The Beginning Of The End

((The lengths I go to-- I actually googled the date to make sure it was the right day of the week. Also if you're confused why it's 1980s and they're texting, it's kind of my style to write in the past but with several things as if they were the present. THE CHAPTER IS EXACTLY NINETEEN EIGHTY-SEVEN WORDS THIS IS AMAZING))

Vincent: <3 <3 <3 <3 how's my wonderful boyfriend this morning?

Scott: you don't have to ask every morning, you know. But I'm fine, thank you <3 <3

Vincent: just checking, dear~

Scott smiled down at his phone, his heart doing happy little flips in his chest. It was now almost a week since they'd made it official. New Years had been a few days ago, it was now the 2nd of January, 1997. This afternoon after work, he was going to lunch with his Dad, who had insisted on catching up with him to talk about things. He was a little nervous, but hey! What could possibly go wrong?

He slung his phone back into his pocket and continued towards work. He had a purple hoodie over his work clothes - a new addition to his wardrobe. His lock screen had also changed to the selfie of him with Vincent's snowman. Yep, Vincent had brought a lot of changes to Scott's life. He almost felt like he was getting to know himself over again.

His phone beeped again and he pulled it out.

Vincent: you free tonight?

Scott blinked, thinking. He had to drive all the way over to his parents and back, but...

Scott: I could arrange it... why?

Vincent: I was thinking you and me should hit the club tonight. It's Friday night, I wanna take you out!

Scott frowned slightly at his phone. Did he really want to go out tonight? No. Did he want to have a great time with his boyfriend? Hell yeah.

Scott: Alright, why not?! I'd love that.

Vincent: Awesome! See you at work <3

Scott laughed out loud. That was right. Why the heck was Vincent texting him when they were only a few streets away and both heading to the same place? He closed Vincent's chat, and something else caught his eye. Oliver's chat. You know, he hadn't even talked to Ollie since the shopping centre - not even to apologise for Vincent's behaviour.

Scott: Hola, amigo! How are you??

While he waited for Oliver's reply, he put his phone back in his pocket and started towards work again.

Work had become... interesting, to say the least. It turns out Linda had taken photos of Vincent and Scott sharing their ice-cream, and a photo of both of them in their matching shirts, (Scott's said 'I'm the Uke', and Vincent's said, 'I'm the Seme' - even though Scott wasn't too sure about that arrangement; he didn't really agree with seme and uke labels) and somehow, those photos had 'leaked' onto Facebook, and it had taken all of seven and a half seconds to get into the hands of the first fangirl.

Linda had sent him screenshots of the comments on the picture, things like:

'Aw, but I was sure Scott would be dominant!'

'I'll have to re-write my fanfic now.'

'Look at them, so cute~~ Guess we know who's who now ;)'

'You owe me $5, +SammyShipsSlash'

Linda had been immensely entertained, and forced Scott to tell her all he could about the little fanclub he'd gathered at work.

Of course, the reactions of the girls at work had been insane. Vincent and Scott had hardly walked into the door when they'd ambushed them, bombarding them with question after question -- most of them extremely personal. Vincent had lapped up the attention like a cat with warm milk, instantly throwing out a long spiel of theatrics; "Scott is the only thing keeping me going. I'd let him put me on leash and chain any day. No matter how intimidating I may seem, my legs turn to jelly as soon as I look at him. I want to fall to my knees and pledge myself to him. I-"