20. public embarrassment.

Aoi's POV

"Aaaaaahhh!!" Yoko made me flinch after having the guts to shout out loud. We were having some peaceful Physical Education period until Yoko suddenly sprained her ankle and collapse on the ground after playing some badminton.

Don't ask me if she actually had her ankle sprained, because I personally think it was a set-up so that the whole class's attention will be grabbed in a split second. And it's working, unfortunately.

And right now, on Yoko's face, was a smeared sour expression while wasting her voice screeching in pain. All of our classmates were worried and gathered around her, staring at her while she was on her ground as she complained at how much she hurt her ankle. Joo-eun had no choice but to call the teacher.

"It hurts so much, ahhhh! How am I supposed to walk now?" For some reason this statement justified my speculations a bit, and I really do think that it was just a set-up. She continued to complain, and I could tell that everyone around me just really wanted the teacher to come here in this instant.

They all just kept on gawking at her while she looked ridiculous trying to find someone for help.

I cleared my throat and stepped closer to her. "You still have two legs, of course you can use them after they heal. Unless you want me to cut your legs off, I would gladly say yes." I batted my eyelashes at her. Everyone around me then stifled their laughs at my response, and I just stared at one of them who almost couldn't hold it in. The teacher came in to the scene and the girls made way for her.

"What happened?" She asked the crowd surrounding her, kneeled near Yoko and I faked a yawn. "Okay, nevermind, Aoi, just take her to the infirmary will you?" Her tone descended into a pissed off one, and I hesitantly pointed to myself. Why is it always me when it comes to Yoko?

I surpressed a groan and then nodded my head. "Fine, whatever." I responded without any hint of agreement, but I still went anyway. "This is going to be hell." I muttered under my breath. I unenthusiastically rushed to Yoko's side and snaked my arm around her shoulder, and she did the same to me. I lifted Yoko without any difficulty and assisted the limping her to the infirmary.

"Thank you Aoi, you're so nice to me~" She sang between her winces.

"I know, right, I'm nice to everyone." I rolled my eyes at her, showing no trace of interest. She seems like the type of bitch to compliment someone to get a compliment or help back. I turned to her and she just pouted at me.

"You know, Aoi, yesterday Jimin took me to go stargazing. He was so nice to me and it was a really fun experience~" She then started explaining to me what 'happened' to her yesterday. Sorry bitch, but Jimjam was with me yesterday. And then I came to the thought that she was probably with the twin of Jimin, which sucks because she literally doesn't know anything about two Jimins lurking around. I don't even know if I should tell her.

"You know what, Yoko, I don't have time for your stories about 'Jimin'. I think you've known me before that's why you're telling me shit about Jimin. What the hell is your plan? Why are you talking to me about him?" I asked, Gosh, this infirmary trip is taking so long, why does it have to be so far away from the gym?

I heard her release a dark chuckle from beside me, "Wow, you're smarter than I thought. Well I thought it would make you jealous if I talked to you more about him. You're too mean and hostile, Aoi, I don't think he's any good for you." She said in a mocking, pitiful tone.

My heart started racing at her unexpected change of tone. "Excuse me, but what? So you actually do know who I am?"

"Who wouldn't, your name is everywhere. To be honest, Jimin wants me back so I'm getting him back, so just stay out of the way." She then gave me devious smile. I knew it, this girl is a fucking witch. That's why I have trust issues, she actually looked decent the first time I saw her.

"Stop being a cliche bitch, Jimin is anything but yours. You were most likely with someone else yesterday so I refuse to believe you were with Jimin yesterday, he was with me all day, so stay in your fucking lane. And now that we're in front of the infirmary.." I impolitely dragged her in front of the infirmary's door. "Throw your pancake ass in and stay there as long as you like, I really don't want to see you anyway."

I literally threw her in the room after we stopped by in front of its door, luckily a nurse caught her before she stumbled and hurt herself more.

No time for stupidity, like always.

~

"Jaehyun!" I half-shouted across the room after all the students had left the classroom. I purposely stayed here to call him out, who happened to be one of the last students to leave the classroom too. He didn't turn to me because he was probably deaf, and probably hates me.

"Butthole!" I subsequently hollered, which surprisingly caught his attention this time. I almost bursted out laughing, but luckily I didn't. As long as he knows what he actually is, I'm fine. He then turned to me with an annoyed look, as if I was bothering him the whole day, which slightly pissed me off. He looked at me as if he didn't scream at my ear earlier, when we were both partners for a stupid project.

"What do you want?" He asked, probably piqued by my presence. But what did I do to deserve this much of his hate?

"So, you have a crush on Yoko right? Your friends told me, I don't know why but they just did." I brought out of the blue, slowly dodging the desks that I passed by to walk towards his direction with a smirk on my face. His eyes almost bulged out his eye sockets and frantically popped his head out of the classroom door to see if anyone heard what I said out loud.

Okay this will melt my mind up more, I really don't want any more connections being added to the picture.

"So what? So what if you know? Yoko is a kind person, she's way better and a lot more different than you." He blunted non-chalantly. My forehead creased and faked a sad frown, accompanied by a mindless shrug. Yoko is a bitch.

"I don't care who the fuck you think is better than the two of us, why would you compare us two anyway? I'm obviously better than her though." I projected my voice and decreased its volume towards the end. "Look, Jaehyun, I just have one request for you, we could both benefit from it, including her." I said and pulled him closer to me.

"What?" He shot me a perplexed look.

"Yoko is too vulnerable. I don't like her, and for some reason you do, but maybe it's time for you to actually make a move. Like I said, we could stop her from her delusions of getting a particular someone, and you could get her. And maybe, just maybe, I'll get my chance." What the fuck are you saying, Aoi?

Aoi, you're not this selfish.

"Wait, so you're telling me Yoko likes someone?" He asked whilst scratching his nape and I nodded my head immediately.

"Yes, she does. And not only do I know this person, I'm just attached to him more than anything. I just couldn't let things the way they are. She should knows what's hers, and what's mine." I said through gritted teeth, letting selfishness overcome me for the first time. Usually, I would let things slide, because no one was worth it. I didn't know what had gotten into me.

But no, Jimin fucking changed that.