Chapter 36

Chapter 36

"You can't just walk away from me, love," Kaden said to me, catching up to me and grabbing hold of my hand. This stopped me and I turned to him.

"What do you want?" I ask, my voice coming out in a whisper.

"I want to love you, and I do love you. I just want to make things better for you and between us. I'm sorry I haven't been helping. I just felt really down about it all. Joshua clearly loves you so much and he doesn't seem to care that I'm around. I thought it was best that I stayed away," he admitted. My heart broke at his words. He thought our son didn't love him.. "And you, you aren't broken. You're far from it. You're so strong and I love you. You know, you may laugh at this but you're honestly my rock." He was right, I did laugh at it. Me? His rock? As if. He's a joker, he really is. I stopped my laughter and looked at him seriously.

"Joshua does love you. How can he not? You just need to not stay away. You need to be with him. Nightly feeds, maybe you could help with that too. Kaden, it takes time. He's only a couple of months old. You can't just give up like that. He's your son and you need to be there for him," I tell him, placing my hands on his cheeks and cupping his face. "I love you," I say before bringing my lips to his. He pulls back and we rest our foreheads against each other.

"Why do you feel as if you're broken?" he asks, looking down at me with sad eyes.

"I.. I don't know," I admit. I didn't like this feeling and I couldn't shake it off. "I'm worthless, Kaden. You deserve so much better."

"I only want you. You are mine and I love you. You are not worthless and as far as I'm concerned, you are the one who deserves better." I shook my head. He was amazing and I don't know why or how I was paired with him. He deserved someone more prettier, more stable, more better than me. Yet, he stays with me. I know if it weren't for us being mates, he would not want to know me. Hell, I should have been dead the minute I stepped on his pack land but since we were mates, I suppose he couldn't bring himself to kill me. "We have a son together, don't you ever think that we don't belong together. I'm telling you this because it's true; we do belong together." He cups my face like I had done to his moments ago. "You're my world and nothing will change that." He presses his lips to mine and we share a passionate kiss. Whenever he kissed me, I felt safe. It was also the way he held me.. It was as if he doesn't want to let me go. "Now come on, let's go get our son. I think it's time I stepped up."

He takes my hand in his and we walk to the pack house together. When we enter, I hear a baby crying and I know instantly that that is Joshua. Edna soon walks out with Joshua crying in her arms. "My oh my, he really is a fussy baby." She spots Kaden and walks up to him, slapping him on the face. "Stop upsetting Nova, she is a wonderful girl and does not deserve to cry over you." Kaden looked at me with guilt in his eyes. "Here, you need to spend more time with his young one. It is not right for you to leave him all up to Nova. Babies are hard work, you need both parents with both hands on deck. Now, Nova and I are going and you are taking care of your son!" Without waiting for anyone's response, she takes my arms and leads me out of the pack house.

"Where are we going?"

"I want to buy my little grandson some clothes and I obviously need your approval since you're his mum, so come on!" We get inside her car and she drives into town. Whilst in town, we went to quite a few shops where she bought quite a few items of clothing for Joshua. She also bought some toys for him. "I have to ask you something," she says. I tell her to ask away as we were looking at more clothes. "Joshua Matthew Clark. His middle name is after Matthew, the little kid you guys almost adopted, right?"

"Yes, it certainly is." Mathew was a huge part of our lives even if he was only it our lives for a little time. He was genuinely like a son to us and he will never be forgotten but we thought it would have been nice to have Joshua's middle name after Matthew. He would have been, in a way, Joshua's big brother.

"That's sweet, I like it. Little Matthew was a good kid, always bubbly when he could be. It was a shame when he lost two sets of parents and then sacrificed himself. He was smart for a two-year-old. I would never have expected that to have happened."

"Maybe he knew more than we actually thought he did. Or maybe he had other powers, someone telling him what to do. We will never know but all I can say is, his death was caused by the vampires and we will forever hate them." Edna agreed with me and we them carried on shopping. After spending a good few hours shopping, we headed back. She dropped me off at mine and Kaden's since she said he would have most likely gone home. She gave me all the bags and then drove back to the pack house. I walk in and walk towards the living room. No one was here so I dropped the bags and went upstairs where I could smell Kaden's scent. I could also hear his voice.

His voice was coming from the bedroom and so I made my way there. I peeped through the door and my heart melted at the cutest sight ever. Kaden was sitting against the headboard with his legs spread. Sitting up and between his legs was Joshua. They were facing each other and holding hands. It was adorable and I wanted to cry with happiness at the sight. And he thought Joshua didn't love him. Joshua was giggling away and I noticed that soft music was playing in the background.

"You can come join us, you know?" Kaden says, finally looking up. I walk into the room just as Joshua falls backwards into his back. Instead of crying, he was still giggling away. Kaden tells me to sit between his legs, so I carefully do and make sure I don't hurt Joshua. His little feet were kicking in the air and I almost died at how cute he was being. "He does love me," I mean Kaden whisper to me.

"Of course he does, you're his father." I then lean forward and pick him up, bringing him closer to Kaden and I. He kept clapping his hands and smiling at us. Oh, I sure hope he doesn't grow up too fast.