Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I'd made it out of the pack territory without anyone stopping me, or even coming after me. To say I was pleased, was wrong. I wanted to leave because I felt unwanted, but I wanted to be stopped. Not by just anyone, but by Kaden. But that wasn't going to happen. Ariella kept telling me I'd hurt his feelings, which I understand, and that I should go back. I couldn't bring myself to do so, though. I didn't want to be a disappointment of a mate to him. He deserved better and if I left, he'd get that better mate.

I wanted to cry because for some reason, my heart hurt. It hurt and I didn't know why. I'd blocked Ariella out, but I knew she wanted to contact me or get through to me. She would only tell me to go back, but I've made my mind up. I had to leave for Kaden. I had to ensure he would get someone better. I'm doing this for him.

I wandered the unknown grounds, somewhat recognising them. I didn't know where I was, but all I knew was that I wasn't in Kaden's pack territory anymore. Gone. I wanted to turn around and go back, crying into Kaden's arms. But he clearly did not want to see me. I'd been accepted into the pack and as Luna which sucked. I kept getting mind links from everyone. I knew they figured I'd gone, and they were trying to track me down or at least contact me. It wasn't working. They wouldn't find me. They wouldn't get to me. I blocked every single one of them out. All except Kaden. I hoped to at least hear from him, but I never did.

As I walked, I heard various animals. I heard bunny rabbits in the bushes and suddenly running out in front of me. I heard birds chirping and saw them flying above me. But there was an unknown sound that made my ears perk up. I looked around, but saw no one. I couldn't see anyone, so I carried on walking. I knew I should've turned back, or even shifted, but I knew Ariella would take over and take me back.

Before I knew it, a hand went over my mouth. My heart sped up as I didn't know what was happening or who this person was. I tried screaming out, but it only came out muffled. "Shh, darling," the man whispered. I felt something get injected into my arm and I felt limp. I felt like jelly. In fact, I couldn't feel anything at all. But I was still awake. What did he do to be? "I've numbed your body," he told me, throwing my love his shoulder. I hung there, not being able to do anything. Well this sucks, but I deserve it.

I realised that they wouldn't kill me. I wasn't classified as a rogue anymore, but a Luna. I was worried they'd return me to Kaden, but something told me that wouldn't happen. After the man walked for a while and me staring at nothing but his butt, I was finally thrown onto a hard ground. I felt that. I started feeling tingly feelings all over, getting my feel back. I was losing the numbness in my body. I lay my head against the wall, feeling quite woozy. I got a good look at the man. He was young and raven haired. He had a scar running down his cheek which looked painful. Scars are nothing but battle scars, except mine. Mine were far from that.

He looked at me, an evil smile on my face. "What do you want?" I ask, finding my voice. I was in a cell type room, that much I noticed.

"You're worth a lot of money, you know that?" Money? "Find you and we get the reward. Looks like little miss Luna has a bounty over her head." A bounty? "Ah, darling, you don't know? The Alpha of Red Moon pack wants you dead." Dead? "It's all out there now. Everyone knows. Every pack. Obviously some don't give a crap and wouldn't kill you, of you were a rogue that it. But our pack? We jumped at the opportunity. Been wondering why a Luna was out all on her own, away from her territory. Tell me, darling, which pack to you belong to?" I didn't answer, though. I didn't want Kaden, or the rest of Stone Crescent pack to be brought into this. He walked closer to me, staring down at me. "Who is your mate?" he asked, getting angrier by my silence. When he realised he wasn't going to get answer, he bent down. He smiled at me, took hold of my arm and twisted it. "Tell me," he growled out. I was in so much pain, but I've been in much worse pain. He realised he wasn't getting anywhere, so pulled out a knife. No. "Who is it?"

"Kaden," I whimper. My arm was in pain and I was afraid of the knife. They helped me through the hard times, but this? I could smell that it was laced in silver. I couldn't risk it, no matter how much I'm not wanted. If I was to die I'd want to be the one to take my life, not anyone else.

"Clarke?" I nod my head. He smirks. "Ah. He'll want to hear of this, don't you think?"

"I already do," I heard Kaden growl out. The man turned around, shocked at Kaden's sudden appearance. Hell, even I was shocked. Before anything happened, the silver laced knife was lodged into my side. I cried out in pain, trying to take it out. But I couldn't. I couldn't concentrate and my hands were shaking. If anything, I would probably lodge it in more. Kaden ferociously beat up the man until he was knocked unconscious. Kaden came to my side, took the knife. He tossed the knife to the ground before picking me up. "Why do you run from me, love?" he asked, but I never replied. My attention was focused on all the blood dropping from my body and the weird feeling inside of me. The silver. "You're not going to die," he says, a determined look on his face. "You're not leaving me for the billionth time." I felt as if I was about to pass out, and I probably did.

It felt like I only closed my eyes for a second, but I was in a completely different scenery. I was in a white room, and dressed in white too. Am I dead? Is this what heaven looks like? No, I'd go to hell. I killed my mum. I looked around, noticing I was hooked up to machines. Okay, maybe I wasn't dead after all. I spotted Edna sitting beside me, smiling.

"You're up! Good, how are you feeling?"

"Fine," I mutter.

"Why do you keep running away from Alpha Kaden? You're mates, dear. You need him as much as he needs you." I knew all that, I really did. I don't know why I kept running away. I guess I didn't want to get attached. Maybe I didn't want to get attached to someone, only for them to find out the awful crime I committed and then abandon me or treat my badly like my old pack.

Or maybe I'm just broken.