23. Confrontation

Ashley

I never like hospitals at all because bad stuff always happens especially death. I can remember the days with William and it hurts me so much, he was too young. It wasn't his time to die but I guess God has different plans for him. At least that's what I told myself.  For the past weeks I have to suck up my hate for hospitals and visit Matt. But I was extremely happy to be here today to get Matt home. Which also means no more hospital visit.

"How are you feeling?" That question have escaped my mouth more than I can remember as I removed Matt tiny suitcase from the car.

"For the one hundredth time, I'm fine Aunty." Matt repeated the same answer to me.

"Alright, I just don't want you to scared us like that again."

"I told you I was not going to die. I have all my faith entrusted in God."

"But you did die Matt, for ten minutes."

"God has spared me and I pray to him telling him thanks. I saw mom and dad and they hugged me. They told me go back to your sister, protect her." I don't think what this kid think he saw, maybe that medicine is still strong in his blood.

"Let me take you to your bed."

"No please, I have so much bed sores already." He smiled.

He walked to the coach as I bring the suitcase to his room.

Lisa was in the kitchen making something for Matt to eat.

"I want to bring Matt home with me. So you can have time to catch up at work.?" I told her as I lean on the kitchen counter, watching her. The lack of sleep was evident on her with those sleeping bags around her eyes.

"You don't have your own place Ashley." She kindly reminds me of how screwed my life is.

"I know but Nate is totally fine with it and they could play video games together." School is out and Matt needs resting to heal but he can still play video games, that doesn't require alot of work.

"I want him to stay with me for a few days. I just miss having him around. I am extremely happy to have him here with me."

I turned around smiling at Matt as I looked at him watching Storks. His eyes shines so bright as be watched the television.

"I wished I knew who paid for the surgery to thank them." She sign as she removed the soup from the stove and place it in a bowl for Matt. I don't think she will ever find out because I'm not sure if I should tell her.

"Okay I will see you tomorrow." I will leave so that they can have some family time together. They haven't been together alone since the incident.

Nate has been extremely helpful the past week. He cooks for me. He help me out in whatever way her can.

I love this car that Nate have given to me. It was a BMW and it's just so comfy. Heating seats, heating windows. Gosh I love it.

****

I was parked in the car staring at my childhood home for the last ten minutes. I looked in the mirror and my exhaustion was clearly evident on my face. I bottled down all my fear, comb my fingers through my hair and opened the car door and walked towards the house.

I pounded my fist on the door twice before it opens. I looked at my mother as she gestured for me to come in.

"What did you do this time Ashley?" She asked the moment she closed the door. I smell something baking maybe cake or cookies.

"I didn't do anything. Why you always think the worst about me mom?" I asked her as I removed my jacket and sit on her coach.

"I just don't want to fix your mistakes again."