Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Kaden's POV

"We are not negotiating this," I growled out to that pesky vampire that I use to call best friend. "He is a child and I am not letting you take his life! He is two and has so much life ahead of him! He is ours, and you are not having him." Lucien stared at me, and then laughed. Bloody bloodsucking vampire.

"I will get him, with or without magic." What the hell?

"What on earth are you on about?" I snarled.

"Magic, how else do you think I do my disappearing act?" So he relies on magic, huh? "I suppose it is war, Kaden," he spoke. "It's a shame, our friendship is going down the drain even more."

"You're not getting the kid," I told him.

Lucien looked to the gang of vampires behind him. He looked to me and smirked. "What are you waiting for, boys? Get them." Just like that they all swarmed to attack us. Luckily, my pack were ready and we all shifted.

I headed straight for Lucien. He was my target. I would be the one to kill him no matter what. He's caused a lot and I know for a fact I am not happy he wants to kill Matthew. In a short space of time, I've become very fond of the little guy. I wouldn't know if I would say I love him, but I care for him very deeply and he is like a child to me. Someone threatens to take his life to benefit themselves? I will annihilate them, not matter who they are. He was Nova's half-brother but as far as I knew, they hadn't really hit it off. I'm sure she won't mind me killing this son of a bi-

"Come at me, Kaden. Go on, you know you want to," Lucien taunted. I narrowed my eyes at him and lunged for him. I had easily pinned him to the ground and growled in his face. I didn't really care if I had got spit or goober on his face. I didn't give two craps. "Aw, Kaden, baby." No one calls me that other than Nova. I started clawing at him which he knew it made me angry. "You know I like it rough, don't you? Unfortunately, I have a wife and child now so..." He stopped, probably realising he had just revealed a secret to me which he wasn't suppose to. He told us he wasn't married or had anyone. Lying bast-

Lucien managed to push me off of him and went for my neck. Psh. But before I could get to him or he to me, I was tackled by a few other vampires. Lucien waved goodbye to me and headed to the house. With anger fuelling me I managed to fling off the stupid vampires and snap their necks, killing them. I sprinted to the house where Lucien had managed to get in.

I checked on my pack before heading in, realising there was a huge bloodshed on my pack land. It was mainly vampires, which I was thankful for. I noticed a few of my men though. Their families. Lucien caused this. I ran into the house and up to the bedroom where I'd left Nova and Matthew. I hope they're okay.

I burst open the door, not caring if I had broken it - which I had. I looked around and growled under my breath when I didn't find them both. I could've mind-linked her, but I didn't want to distract her. I ran around the house looking for them and trying to find her scent. It led me to the kitchen and eventually the backyard. I stopped in my tracks when I saw Nova and Lucien standing over a dead Matthew.

Matthew.

That poor boy.

I am so going to kill Lucien for this. I let out a thunderous growl making both their heads turn towards me. Nova had tears in her eyes but was shocked to see me. Lucien looked...shocked? Why was he shocked? Thought he would've been happy that he killed a two-year-old. I went to lunge for him, but Nova stopped me. I hated myself for almost hurting her. With her, she had a towel which she flung at me.