14. new student?

A/N: aYYYe fam please support my new book called forbearance! (;

Aoi's POV

"Park Aoi," I flinched at the sound of my name being called by this so-called authority, my history teacher. I quickly shot my head up and looked at her straightly in the eye, shoving the pointless thoughts away and buried them at the back of my head.

"You're going to tour the new student around the school, okay? She's half Japanese too so maybe you could get along well." The teacher explained and all of a sudden a head popped from behind me. It was a petite girl with short brown hair who gave me a bright smile and a small hand wave.

After stepping out from behind my teacher, she immediately gave me a polite bow. I stared at her, clueless. "What.. why do I need to do this all of a sudden?" I asked my teacher, trying not to sound like was complaining about it or something. I'm not really good at being friendly with other people, that's probably it.

"Haven't I already told you that you shouldn't complain whenever I ask you to do something?" She rose her eyebrow, folding her arms across her chest. "Just help a new student out."

After that, the teacher didn't hesitate to literally pushed me out of the classroom with the new student. What kind of teacher is she, she didn't even give the new student a chance to introduce herself and just kicked me out of the classroom like that.

I inwardly groaned and diverted my stare back to the cute student. She looked pretty, I must say, her short hair was brown and silky and her face was semi made-up. It's pretty rare to see someone who's prettier than me, but I think she had her nose done.

I'm kidding, I'm not pretty out of all things.

"Hello unnie, my name is Yoko and I'm going to be studying here from now on~~ Miss Lee told me that you were going to hel-"

"Yes, yes." I interrupted her and nodded my head in an unamused way. For some reason she gave me a not-so-good first impression. She seems way to bubbly and it makes me kind of not like her, people like those are just too annoying for me to handle.

And besides, whenever I try to interact with someone like her I tend to always make that person cry. Only one person didn't and she laughed at me instead.

"Okay, obviously we're at the corridor right now." I said as-a-matter-of-factly and pointed at the doors of the classrooms that were arranged in the left side of me. Even if it was the most obvious thing that I can talk about, I don't care. She was so enthusiastic anyway.

"And obviously that set of stairs right there brings you to the ground floor, I'm pretty sure you aren't dumb enough to not figure that out." I blunted again since I knew this was going to be boring as hell. I just want to walk back to class and find someone else to tour her around.

She then silently followed me down the stairs and after reaching the ground floor, she immediately started a conversation.

"So, Aoi.. How long have you been studying here? I should've gone to Dee-Han High School, you know, I don't know why my parents brought me back here in Korea in this school. They probably didn't want me to meet him again." She solemnly said with a sad tone.

I turned my head to her and saw a sad smile spreading across her lips. "Three years ago. And who's him?" I asked her non-chalantly, it's not that I'm interested anyway, even if she mentioned Miyun and Soojung's school. I just don't want to make the tension more awkward than it already is.

"Oh that, it's my ex-boyfriend. We broke up when I found out that he liked someone else, all he could do was to promise but he broke it immediately." She said as her bottom lip started.

"Oh, yeah, I know what you mean. Boys are shitty to be honest, if I were you I would never gain interests in guys that much anymore. But anyway, let's just continue walking." I said and cleared my throat, walking ahead of her.

But girls are pretty shitty too, everyone is.

"Hold on, Aoi, I just met you but for some reason I feel like I've heard your name before and the way you talk.. just reminds me of him." I then realized that there were no footsteps following mine so I turned around, seeing the perplexed Yoko with her forehead creased and her eyebrows furrowed.

"What do you mean, huh? Look, Yoko, we need to get this done with. I don't want to spend time trying to put some puzzle pieces together or some shit like that. I want to walk back to our classroom after this and chill, you know." I said and scurried towards her, instantaneously grabbing her hand.

She pulled her hand back and stuck her tongue out at me, "Chill, Aoi. I was kidding. My ex boyfriend was pretty nice actually, he just happened to love someone else. I left him without any goodbye words and went back to Japan. I broke up with him that way, all that was left with me was a broken promise."

Why the hell is this woman telling me her life story?

It's not that interesting, I'm pretty sure I've heard a lot of stories like hers before. Just like mine.

I just want to go back to my classroom.

"Oh, what's his name?" I acted interested once again, but that didn't shut her up. I don't know how to shut her up without making her cry like a little bitch though.

"Park Jimin, but it's as if you know who I was talking about. I think there are many people in this world who have the same nam-"

"Wait what, say that again? One more time?" I suddenly cut her off in surprise.

"Oh, Park Jimin. He's from Dee-Han. Do you know who he is?" She gave me a dumb look, her lips then closed shut and her both frozen in anticipation. I didn't reply to her right away and my mind suddenly started fixing into a thinking state.

Broken promise.

She left him without any words, no goodbye.

Did that have anything to do with Jimin's mute mode from before?

Yoko was his ex-girlfriend? How the hell is the world so small?

I remember when Rina or Joo-eun told me that he left his words with her.

Those were their clues too.

Park Jimin you're a fucking idiot.

"I don't know him, he just has the name as my classmate. I thought you said Kim Jimin, sorry." I carelessly said, the lie smoothly rolling off my tongue.

Who the hell is Park Jimin, anyway?

I never knew, really. He started off as this irritating piece of shit who poured a goddamn drink on me and communicated with me using sticky notes for a quite long time until he finally told me the reason why he does that.

There are lots of things I still don't know that I feel like I should know before actually liking him. I don't know what was the promise that he had broken with her? I don't know why he 'likes' me, I don't know why he couldn't stop being around me all the time and many more.

Fuck, this kid is enigmatic.

I cleared my throat once again, "Anyway, Yoko, whoever that Jimin is, he's a motherfucker okay? I don't know what his promise was or who he is but if he really loved you then he wouldn't fall in love for anyone else. Let's escape the gates and kick his ass in Dee-Han if you want, I'll come with you."