Chapter 16

Wendy POV

"Wendy", Kevin called me from behind as I continued to walk faster

"What?", I said in breaths

"I think its not a good idea, to risk like that.  What if someone gets to know that you are the one who gave the footage." he rather warned than asking me.

"Its not a good idea, to suppress the truth." I said firmly.

"I may look like a dickhead to you, but really, your habit to do things without any warning, makes me pity on you."

"Hey, I don't want your pity." I cleared my throat. " Well, I believe in the truth, that's all."

"Tsk, Tsk."

"Shut up or I will kick your balls." I fisted my hands, trying to appear irritated but failed miserably.

"Aww.....You are giggling." He said with the shine in his eyes.

"You are weird and you should know that." I said after I finished giggling.

"What the actual fuck. Its your influence that I have been termed weird lately." he pouted.

"See, lets go inside and give this." I said pointing out towards my phone.

We went inside and talked to the Superintendent, about the case, I had filmed. I duly gave my footage to which surprisingly, they were ecstatic. They were actually very grateful towards me because they had been looking for the same people, who were causing trouble to them over the year. Although, I had done my job, there was a weird feeling that, something was really off. One of the police man, was sending daggers through his eyes towards me. I was really terrified looking at me, but Kevin's presence really helped me to overcome that weird feeling in my stomach, as he continued to hold me by my shoulder, making me balance myself as the Head continued his rant, praising my bravery. I smiled and asked them not to reveal anything about me.

" Ms. Wendy, We will look forward for help and I assure you, We will provide you full security as soon as we catch them." The head of the Department, Mr. Clooney assured.

"Yes, Sir...I am...am glad, I am some help to you." I smiled, as I studied his feature. He looked too young and fit for his age, as his white hair was pushed back in an army style, neat and proper, while his blue eyes shone, just like of that child. What a man!

"I think, missy......You should go home, its too late now. " He smiled showing his perfect white shining teeth and then turned towards Kevin." Take care of her, shes a good and brave girl."

I instantly blushed when he spoke those words, as according to him, we were a couple. Damn, I looked towards Kevin to see his shocked face, but he was looking down to me , smirking. Sonofabitch.

"Ofcourse, sir....Its my pleasure." He said, his grip getting tighter as the words left.

"Okay goodnight, both of you." he said, greeting us for the last time.

"God night sir", we both said at the same time.

As we headed towards the exit, he caught my hand and pulled me closer,towards him. I jerked my hands away, earning a stupid smirk from him 

"Ouch, what are you doing?", he hissed, as I pinched him on his side.

"Trying to irritate you." I smiled mischievously.

"You are already a pain in the ass, girl." he rolled his eyes.

"Hey." I giggled as I punched him.