y e o l - d u l

"You f.ucking kidding me right now?! What the f.uck are you telling me now, Jimin?! Is this some kind of a joke?!", the highpitched voice shouted continuously. Cherry stirred from her sleep before fully awake. Her head still felt uneasy due to her weak conditions yet she tried to process her environment. Again.

Cherry carefully pushed herself up to lean against the headboard, putting a pillow on her back. When she successfully doing so, Cherry searched around for the quarreling voices, turned out it is only happened outside her room.

"I can't believe you! You tried getting into my pants and you failed and now you're telling me you knocked up my roommate?! My bloody roommate?!".

Cherry gasped as she recognized the voice. She remained silent to keep up with their conversation.

"Laurene, I think you should-", a sound of a loud slap echoed. Then, heavy boot steps can be heard along the corridor before Cherry heard the door knob twisted. Jimin walked in and he saw Cherry staring at her comforter. Both of them realized each other, Jimin offered her a nervous smile.

"Hey, you're up", he said, "How are you feeling?".

Cherry nodded gently without looking back at Jimin. Awkward silence filled up the room before Jimin finally opened up.

"Um, well I guess you heard it all just now", he shrugged. "I- I- just don't know wha- she's the only person I can trust with", Jimin's voice shook, sighing heavily. As he was sitting on the chair next to the bed, he tried searching for Cherry's eyes.

"I'm not trying to- to- upset you or anything but um..", Jimin gulped, "A- are you going to- k- keep it?", he tried saying it in the nicest way possible. His eyes dropped to Cherry's stomach, covered by the thick fabrics.

Cherry gasped when he pointed it out as she thought it was only just a dream. A beautiful one. She gently brought her hand to her stomach, feeling it. She felt tears almost gushing out from her eyes as a wave of mixed emotions came crashing her mind. She startled a little when she felt another hand slowly moulded onto her hand, radiating warmth. Jimin apologized for startling her, but in the end, Cherry gave him the approval as her token of appreciation, for just about everything that he'd done for her during her time spent in the hospital.

"Whatever your decision is, I'll be by your side", he reassured, with a comforting smile. He squeezed Cherry's hand lightly. "I promise, this won't make you any lesser than a great person I thought you were. I still care about you. You're still my friend".

Gently, Cherry pulled her hand away from Jimin's grip, making him crooked his eyebrows. But then, she encircled her arms around Jimin's shoulder, burying her face onto his neck.

"I'm sorry about Laurene", she said, lowly, "And yes, I am keeping it". Jimin flashed his eye smile, trying to cover his teary eyes as he returned her hug before pulling away. He took her hand again, rubbing it against his cheek before kissing it.

"You'll be a great mum, Chaerin", Jimin chimed.

Cherry smiled nervously, as she heard the word mum.

She just couldn't help worrying about this particular matter. A lot of questions begging for instant answers came up clouding her mind.

How could I be so careless?

What will Jimin think of me?

What will Laurene and the others perceive me?

Am I ready to have a child?

If so, am I really going to raise my kid solely?

Or will I have to tell him this?

Most important is..

Will he believe me and accept our kid into his life?

"Chaerin?", she snapped back into reality. "Are you okay?", she nodded weakly. "Did you hear what I said just now?". Cherry shook her head, mouthed a sorry before asking Jimin to repeat.

"I- I was thinking", he looked away. "Maybe if like um, the daddy is n-not around, can I be like um, t- take care of you?", Cherry froze at his words. "Well, I- I know for sure t- that I could not possibly be the daddy b- but I don't know why I think I'll love the baby".

Seeing the fear in Cherry's eyes, it made Jimin caught off guard a little. "Oh no, not that kind of love, but more like um, siblings or relatives one. Maybe it's b- because I'm used to have babies as a part of my family that I can't help but feeling excited". His face beamed with joy, followed by Cherry's happy tears.

"Be his- or her Godfather, then", she said, almost flatly. Jimin was busy staring at her tummy before his widened eyes focused on hers back.

"A-are you serious?", he asked, almost breathless. When Cherry nods her head, Jimin screamed inaudibly and squeezed her hand tightly. "Oh God holy moly supernova- I feel honored and blessed", he smiled widely.

"But, how about your parents, Chaerin?", he asked. It took her long enough to answer.

"I'm all by myself", she sighed. "I'm an orphan".

"Shh shh shh, okay, I get it. It's okay, don't force yourself to tell me everything, yet. Right now, you need to get better and that's all that matters". Jimin looked at her with a sad face. Then he pulled Cherry into a warm embrace, while stroking her hair, he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"I'll take care of you, I promise". He pulled away a little, Cherry looking back at him, confused.

"I mean, both of you", he chimed. Cherry giggled at him before she continues to hug Jimin.

-----

no taetae in this chappie tho. i'm sorry it's quite short but i hope u like it!

vote&comment♡ ily all ;)