20. Florescent lights

Ashley

When I heard the familiar sound of his boots colliding on the floor path I turned and looked towards his direction. I saw his black trench coat and a mop of brown hair fizzled out in all direction, a face of confusion and beautiful pink lips. His eyes moved in every direction looking for me. Out of impulse I rushed towards him right into his arms. My force allowed him to tilt back a little but he catch his balance and wrapped his arms around me. Tears was still falling from my eyes as I buried my face into his chest. I think I may have flooded the hospital by now. The familiar sent of his deodorant fills my nostrils and I found a piece of tranquility. I could hear the beating of his heart at a very fast pace.

"What happened?" He asked after a while as he wrapped one of his arms around me and the other in my hair giving me the comfort I needed.

"It's Matt!" I cried and snuggled further into his arms. I'm happy that I have him with me. I think our mistake was a beautiful one. Things can be complicated at times but it's something we might be able to fix if we talked. I would rather not be anywhere else but in Nathan arms. These are the arms I want wrapped around me,protecting me.

"Who's Matt?" He asked. I could feel the movement of his lips as he placed his chin on top of my head. I don't want to break this hug apart. I want him to hug me forever.

"He's He's like my brother. I love him so much Nathan. I can't lose him."

"What do you mean? Why do you asked me here.?"

"To do me that favour you owed me.?

"Yes what is it?"

"The doctor need two hundred thousand down payment. Please help me out.?" I feel him stiffened and I pulled away. I pulled away from him as I used the back of my hands to wipe my the tears away. He gave me a handkerchief. I know that I looked like a complete mess right now but I don't care. I just want Matt to be ok. I wan to play video games and Lego with him again.

"Please I will do anything." I begged. I look around if I saw Lisa but I didn't saw her. I guess she was still at the room where Matt is.

"I never said I wasn't going to do it. I once told you that I would do anything for you now that time has come. I will write a cheque." He pulled out his cheque book from his coat and write number on it. Then he handed it to me.

"Thank you. Thank you so much." I said as I hugged him again. He pulled me into his arms and kissed me on my forehead. I closed my eyes as I listen to the beating of his heart. I then heard Jai and I looked up.

"Ashley is everything okay with you" he asked with a worried expression on his face.

"Yea I'm fine." I nodd. I saw Lisa in the far end and I let go of Nathan and started walking towards her she looked like she was the living dead.

"Lisa" I called her and she looked up. She started running. She run right into Jai arms. I was confused as to what was happening and so was Jai. He hold his arms out not knowing what to do with them. I saw Nate whispered into his ears and he pulled Lisa in for a hug.

"I'm going to find the doctor." I told them.

"I will come with you." Nate said reaching for my hand.

"So tell me about Matt?" He questioned.

"He's funny ,cute, sweet. He's the nicest kid I ever known and I know for sure he will kick your ass in those video games you have at home." I smiled while talking about Matt.

Nathan chuckled. It was loud enough to fill the silent walk way. "Really? I would like to know him."

"There he is." I pointed through the little window on the door of Matt room.