.

"We should have more kids," Kaden says.

"I don't know, I mean Joshua can be a bit of a handful sometimes. Kinda wanna wait until he's a bit older, if that's okay with you?"

"You know I can wait. I'll do anything for you, even if that's waiting." He's honestly so sweet, I really love him. "That just means we can have as much fun without the consequences of a baby. Kind of. Although I don't like using a-"

"I know, I know. Don't worry, you don't have to," I tell him, patting his chest. Before I could take my hand away, he held onto my wrist. With his free hand, he took hold of my other wrist and brought it up to his chest until both hands were resting on his chest. "What're you doing?" I ask him, my voice coming out in a whisper when he starts leaning closer. Obviously he's going to kiss you, Ariella says.

"I love you," he replied, placing his lips on mine. In an instant, they were gone and he dropped to one knee. "I wanted to make this so romantic but I couldn't really think. All I wanted to do was just, do it. This is cheesy as hell but I love you and I want to marry the hell out of you. I'd marry you a million times over if I could. I mean, I even got you a ring," he mumbles, turning around and fumbling through his pocket. The velvet or leather case fell out of his grip. He cursed and I giggled.