Chapter 10

Wendy

After finishing, chores, I locked the shop's door.

"Good night Wendy", Becky said

"Good night Beck", I smiled tiredly

I started walking towards my car. The shop was, a little bit far away from the parking area, so I had to walk a bit. Kevin had asked to drop me home, to which I kindly rejected it, so he went a little early.

As I continued walking, I heard some noises from a distance. Out my curiosity, I ended up walking towards the place, where noises were being heard. As I closed my distance to that place, I was able to hear the noises more clearly. Their languages contained abusive words as they continued to cuss each other loudly. The words were too slurred, so they were drinking. My curiosity reached its peak, as I came nearer to them. Now I was able to hear them more clearly.

"Heyyyyy......SON of the bitch, take your ass out of that weed, it coooosstt moneeey." One man said as he continued to sniff a white substance....shit...It was cocaine.

"I will pay you the money, just need some time to steal...yaaa, know." As he continued to smoke.

Trust me, I was behind the door, as they forgot to close it. I was too overconfident about myself.

I could hear laughter behind that door, when an idea came up in my mind. Why not to record secretly, and hand over it to police .I was always kind of wanted to do something great for my society and people......

I brushed off my patriotic thought............ and I fished for my mobile and started recording their conversation.

As that man continued to smoke, trust me, it irritated me a lot. It smelled so disgusting and I had allergies from smoke. I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THAT!!!! Unable to control myself I sneezed. GREAT GOD.

They turned their faces towards the door, where I was standing.

SHIT.......GIRL......you are gone.

I shoved my mobile into my bag and started running for my life. The car was still at its distance, and those men were pretty large in number compared to the alone life. My curiosity always gets me nowhere.

As I continued to run, I entered into area, which was a bit more in light. I was too afraid because if they even got a glimpse of my face, they are definitely gonna threaten me and my family. I had studied about these kinds of drugs, which are often circulated in under world. And I had taken a threat of dealing with underworld. I couldn't be any more thankful for my bravery. As I continued running, my legs were giving answers and I was completely out of breath. I was never good in sports, during my school days, so I wasn't even prepared to face such exciting adventure mission without any experience.( Sarcasm)

I suddenly tripped, falling down as men continued to approach me. I was fully covered in sweats and was trying to catch my breath. They were dangerously close to me as I stood up to run. Suddenly, I felt a striking pain on my head and everything went in darkness.

Harry

As I continued writing my songs in my garden, I looked up to see the Watch. It was already 11:15. I didn't even know how time passed so quickly. I stood up to stretch myself ,as I took in fresh cool air.

"Dear, are you busy?", my mom asked me.

"My son has been busy for five years, come on just enjoy your break." Robin said. Robin was an incredible dad but he was more like friend to me. We always talked about random things and helped me to resolve many questions. I was happy for my mom that she got a wonderful husband like Robin.

"Ummmm.....I think, I should go for a walk. I am really tired and if I walk up a bit, I will be freshened up." I said.

"As your wish love." My mom smiled.

I walked out my house and the night was really peaceful. I wanted a kind of stability and peace in my life and it was no other way, than to go for a walk in night. Nights were peaceful, without any cameras or people surrounding me. I kind of needed this time for me.

As I walked down the lane, my phone rang. It was from Niall.

"Hey Budy." I answered the phone.

"Hey Curly, what's up uh?" he seemed in a good mood today.

"Nothing, just walking down, Ya know taking rounds. It kinds of feel peaceful in Chapel.

"Yeah, I just kind of came back from Asia tour, it was great so far and I met up wih Louis too."

"Yeah, I kind of miss you guys. We will have reunion soon." I said.

He laughed and shared his experiences from his tour. He really kind of liked every place he went and was ready to attend the golf match held in his hometown.

"You should rather be a golf institution owner. You are in a wrong profession, buddy." I remarked.

"Don't worry, I am gonna start it soon." He laughed again.

I heard some noises from the distance as I tried to make out the rucuss happening in the dark. It was like, someone with a bald head was chasing very petite body. As I moved faster, Niall sensed something and he asked "What happened? Is everything alright?"

"Well, I call ya later."

I moved faster than before. The petite body was a girl and she was trying to catch her breath as she looked down to the ground. A Group of men were chasing her. I immediately recognized her face. Her name was .....ummm...Wendy...that girl from bakery. I wondered, What the hell, so many drunk men were chasing her. Maybe to hurt her. I was snapped out my thoughts as I saw Wendy falling as the bald man hit her head with a stone. I ran and shoved my fist onto his face. He tripped a little but regained his posture. He was stumbling a bit as he prepared himself to punch me. I punched him again, my fist connecting his jaws making him fall on the ground with a loud thud. I looked back to see the girl unconscious as men proceeded their way towards me. As soon as one man tried to jump on me, I punched his face real hard, making him trip over. I smiled at myself as my boxing skills continued to defend myself. I heard a loud siren, from a distance indicating that police was taking a round. All the men looked among themselves as one of them made the gesture to leave. They ran away, quickly leaving me and two unconscious people.

I walked to the unconscious girl and picked her up in bridal style. No doubt why she was so weak. She barely even had weight but it was easy for me to walk while carrying her. The police car left us behind and I didn't even bothered to ask for help because I didn't wanted myself to get in trouble, causing unnecessary rumours spread in paps. So I decided to take her home insead.

"Oh, my god what happened?" my mother asked as soon as I entered the house. Robin and Gemma looked worried as they saw me carrying an unconscious (stranger) girl into my highly security maintained house.

"I will keep her in my bedroom and explain everything to you." I said

I carried her into my room and placed her into my bed as I called for Gemma .

"Change her clothes and bring her some medicines as she wakes up." I said.

I went to my bathroom and changed my clothes, wearing loose hanging sweater and pajama. As I stepped out my bathroom, Gemma had already changed the girl's clothes into hers. That girl looked so tiny in her clothes. I smiled and walked down as my family waited for me downstairs.

"Don't worry, its fine." I smiled.

"Tell us the whole story." Mom demanded

I started my story, with how I encountered her in the bakery to how she was running away from the drunk men. I also told them about our conversation about Wendy.

"Hmmmm....I believe Becky, but we have to know if, shes not any threat to us." Gemma said.

"I guess, we have to wait till next morning." I said