Chapter 24

Sup, first fan art I've received ^-^ thank you BookwormFox it is amazing :)

Chapter 24

Kaden wasn't happy that I was going to be an insider or anything, but it wasn't like it was my idea. That's the funny thing, it was Kaden's idea. He suggested it, yet he hates it. He's confusing, honestly. "Call him," Kaden tells me, handing me a phone. "Tell him you want to come over. Hopefully he says yes, comes and gets you, and then you guys gotta talk. Try and steer the conversation towards Matthew. Got it?"

"Wait, you want me to go over to his vampire land place thing house?"

"Great description, love," he says with a chuckle.

"Shut up."

"Never," he kisses my lips making me grin. "But yes, you do have to go over."

"But he's so boring!" I exclaim.

"Bring a deck of cards if you must! We've got to know what he's planning with Matthew."

"Ugh, fine. But if I die of boredom, that's all on you!" I quickly walk off and try to call Lucien. Luckily, he had given me his number at some point during our encounters. "Hello?"

"Nova, what a surprise."

"Mhm, can I come over? I feel like we should spend more time together, get to know each other, you know? Would be good for us as siblings," I suggest, crossing my fingers in the hopes he would say yes. I heard him humming on the other line, probably debating it.

"Is Kaden okay with it?"

"No, but he'll do anything for me so I can make him say yes. How about it then?" I hear him sigh on the other line.

"Go on then, I'll be there to get you in five minutes. Enough time to convince him?"

"Should be, see you soon! Oh, I'll meet you outside, yeah?"

"Sure thing, Nova. See you." He cut the call and I skipped towards Kaden.

"Well, I guess you don't need any convincing, do you?"

"Hm, maybe. How would you have convinced me?" Good question. I smirked and put my arms around his neck.

"Oh, I don't know." I then went on my tiptoes, our lips inches away from touching. "Maybe, just maybe, I would try by at least kissing you? Seems like a good start to me," I whisper. He growled lowly. Woah he likes this. He leans down, closing the gap and smashing his lips onto mine. I pull back. "Are you convinced?" I smirk.

"Well, now I don't really want you to go. Would be nice to make out a bit, you know?" I giggle as he nuzzles his head into my neck.

"Daddy!" I hear Kaden's muffled groans before he lifts his head up and looks to Matthew. "I hungry!"

"Alright, I'll make you food. But you gotta say bye to mummy, she's going out," he tells Matthew.

"Bye mummy!" I bend down and give him a hug, as well as a kiss on the cheek. Even though we only decided not long ago to adopt him, we quickly warmed up to the idea of Matthew calling us mummy and daddy. He was already like our own child in such a short span of time. I guess you could say that we have grown to love him.

I make my way upstairs to get a deck of cards and then I head outside, Lucien already standing there. "Is the kid not coming with?"

"Of course not, it's just sibling time!" I grab hold of his arm as he shrugs, then doing his whole disappearing act thing. I should really ask what it's called, but that was the least of my worries right now. "So, I managed to bring a deck of cards! Now, I'm going to teach you some card games, alright?"

"I suppose it won't hurt to try something new," he mutters, sighing. I grin and he leads us to a table. I start shuffling the cards and then dealing them between the two of us. "What are we playing?"

"Well, it's called Slam and I'll teach you how to play it!" So, I teach him how to play and hope that I explained thoroughly how to play. When we start properly playing, I realise that I had either explained it really well or he already knew how to play it. "You're really good," I exclaim.

"I should hope so, I always played this as a kid."

"Then why did you let me teach you if you already knew?"

"You seemed happy and content with explaining it, I didn't wanna take that away," he mumbled as we set up the game again.

"Oh." Well isn't that...sweet? We carry on playing a few more games before I teach him how to play Snap. It was crazy, he had honestly never heard of Snap! It was one of the most simplest of games, and I was so shocked. We continue playing for a while before deciding to have some lunch and chat. Time to find the information, I guess. "Can I just ask, what's so special about Matthew?"

"He's not like us. He's not a werewolf and neither is he a vampire. He's psychic, as you can probably tell. He's the last living and I'm guessing his real parents were killed, not those ones that probably adopted him. He's the last living, and he must die." Die?

"Die? Why? He's a child, what could he possibly do?"

"Whoever has him, they possess a great power. People would kill to have his power. It's said that if you were to take his blood and drain him, he will die and you will possess the power he has." What the hell? This is too crazy.

"So, you want his blood? To possess his power?"

"Of course. I will be completely powerful."

"Oh." I didn't know what to say, I was gobsmacked. "What about his parents? How is he the last if his parents and others were probably killed?"

"Because they were not killed in the right way. Their blood was not taken or anything. Or, they killed themselves before they could have been killed."

"Oh, woah. That's intense." He hummed in reply. "Oh hey, Kaden wants me back, it was one of the deals we had. He said he would let me go but wouldn't allow me to stay for a long time." Lucien scared me now. He wanted power.. Was he power hungry?

"I was having fun, but I guess I ought to not get on his bad side."

"Thanks for having me." He teleports me back, or whatever it is, and then disappears himself. I run to our room, hoping to find Kaden. "K-Kaden?" I call. I was still quite scared. He wanted to kill Matthew.

"Love? Are you okay?" He brought me into a hug as my emotions got the best of me. The thought of Matthew being killed by Lucien terrified me and made me upset. Matthew was just a child, he didn't deserve any of that. Especially not death. "Shh, don't cry. What happened?"

"Mummy, what happened?" Matthew came running up to me and hugged my legs.

"Nothing for you to worry about," I told him. I looked back at Kaden. "We have a huge problem," I tell him, "a huge one."

"My di-"

"No!" What the hell? Why is he thinking that?

"Oh, my bad. Oops." He looks down and I notice his huge problem. Oh.

Well then.