Chapter 26

Chapter 26

THIRD POV

Lucien paced around in his room, his right hand running over his chin over and over again. "King Lucien-"

"What did I say? I said no interruptions." Suddenly, Lucien was in front of the poor vampire who had just interrupted him. Brad, the young vampire, was terrified out of his wits.

"I-"

"Silence!" Lucien snarled out. His hand went up to Brad's neck and he enclosed it around his neck. Brad's eyes seemed to be bulging out of his eye sockets. Every few seconds, his grip on Brad's neck would gradually get tighter and tighter. "When I say no interruptions, I mean it. Now, what happens to people who disobey my demands?" Brad tried to gulp, but it was near to impossible to do so.

By now, his grip was so tight that Brad couldn't breathe. He clawed at Lucien's hand but it wasn't any use. Lucien, with his super strength, lifted Brad up into the air. Brad's legs were dangling in the air whilst he continued to claw at Lucien's hands. Brad was starting to lose consciousness, his actions becoming slowed.

Lucien let go of him, Brad falling to the ground and trying to suck in as much air as he could. Lucien then bent down to his height and smirked. He grabbed Brad by the collar of his shirt and brought his face close to himself. His fangs elongated and he plunged them into Brad's neck. Brad yelled out from the pain. Lucien sucked on his neck, taking in as much of his blood as he could. Once again, Brad was losing consciousness.

"Oh, Brad," Lucien spoke after retracting his fangs, "not liking the consequences are you now?" Brad couldn't answer since his eyes were closed. He was practically dead. "I don't need you," he spoke, sucking the rest of the blood out of Brad. "Worthless scum," he spat after he stood up, towering over Brad's dead body.

"Lu-Lu?" Lucien turned around to find Serena, a little orphan girl he had found.

"Serena, what are you doing here?" he asked, picking her up and making sure she didn't Brad's dead body.

"I want to play!" Serena was three and her eyes were as red as blood. She, as well as Lucien, was a vampire. She grinned at him, her tiny fangs showing.

"What do you want to play?" he asks her as she plays with his hair. He had a soft spot for her, but who wouldn't? She was very loveable.

"With you!" He laughed at her response and kissed her forehead. "What funny?"

"Don't you worry, Serena." As they walked down the hall, he saw another servant of his. "You, go into my room and clean up the mess. You'll know it when you see it." The serving nodded his head and hurried to Lucien's room.

"Baby, there you are," Rosie called. Rosie was Lucien's wife who was pregnant with their first baby.

"Are you okay? Is the baby okay?" She smiled at his reply.

"Little one is doing great. I was just looking for you," she spoke. As she neared him, she went on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek. "Hey there, little one," she said, pinching Serena's cheeks resulted in giggling from Serena.

"Hi!" she giggled out. Rosie's eyes held a certain look which indicated to Lucien that they needed to talk.

"Serena, will you go and wait in the kitchen for me?" Serena nodded her head and ran off once he placed her on the ground. Lucien placed his hand on the small of her back, guiding her to his office since their bedroom was pretty occupied with a dead body. "What's going on?" he asks her.

"I've heard that you've been pretending to be someone's sister? What's her name?"

"Nova Wolfe?" She nodded her head in response. "Yes, her. I have."

"Why? I don't get it," she asked, tilting her head in confusion. "Isn't she the mate of that Kaden guy? Your childhood friend?"

"Yes, him, and they've got something I need so I figured I needed to cosy up to her." She shook her head. "Kaden doesn't suspect a thing either."

"I don't think that's the way, baby."

"I know, but it's the easiest I can think of. She easily bought it though, thankfully she didn't know much about her father or anything. Oh, and her father bought it too. Stupid mutts," he snarled out. "Keeping me from ultimate power."

"Lucien, I-" Rosie stopped mid sentence, crying out in pain. Her hand immediately went to her tummy and she crouched over slightly.

"Crap, are you okay? Sweetheart, what's wrong?" She kept crying out in pain and Lucien didn't know what to do. "Rosie, babe, come on. Breathe okay? Can you do that?" She didn't reply as she was feeling faint. Lucien was close to panicking, but he thought quickly. He picked her up bridal style and ran around the house shouting for help. He ran towards the medical ward, placing her down onto a bed just as the doctor walked in. By then, she was unconscious. "Come on Rosie, everything will be okay."

"She's, surprisingly, gone into early labour," the doctor spoke.

"Will she be okay?" he panicked. The doctor nodded his head, calling in all sorts of nurses and help.

"We're going to have to get the baby out immediately, meaning a C-Section." Suddenly, a bunch of nurses came in and Lucien was pushed out of the room despite his protests.

After what seemed like years to him, he was eventually able to see Rosie. As he walked into the room, the doctor told how she was now sleeping rather than unconscious. He also handed the baby to Lucien. "Woah," he breathed out, "she's..perfect."

"Did you two discuss any names?" Lucien was asked.

"Rosie wanted to name her Lucie, which is sort of a mash up of our names together," he explained. "But I want to wait until she's awake." Lucien sat at the edge of the bed, his daughter in his arms. She was asleep after crying for a while, as Lucien was told. He kissed her forehead and placed her back into the cot. "Why did she go into labour so quick?"

"We aren't quite sure exactly, but your wife and daughter are perfectly healthy. Congratulations," the doctor said. Everyone pretty much feared Lucien, but the doctor hadn't. He was the one who brought Lucien into the world when he was born and was always a very close family friend. Lucien never showed him a reason to be terrified of him.

"Thank you." Lucien looked to Rosie as the doctor left. He cupped her cheek as she slept. "I love you, my Queen," he said, placing a chaste kiss on her forehead.

***

So, hi again for like the third time today. Hope you're not too annoyed to see me popping up in your notifications again xD but yeah, here we are again but with a chapter this time!

I figured I'd so a little insight into Lucien's life. So what did you think of that, hm? Looks like Lucien has been a bad boy lying to Nova. But wow, he's a daddy now! What do you think of that? Haha, hope you enjoyed this chapter lol