It's a Date, Pt. 1 (Take Two!)

((Credit: UnreasonableReasons

((Credit: UnreasonableReasons. Thank you very much! GUYS I'M READY TO MAKE THIS BOOK A HUNDRED TIMES BETTER THAN THE LAST ONE. LET'S DO THIIIIIIIIIS! ))

Scott leaned over the bathroom sink, one arm either side, and looked himself in the mirror. His large brown eyes stared him back. He looked like he had just been chosen to fight in the next Hunger Games. He felt like he'd just been chosen to fight in the next Hunger Games. Letting out a deep breath, he reassured himself, "C'mon, Scott. It's just a date. That's all. One little date. No big deal!"

He smoothed back his hair one more time and sighed. He was wearing a light blue formal shirt and nice black work pants. He hoped it was okay. Vincent hadn't specified what he was supposed to wear.

There was a knock on the door, and Scott jumped slightly. Running his slightly shaking fingers though his hair again, he walked over to the door and opened it.

"Evening, Scott," Vincent said.

Scott's heart melted into his stomach, he felt his knees go weak. Vincent was wearing an extremely handsome navy blue suit. Very formal. "O-Oh no... Oh, dang it, I'm dressed too casually, aren't I? I knew I'd mess it up... I-I...You look... amazing..."

Vincent blinked at Scott for a second or two, "Don't worry about it, Scott..." He quickly undid his suit jacket and took it off, along with his tie, so that now he only had his shirt and pants, like Scott. He folded up the suit jacket, "Do you mind if I leave this back here?"

Scott smiled gratefully at Vincent, "Of course. Thank you."

"No problem," Vincent placed the jacket on the coat rack that was beside the door, then leaned forward. There was a flash of something red, and Vincent slid a rose into the topmost button of Scott's shirt.

Scott jumped back, "Vincent! What are you doing?! I'm allergic, remember?!"

Vincent tapped his nose and winked, "It's plastic."

Scott froze for a second, then looked down at the flower. The petals were indeed synthetic. He relaxed and grinned, "You think of everything..."

Vincent grinned back, then slid a purple plastic rose into his own shirt, "So then, are you ready to go?"

Scott nodded, mentally willing himself to calm down and relax.

Vincent slid an arm around Scott's back, leading him out to the car. Scott was surprised that Vincent couldn't hear his heartbeat throbbing out of his chest. Since agreeing to date Vincent, his thoughts had been driven mad by him. It seemed it was all he could think about. All the ways the date could go perfectly right. All the ways the date could go horribly wrong. He even dreamt about it briefly - though about halfway through a goat appeared on the table and ate Vincent's head...

...ah, never mind that...

Vincent opened the car door for Scott, before walking around to the driver's seat.

Scott sat down and clipped in the seatbelt, checking himself once more in the mirror and straightening his shirt. He felt extremely self-conscious. This was his one shot at a proper first date, and he seriously needed it to go well.

"Scott," Vincent's voice interrupted his thoughts as he started the car and began to drive down the road. It was deep and comforting.

"Y-Yeah?" Scott asked timidly.

"You look really stressed. Stressed isn't how you should feel on a first date. You're going to make me feel like I'm doing something wrong if you keep looking so upset."

Scott's eyes widened, "Oh, oh, no, you're not doing anything wrong! I just... I..." Scott let out a nervous laugh, "I'm terrified."

Vincent's eyebrows raised, he turned to look at him for a second before keeping his eyes on the road. Suddenly, he laughed out loud.

"It's not funny," Scott mumbled, frowning slightly with embarrassment.

"No, it isn't. I'm terrified too!" Vincent grinned at the road.

"You?" Scott asked, "What have you got to be nervous about? You're perfect."

"Nobody's perfect," Vincent said, "But if it helps, I feel the same way about you. You could never do anything wrong in my eyes." A reassuring grin, then he parked the car outside of a restaurant.

Scott smiled and hopped out of the car. Vincent took him by the arm and led him inside the restaurant. Scott looked around at their surroundings. It was really fancy, each of the patrons sat in their own little red-velvet booths. The walls were polished oak and the floors were virtually mirrored. The lights were low-hung and emitted a soft candle-light glow.

"Good evening," The person serving them was only young, maybe 18 or so. She had blonde hair in a bob around her shoulders and was very small for her age, "B-Booking for two?"

"Yes. Under the name Vincent," Vincent said.

Scott looked around himself, suddenly feeling self-conscious again. This was his first time really out somewhere like this, and anybody watching would easily be able to tell that the two men were dating. How would everyone react to that? Scott let go of Vincent's hand.

"R-Right this way," the girl said, walking towards a secluded booth.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" Vincent asked, "You look familiar..."

"U-Um..." the girl turned around to face Vincent, giving them both a sheepish smile, "Y-You may have s-seen my friends around Fazbear's...?"

Recognition clicked into place, "You're the girl I gave my phone number to!"

"Ava," the girl said quietly, "But I'm s-sorry for all that. I d-didn't mean for my friends to start... you know... stalking y-you two..."

"It's okay," Scott said, being a forgiving person, "You know, you remind me of another one of our guards. Do you remember Jeremy?"

At the mention of Jeremy's name, the girl's face lit up bright red. Blinking her green eyes, she mumbled, "U-Uh yeah, I know him..."

There was a shout from across the room, and the girl jumped.

"O-Oops. I b-better go. I gave you two the most p-private booth in the restaurant. I-I'll be back out in a second with menus..." Ava turned on her heel and ran away quickly.

Vincent chuckled, "Somebody's got a crush on our Jare-Bear~"

Scott rolled his eyes, sliding into the booth, "Jare-Bear? That kid has every nickname under the sun."

"Perhaps, but hey, they can call him whatever they want. I'm only here for one person~" Vincent grinned, then licked his teeth, "I'm tempted to skip the date entirely and just take you back to my place~"

Scott laughed nervously, twirling the fork on the table, "Uh... yeah..." This was something else he was worried about. For Vincent, this was all a natural part of dating, but for Scott... he was seriously worried about it.  If Vincent ever did invite him back for the night, the chances are he'd make excuses, or just be a tease, and he was certain that Vincent wouldn't want to date him if that happened.

"Hey," Vincent said, rattling Scott out of his thoughts, "I was just teasing. I know your limits, Scott, and I'm not about to push them."

Scott smiled, relieved, "Thank you."

"No problem, Scotty-boy," Vincent looked over as Ava began wobbling her way towards them, hardly visible behind a tray of cups, water and menus, "Well," he said, flashing a grin at Scott, "Let the date begin!"