Chapter 37

Chapter 37

I was thankful in the months that went on. Kaden helped a whole lot more with Joshua and he made sure I had breaks. When I went see why Joshua was crying early in the morning, he insisted I stay in bed and he went to see why Joshua was crying. It was sweet and I loved having a bit more of a sleep-in. Obviously other times I couldn't because Kaden has business as he's still the Alpha.

Joshua was almost six months old now and he was already getting big. He was always flapping his hands about and he was very playful. He wasn't as fussy as he was a few months back. "Hey, what have you got there?" I ask him as I walk closer. We had left him in this sort of playpen we got him. He could sit there for hours just entertaining himself whilst we watched him.

He had a glass in his hands and I was baffled as to how he managed to get that. I took it from him and he frowned at me before entertaining himself with his teddy bears. There was one we got him a couple of days after he was born. It was a soft toy that was a wolf. It symbolised what he is and plus, it looked adorable and I refused to leave the store without it. It wasn't because I wanted it for myself, but it was absolutely adorable and I knew Joshua would love it. And what do you know? I was.

He had the wolf in his hands and was bouncing it on the floor as if it were walking. Kaden then walked in and right up to me, pulling me in for a kiss. It was a long kiss and I loved it. It was more of a rough kiss rather than a gentle one. "What was that for?" I ask with a giggle. He had never come home and done that straight away. He always got himself undressed and into new clothes, called me to the bedroom, made out with me and that always usually resulted in my clothes coming off.

"I just love you so much." I then noticed blood on his shirt. I gasped and asked him what happened, bringing him straight to the bathroom where I kept some first-aid stuff. Since Joshua is a baby, he obviously can't heal fast like us his healing is like a human, not very fast. When he had any boo-boos, I'd always clean him up and put a plater on him. "I'm fine, sweetheart. I'll heal."

"No, no. Take your shirt off." At this, he smirked. Well, he's got the wrong idea.. "Kaden, no, not that reason. Lemme see what's happened." He rolled his eyes at my protectiveness. I would have too since I was being sort of like him, but I had to know if he was okay!

"See, nothing bad," he says after he took off his shirt. Yes, there wasn't anything bad. There was only a bit of dried blood and a newly formed scar. "Before you ask, I got in a fight with a rogue who decided it was a great idea to use silver. The idiot stabbed me before accidentally falling on to his own silver knife and killing himself. I swear, he's gotta be a real idiot."

"Silver?" I squeaked out. I knew the damages of silver, who didn't? No wonder he's got a scar. Any other knife cuts wouldn't leave one, but a cut with a silver coated knife would definitely leave one.

"Look, baby, doc fixed me up and I'm fine. I just kinda lay on the ground for a while waiting for backup. Think I fainted before they got to me. Part of me just felt like I was going to die and I wouldn't have gotten to say goodbye to you or the little man. Came home and smacked my lips right on you. Had to though." I couldn't believe no one had told me, especially me being the Luna! No one told me he was stabbed with a silver knife. "I told them not to tell you, I didn't want you worrying."

"Well, coming home with a bloody shirt definitely didn't work and you-" He cut me off my smashing his lips on mine once again. His hands were now on my waist as he pulled me closer. My hands were on his chest. Hot damn, his pecs. "Whenever I ramble, please shut me up like that," I whisper against his lips.

"Gladly." We were about to kiss again when we heard Joshua suddenly crying his eyes out as if he was pouring his heart and soul into this cry. I hope he's okay. I quickly rush into the living room and find his wolf toy outside the playpen. He obviously couldn't reach it, hence why he was crying. I picked him up and secured him on my hip. I then picked the toy up and handed it to him. His crying eased up as he hugged the toy and snuggled more into me. "Hey, little man," Kaden said, walking up to us and pinching Joshua's cheeks. He giggled away and put his hands out to Kaden. He dropped the toy but Kaden quickly caught it. Kaden took Joshua from me and kissed him all over his little face. "Come on out back, there's something I can show him which he might like." We walk out into the garden and Kaden hands Joshua to me. Without warning, he starts shifting into his wolf. I could hear the bones crack which, oddly, I liked the sound of. I don't know why I did, but I just did.

He was them right in front of us in his wolf form. I had to admit, he looked pretty cuddly.. Although I probably shouldn't tell him that. Joshua's eyes were on Kaden and he actually looked fascinated.

Both of you come here, he seems to like wolves so maybe he can see a real one for now, Kaden told me through our mind-link. I walked closer to Kaden and carefully put Joshua on the grass. He started crawling over to Kaden with a huge smile on his face. He stopped right in front of Kaden and Kaden gave a big lick to Joshua's face, the lick obviously being a kiss. Instead of being freaked out and starting to cry, Joshua loved it. He clapped his hands and giggled. He's such a giggler! Kaden then lay on the ground and Joshua crawled around him, clasping handfuls of fur in his hand. He likes this, Kaden says. Alright, I think that should be enough for now, come get him so I can shift back, he tells me after a good five minutes. I walk closer and pick Joshua up, handing him his wolf toy before he starts crying.

Kaden shifts back and is, well, butt-naked. I had to look down, obviously. Who wouldn't when Kaden is your mate? I've clearly seen him naked many times but I'll never get use to how lucky I got when I was paired with a freakin' Greek God. "Like what you see?" he questioned, his voice very deep and husky. Woah, yes. He walks up to me and puts an arm around my shoulder as we walk back into the house.

"You know I do," I murmur, making him chuckle.

"Take of your clothes and then we will both like what we see." I playfully slap him on the chest and laugh. I hear soft snores suddenly and realise they were coming from Joshua. "I guess we both just got lucky. Put him down for a nap and we can get busy," he whispers in his ear, his voice still deep and husky. He then slaps my butt lightly and walks off to the kitchen. Well, I obviously went and put Joshua up in his cot for a nap and Kaden and I definitely got busy after a good few months. Yes, every time there was always distractions. Luckily for us, this time there wasn't.

*

Next chapter Joshua grows up a little! He's going to be.. Maybe around one/one and a half. Oh, that's also the last chapter ;) be prepared!

💚💜 I love you all 💜💚