08. subtle clues.

A/N: I dedicate this chapter to chimcelle for being a very good friend to me and for helping me get better as a person and as a writer, she's truly amazing ❤️

Soooo, I have a question for you fam. Do you like Aoi or not? :)

Aoi's POV

"If you ask me, I don't think words are needed to explain how much I'm fond of you."

I'm recoiling at how cheesy that was but I also can't deny the fact that what he 'said' was smooth as fuck, so I give him about six points for that one. I'm surprised that instead of sassing him back with my smart words, I let out a small, sheepish smile. My heart's racing without me knowing as well.

"I knew it!" I exclaimed out of nowhere after reading the note. "Tell me, Park Jimin. Do you have a small crush on me or what?" I then straightforwardly said, turning and pointing a finger at him accusingly. I kinda cringed at my sudden courage to ask someone such question.

What the hell Aoi? You obviously messed shit up, really.

He obviously doesn't.

Nobody likes Park Aoi.

"What are you saying.." I almost heard him said under his breath. Did he say that? What? Confused, I stepped in front of him, only to see him scratching his nape and avoiding eye contact with me. He's turning his head to his left while I was trying to look straight at him. I tilted my head on the side to study his expression even further.

So he does?

"Aish, you're so timid, Jimin. It's okay to like me or anything but I know you don't, anyway." I shared out a laugh and went back to position beside him. He didn't speak, apparently, so we just kept on walking to God-knows-where.

"Isn't it tiring to write words on a post-it note and shove it right in front of my face?" I then asked him to pop the bubble. I just want to know why he's acting this way so bad, it gets kinda creepy the more he uses post-it notes to communicate. Joo-eun told me that it wasn't for a bad reason and I couldn't help but wonder.

He simply shook his head and I found it the slightest bit adorable.

"Would you ever tell me why?" I asked in a slightly worried tone. I have no idea and I'm literally dying to know. I'm currently thinking of all the possible answers to a petty question that's beeing lingering my mind all day.

How about if I met him before or something? What could be the possibilities?

He shook his head again. "I told you to keep wondering didn't I?" He muttered shyly with a small smile. Oh God. My heart skipped a beat again after hearing him talk like it's nothing. I then took a deep breath and mentally reminded myself to take a grip.

"What is this? Sometimes you talk and sometimes you don't, I don't get you. And also, nobody believes me when I say you don't speak. It's either that or they don't tell reason. If this happens forever, then when would I ever get the chance to speak to you properly?"

Wow, I sounded so serious saying that.

And I feel like I've openly admitted the fact that I give a shit about him.

Silence took over for the second time.

"Okay Park Jimin, if I ever find out the reason why you don't speak to me, then you're going to speak to me for at least a day alright? And if I don't find out, still talk to me for a day because fuck, you make me so curious about shit." I honestly said, turning my head to the side to look at him.