02. Secrets Reveals

Ashley

The cafe was at it's busiest today. You couldn't count the number of people. They were like an army of ants.

I think it's because of the cold weather. Outside was covered in frost. Snowing has been falling for the past week and it don't seems like it's about to stopped. I have been taking order nonstop and my fingers were slowly becoming numb from pressing the cash register.

I just hoped that when our boss checks the money. I will not be short. I can't afford to pay for money I didn't take. But maybe I've given away extra change.

Everyone wants warm beverage to warm up there inside in this weather.

I looked around and saw a young couple. The girl hair was cut at shoulder length. She was smiling at something her boyfriend said to her. They looked so adorable.

I looked at her boyfriend who had blond hair. I'm going to stop looking because I don't want them to feel that I'm watching them. As I was about to tear my eyes away I noticed he pulled a box out of his pocket. He gets up and walked over to her gets on one knee and then he asked the question.

She was smiling like a lunatic as she said yes. She pulled him up and kissed him. They embrace each other in their arms.

Love is so beautiful.

The day Joel propose to me will be the best day of my life. Two and a half years strong and I love him with every bits and pieces of my heart. Maybe he will pop the question soon. I have this feeling in my guts that he will.

"Did you hear what I just say?"
A angry girl asked.

"No sorry" I tear my eyes away from the young couple "Could you repeat please." I asked. She had pink highlights in her hair.

"Hot chocolate with marshmallows and a blue berry muffin" I punched in her order and collect given her the change.

"Order coming right up" I said to her and she smiled a little. Guess she's not that angry anymore.

I have been doing this job for about a year now . I have become friends with everyone who works here and I've also make a few new friends with the customers.

I needed a pee break. I couldn't hold it any longer "Lisa" I called.

"Yes my darling" she chirp in my ears.

"Can you cover for me. I need to take a piss" she giggled.

"My pleasure."

"Please don't make any mistake."

"I won't I promise." She hasn't been functioning properly lately. Her brother has being in the hospital and the doctors told her that he doesn't have long remaining. He need a heart transplant really fast. We don't know of a donor and if we do Lisa still wouldn't have enough money to pay for it.

I don't know why doctors do that. Tell you they don't have much time. Only god can predict one's death.

My uncle had a hole in his heart and the doctors told him he had a month to live and he is still here ten years later.

When I returned from the bathroom most of the customers have gone and the remaining few you could count on your fingers. They were all in their tick coats, boots and beanies and a few of them in gloves.

"Lisa be strong for your brother will ya? I told her giving her a tight hug.

"I'm trying Ashley. Really I am" she muffled in the crook of my neck. " I don't want to lose him he's all I got." She muffled I could feel her tears soaking through my clothes. Her parents died in a car crash two years ago. I wish I had know her then.