An Unpleasant Surprise.

((I lied I can always make time for writing, I just have to cram study faster. But from now on I'm fully devoted to studying for the rest of the week.))

Scott jumped slightly when the doorbell rang. He looked up at the wall clock. 8:15pm. He grinned to himself. Fashionably late. Somehow, that suited Oliver's personality all too well.

He hopped off of the couch and made his way to his front door, opening it. Oliver was leaning in the doorway, wearing jeans that hung dangerously low on his hips, part of his toned stomach showing beneath a long-sleeved t-shirt the same shade of green as his eyes. Despite his very not-single status, Scott found his eyes drawn to the sight of him.

"You gonna invite me in, querido? Or are we just gonna stand out in the cold all night?" Oliver had a playful smile on his lips - he'd noticed Scott staring.

"Oh, right. Yeah, come on in," Scott stepped back from the door to allow room for Oliver, who sauntered inside, his hands in his pockets.

"You gotta nice place here, muchacho," Oliver slowly turned around, taking it in. "Is it yours or rented?"

"Rented," Scott said, looking around at his house as well. It was really not all that great. It was clean and tidy, sure. but the walls were in desperate need of re-painting, not to mention the hole in the wall from when Scott punched it that night Vincent tried to apologise to him.

"Hm. Tell me, how did Vincent react when he heard I'd be crashing the party? I'm sure he was absolutely enthralled," Oliver grinned deviously. "Bet he can't wait."

Scott completely froze, his eyes widening as he realised what he had - or more, hadn't - done. Oh sh...

He felt Oliver behind him, "Uh oh. You haven't told him yet, have you?"

Scott shrugged sheepishly, "No? But he'll understand! You've had a harsh time of it, Ollie. You deserve a break. Plus, it'll be kind of fun, don't you think? My two best friends hanging out..."

"We're more than best friends, carino," Oliver said. "We're at least best friends with benefits. Eh, it's a shame. Maybe I'll just go my own way. I don't want to get on the wrong side of that gilipollas. He seems insistent on protecting you."

"Uh-uh, I'm not having any of that," Scott said. "Vincent's just going to have to deal with it. I'm taking you out, and that's final."

"Taking me out, huh?" Oliver smiled at him, leaning against the kitchen bench, "Sounds an awful lot like a date."

"Ha. 'Fraid not. It's Vincent and my date, actually," Scott explained.

"So? You can just make it a double-date," Oliver shrugged as if it was obvious, "Speaking of the cabron, when does he arrive?"

Scott looked up at the clock, "Not until nine. Another 40 minutes."

Oliver's eyebrows hiked, "You invited me over an entire hour before your date arrives?" He straightened up, walking over to Scott, "Was there something you wanted to get off your chest before he comes? Some... tension you wanted to relieve?" He began to walk forward, pushing Scott gently back onto the couch as he did so, sliding onto his lap.

Scott blushed up at him for a moment, then a huge grin burst out over his face and he began laughing.

Oliver paused, then reluctantly grinned back at him; Scott's laughter was contagious, "What? What's so funny? I'm being serious, here."

"No, it's just- You're so similar to Vincent. It's hilarious!" Scott controlled his giggles, "I'm sorry. Your offer is very tempting, believe me, but I am in a relationship."