Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Carla, hi," I say, smiling that my new friend came to visit me. I was still in the pack hospital because they wanted to be sure that I was okay. It surprised me to see Carla, actually. I felt bad because I hadn't spoken to her since the ceremony.

"How are you doing? You're a fighter, you know that?" she sat beside the bed on a chair, a small smile on her face. "When I heard you'd gotten yourself in hospital, I was very worried. Not just because you're my Luna, but because I suppose we're friends..if that's okay with you. I mean, we don't have to-"

"It's fine, I consider us as friends as well. In all honesty, I also need some other people to hang around other than Edna am Kaden. Don't get me wrong, they're awesome but-"

"Spending too much time with them can get quite boring? You wanna meet new people and all, don't you?" I nod my head, thankful that she was understanding. "Don't worry, you'll meet a lot of nice people here. The pack have come to really like you, you know? Watching all the concern on their faces, gosh," she tells me. "I think a few pack members wanna come see you, but Kaden seems to have forbidden everyone."

"What about you?" I ask, wondering why he forbade everyone but here she was. I wasn't complaining, I just found it weird.

"Like I said, I'm the TIC's mate. Oh, and Kaden knows we're friends. I suppose when they came back from whatever they did, they say us hanging around and all."

"You know, I wouldn't mind if they came to visit me," I mumble. I felt it'd be a good chance to at least get to know some pack members better. At the ceremony, I mingled but not too much. I hung around Carla a lot and we ended up sneaking to the kitchen a lot just to eat. Plus, I still felt a bit nervous with them all around. But after hearing that they were concerned and worried for me, made me rethink my nerves. I mean, they can't be that bad.

"Hmm," she hums, her eyes then glazing over. Once they unglazed, she smirked at me. "Three, two, one.." And in walked Kaden.

"Love, are you okay?" he asked, rushing to my side. He took hold of my hands and studied me.

"I'm fine?" I reply, but it came out more of a question. What exactly did she say? He turned to Carla who grinned sheepishly.

"Great to know you came so fast," she grins out, "Anyway, I think you should lift the thing where the whole pack is forbidden to see Nova. She wants to see them, so why forbid them?"

"You brought me here just for that?" Carla nods her head. He looks to me and I laugh. "What's so funny, love?"

"Nothing, nothing." A smile graces his worried looking face, and it makes me smile even more.

"Alright, I'll let the pack members see you. Only if that's okay?" he asks, looking to me. I nod my head in response, quite excited to meet a few of the pack members. "Only three maximum at a time, and Carla you are to stay in here at all times."

"Got it, boss!" she salutes him as he gives her an annoyed look. His eyes glaze over and then once they are unglazed, he kisses my forehead and leaves. "Don't I get a kiss?" she shouts out to him as he leaves, to which he grunts in reply. I giggle at his reply and Carla's childishness. "He loves me really, as a friend!" she quickly justifies. "Don't worry, I got me a man of my own."

Soon enough, the first three pack members walk in. It was a mother, father and their little boy. He runs up to me, his arms in the air. So adorable. He looked to be around two years old and when he tried to climb the bed, he failed. His mother came up to him and picked him up, holding him in her arms. "It's fine, he can sit there if he wants," I tell her. She smiles at me and places the boy on the bed, who immediately throws his arms around me for a hug. I hug him back, dying at how cute he is.

"His name is Matthew, and he's only two. He gets really excited," the mum explains.

"Oh, it's fine don't worry. Um, I'm Nova," I say with a smile on my face.

"I'm Lucia, and this is my mate Francis." Francis, her mate, gives me a smile and hands me a box of chocolates.

"We hope you get well soon, Luna," he says, his voice slightly gruff.

"Thank you," I smile and then my eyes turn towards the chocolate. Yum. We speak for a little while until they leave, and a few more pack members walk in. There was two, and they were elderly ladies. They seemed frail, but also cute. I assumed they were sisters because they were fighting just like sisters as they came in, and because they look really identical. Like, really.

"Luna," one exclaimed, "how are you doing, dear? I'm Petra, and this is my twin Scarlet."

"Hi, guys, I'm doing fine thank you. How are you two?" They mutter something between each other about me being such a polite young lady. Carla and I exchange a look, grinning. Scarlet turns to me and exclaims how she's wonderful and has had the best sex of her life. Yeah, talk about too much information. Petra beat me to it when Scarlet was about to go into detail, by slapping her sister on the arm and telling her that we didn't need to hear of her sex life. They're so amazing, oh my gosh.

Carla bursts out laughing, unable to contain herself. Scarlet looks to her, narrowing her eyes at her. "What are you laughing at missy? I probably get more action than you do! So I wouldn't be standing there laughing if I were you," she quietly yells out.

"Excuse me, but I get quite enough action actually so-"

"Stop, stop!" I yell out, not wanting to hear about their sex lives. Petra looked mortified and Carla and Scarlet were having a glare off.

"I think we ought to go," Petra mutters, "I am so sorry, Luna," she apologises, and I tell her it's okay. Either way, she still insisted on leaving. So, they did. Over the next few hours, a lot of people still visited me and even brought gifts! I never asked for them, but I was extremely grateful. By now, I had a mountain full of chocolates. Oh how delicious, I haven't had chocolate in ages..they wouldn't let me..

When no one turned up to visit me, I found out from Carla that Kaden had stopped the visits. I asked her why but she shrugged her shoulders as she didn't know. However, Kaden came in and kicked Carla out...nicely. She waved goodbye to me and left. Kaden sat on the bed holding his arms out for a hug, which I gladly accepted. "Why'd you stop the visits?" I ask him.

"I wanted to be alone with you," he whispered in my ear, biting my earlobe. Woah. My heartbeat sped up, and I gulped. I heard him sniff my neck, and then place a few kisses here and there. "It's getting harder to control myself," he mumbles, and then I feel his canines graze my neck. I gasp, trying to pull away. "I want to make you mine," he quietly growls out.

"Kaden, stop," I mutter, trying to push him away. I didn't want him to mark me, not yet anyway. I somehow push him hard enough, which was also enough to snap him out of whatever was happening to him.

He stared at me, guilt in his eyes. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, did I hurt you?" I shook my head. "I'm sorry, I just..I'm sorry."

"It's okay," I tell him, putting my hand on top of his. "I'm just not ready..not just yet," I tell him.

"All in due time. Don't worry, I'll try and not be like that again." I believed him, but I knew it would happen again. He wouldn't be able to control it, but I'm sure I can snap him back out of it like I did just now. I'm just thankful he's happy to wait. I have such a gem of a mate.