Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A few days passed by and I could tell Kaden was getting impatient about introducing me to the pack. He wanted to do it so badly, but I wasn't ready. In fact, I don't think I'll ever be ready. I was scared. I didn't want another whole pack to bully me again, I couldn't go through with it. Sure, I'd met a few people and they seemed nice. But, I just wasn't ready.

"Today, love," he suddenly said, interrupting me from my book. I look up from my book, staring at him confused. "I have to introduce you today."

"What? Why?"

"I know you don't want to, but we have to. It's almost a full moon and apparently we have to do the ceremony before the full moon. It's to accept you into the pack too," he explains, "so we have to do it today. I've already told the pack. It's going to be in a few hours." I sigh, closing my book. He came and sat beside me, taking my hands in his. "I know you don't want to do this, but it's best to get it over and done with. Okay? That way, you won't have to worry about it."

"Alright, I'll do it then," I reluctantly reply.

"Good!" He kisses my knuckles and gets up, walking towards the door. "It's in a few hours, so dress presentable. We have an image to uphold," he tells me whilst smiling. "I'll be back later, I have some...business to deal with." Business? What sort of business? Oh no! He knows, doesn't he? Throwing that thought in the back of my mind, I go to my wardrobe to find something presentable. I looked through evening dresses, figuring that would make me look good. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want me to wear jeans and a hoodie as that doesn't entirely give a good image. I looked through the evening dresses, thankful I'd bought mostly long dresses. I couldn't risk any scars showing. They were mainly on my thighs, so I could get away with a knee length dress I suppose.

After looking through all of my dresses, I had picked out two. One was a floor length, light pink, off the shoulder dress. Edna told me that I'd look good in it. Actually, she said that about most of them. She told me that as Kaden is an Alpha and I'm a Luna, we would apparently be going to a lot of elegant balls and parties. That's why she made sure I had stocked up on all these beautiful dresses. The other dress was a knee length one, and was a mint green.

I took the dresses and folded them over my arms, heading to Kaden's office. I knocked on it, but there was no answer. So, I walked straight in. I was confused at what I saw. Kaden wasn't even in here. He said he had work to do, yet he wasn't here. I frowned. I walked out, shutting the door behind me and went to walk down the stairs. As I was walking down them, Kaden was walking up. "I thought you said you had business to deal with?" I asked.

"I did, just not in my office. Anyway, what can I help you with?" He asks as he eyes up the folded dresses on my arms. We walked back up the stairs together and into his office. He sat down on his chair, and told me to come closer to him. As I did, he pulled me onto his lap and wrapped his arms around my middle. "So you spent ages looking for a dress to wear and now you've got two dresses, what's the problem?"

"Stupid," I mutter, "I don't know which to pick," I mumble.

"Did you call me stupid?" He asks, a playful tone in his voice.

"No. But what are you going to wear? Do I have to really dress up majorly or-"

"I shall be wearing a suit. Now, I know it's weird to be dressing so formal just for this welcoming ceremony.. But my family, generations and generations ago, all dressed up posh and like royalty. Apparently it's a tradition, to look more like royalty. You see, we are like the King and Queen of this pack, so we must act like royalty. Now, we have to dress up and everything. You know? Other packs aren't like this, but the way my family has run it, this is how it's been for us and the pack respect it. They quite like it actually, oddly enough. It's just tradition, and they respect it. Mind you, if they disobeyed us anyway they'd be exiled or executed," he says, as if it were no big deal. "So, these dresses...let me see them." I stand up, putting the pink on his desk for the time being. I unfold the mint green one, holding it up to my body. He inspects it, nodding his head. "Next?" I hold up the pink one and his eyes light up. "That one, it's beautiful. Especially on you. Well, the green is too but this one. Plus, it reminds me of cotton candy," he says, love in his eyes. I could bribe him with cotton candy any time I want, amazing. "Not just that, it's more Queen-like in a way. I think? But yeah, go with that one."

"Thank you!" I surprise him, and even myself, by kissing his cheek. I then run out of his office, my cheeks flaming with red. I run into the room, put the mint green dress away, and put the pink one on the bed. I run myself a quick shower, making sure I washed my hair. I hadn't done so in a few days, and it was getting greasy and I didn't like it. I used this apple shampoo which made my hair smell of apples and I loved it. I dried myself off and headed into the bedroom with the towel wrapped around myself. I'd stupidly forgotten some undergarments. I think my mind was focused on how I kissed his cheek unexpectedly. I got my undergarments and ran back into the bathroom, putting them on in there. I mean, I don't want him walking in while I'm barely dressed.

After that, I put on a dressing gown that I'd bought. Well, Edna bought. Well....Kaden bought, I suppose. It was his money, so I guess he bought it. I wandered out the bathroom and walked out the room. Edna had told me to stop by whenever if I needed anything. I didn't have a curler or anything, so maybe she might have? She showed me her room, so I made my way there. Once I got there, I knocked on the door to which she opened with a smile on her face.

"Oh hello, Luna. Is everything okay?"

"I was wondering if you, uh, had a curling iron or something? It's for tonight, I was thinking of curling my hair."

"Of course, Luna. Bare with." She ran back in her room, leaving the door opened, and then soon came back. "Return it whenever. I hardly use it anyway."

"Thank you so much, Edna. I'll bring it back once I'm done, I promise."

"Alright, thank you." I walk off as she shuts the door, heading back up to the room. I quickly curl my hair into soft curls and once I was finished, I let it cool down. As it cooled, I got myself dressed. As I was trying to zip up my dress, Kaden walked in.

"Sorry," he says  turning away.

"I'm fully dressed," I laugh out, looking at him weirdly, "but I wouldn't mind some help?" He walks up behind me and zips up my dress. As he did, his fingers brushed my skin which sent sparks all over my skin.

"Uh, I'll just get dressed in my off-"

"You can dress here, I'm done. Oh, do I have to wear shoes? I can't walk in heels."

"No, but wear socks at least," he says, "the floor is usually cold." I quickly grab some socks and throw them on, then head out to his office. I'm sure he won't mind. I sit in his chair, and damn is it comfy. After about ten minutes, he comes into the office with his tie and collar all messed up. I start to laugh at how cute he looked. Cute? "Please can you help me?" He asks, looking like a helpless child. I stand up, walking to him. First, I fix his tie. I learnt how to tie a tie by myself when I went to school. When we were young, we started wearing ties. Just before I got kicked out of my pack, I didn't have to wear any anymore. I then fix his collar.

"There we go. You look..really great and handsome," I tell him, noticing how he even styled his hair. How did he do all that in ten minutes? Ugh.

"Thank you. You look absolutely beautiful, just as I thought." My cheeks burn red, so I push pass him, realising I forgot some jewellery. I rush into the room, pulling open a draw pull of jewellery Edna had bought me unexpectedly. I put some on quickly, and then put a silvery flower clip in my hair.

"Ready?" He asks. I nod my head. "I mind linked Marco, he says they're all ready." He puts his arm in a D sort of shape, indicating he wanted me to link my arm with his. I do and we head downstairs for the ceremony.