Chapter Thirteen: We're Staying!

Everyone surrounded Hakuoh. Akihito picked up her head, but then put it down when he felt a wet substance on his hand. He looked at his hand. Everyone's eyes went wide.

Blood.

"Open! Gate of the Phoenix! Fenikkusu!" Emiko chanted. Fenikkusu appeared and went around Hakuoh. Sparkles fell around Hakuoh and then Fenikkusu disappeared.

"What happened here?" Someone asked. They looked and saw the guilds running towards them, as well as some of the guards.

"What are you all doing here?" Kaisai asked.

"We saw some sort of fire fly across the sky and then a loud crash." Hibiki explained.

"It was a comic. It was controlled by fire and earth magic combined. That type of magic was dark magic. I could feel the dark energy as it exploded." Akihito explained.

"Is that blood?" Wendy gasped.

"Fenikkusu sorted it out." Emiko said.

"So it hit you?" Gray asked. Akihito shook his head.

"Hakuoh created a shield. She had to use two hands. At first I couldn't believe it, then I realized she absorbed some of the magic from the comic to make sure the explosion was as small as possible. That's when it exploded and pushed us both back." Akihito explained.

"How can you know all of this?" Sting asked. Akihito looked away.

"That's none of your concern." He said. Kaisai pulled his cheek. "OW! Hey!" He exclaimed with a vein popping out.

"Now be nice! He was only asking a question!" Kaisai said with her cheeks puffed out and a vein popping out of her cheek.

"Get off me you demon!" Akihito exclaimed.

"I'm not even on you!" Kaisai exclaimed.

"Stop flirting you two. This is serious." Yukichi snickered.

"We're not flirting!" The two shouted.

"Yeah, yeah." Yukichi said.

"Akuma magic..." Hakuoh said with a groan.

"Haku!" Etsuko said. Hakuoh opened her eyes and looked at everyone. 

"You're awake!" Emiko said as she helped Hakuoh sit up.

"Did you say Akuma magic?" Hana asked. Hakuoh nodded. Kaisai and Yukichi pulled Hana away from the crowd.

"Do you know something about this?" Yukichi asked in a whisper.

"I believe that last time I saw the man who is after Akuma's, had already gain the power of a Rokku Akuma, and a Hi No Akuma as well as a Hikari Akuma." Hana explained in a whisper.

"Rokku Akuma... Rock demon... Hi No Akuma... Fire demon like me, and a Hikari akuma... Light Demon..." Kaisai said.

"If this man has a hi no akuma, then he might not be after you." Yukichi said.

"All of the Akuma's he gathered were not full blooded Akuma's like yourselves." Hana explained.

"So they're after Akuma's?" Naomi asked. The girls nodded. They then froze and looked at Naomi, who smiled. "Now it all fits together!" Naomi said.

"W-w-what does?" Kaisai asked.

"Hana is not Yuki's cousin, because Yuki told us years ago she had no blood related family members left!" Naomi said.

"Oh crap..." Yukichi said.

"So they're after you?" Emiko asked. Yukichi and Kaisai looked away.

"Why do you think they targeted Haku and Aki?" Yuuji asked.

"I thought I told you not to call me that." Hakuoh and Akihito both grumbled with veins popping out.

"Maybe because whatever they see, they learn. They've seen us train plenty plenty of times." Kaisai said.

"You don't even train. You just sit there." Akihito said. Kaisai had a vein pop out.

"I do train!" Kaisai exclaimed.

"If you are being targeted, it is best for the Phoenix Guild to drop out of the games." Lahar said to Kino. Kino looked down with a smile.

"It's not my choice alone." She said.

"But you are the guild master." Lahar said.

"I am not the one who chose to join the games this year." Kino said. The Phoenix Guild members stood behind her. "We all did. As a guild we chose to enter the games and as a guild, we will choose if we drop out or stay. They know their own strengths and they know what they are capable. As a guild, we are all reckless fighters, but what guild isn't? That is how the guilds show their uniqueness and how they are different to other guilds. Our strength apart and together is what makes us the Phoenix Guild. We are a family." Kino explained.

"We choose to stay in the games." Etsuko said.

"We might be in danger, but we have been in much more difficult situations." Yukichi explained.

"And if you put the Kingdom of Fiore in danger?" Lahar asked.

"We will defend the people and Kingdom of Fiore." Naomi said.

"No matter the enemy, we will stop them." Daisuke said.

"After all, we are..." Yuuji began to say.

"The Phoenix Guild!" They all said.

"Heh, you have to admire their passion to stay strong." Erza said.

"Yeah. They are in danger, but that won't stop them from doing what they want to do." Wendy said.

"I see. Do as you wish then, but if you put the Kingdom of Fiore in danger, then the Phoenix Guild will be held responsible." Lahar said before he left, with the guards and rune knights.

"So you are staying in the games." Makarov said.

"Of course we are." Kino grinned.

"This won't change things." Goldmine said.

"No, it won't little Kino~!" Bob sang.

"Yeah. Sabertooth will be number one once again." Sting said.

"Are you sure about that? Because you'll have to beat us, and your guild are 5th." Emiko stated as she poked her head our from behind her master.

"At least we're not last like Lamia Scale!" Sting said.

"Hey! We will gain more points tomorrow at the games!" Lyon said.

"Good luck with that. You'll need it." Hibiki said. 

Tbc...