Not Exactly The Sleepover He Was Expecting.

((Long Chapter Warning! This is to make up for the wait. :P))

*Earlier That Morning*

Mike paused, with his hand hovering over the doorknob to Vincent's room. There had been bangs and crashes coming from there for hours, and Mike was pretty sure there was a full-scale demon running loose. 

He grabbed the doorknob and twisted- but the door was locked. Damnit.

At that exact moment, though, there was a click and the door swung open, "Mike."

Mike blinked. Sprung. "Vincent... Hey. That's um, a..." He leaned to the side to try and see into Vincent's room, but Vincent moved to block his view, "...co-incidence. What do you need me for?"

"I'll pay you twenty bucks not to come home tonight," Vincent said.

"What? Twenty bucks? What for?" Mike asked, frowning slightly.

"I'm going to invite Scott back here for our second date..." Vincent walked out of the room and closed it shut behind him, "And I don't want you at home."

Just before the door closed, though, Mike caught a glimpse of purple walls. Ha! You do have a purple room! I knew it!

"Mike, are you listening?" Vincent asked, folding his arms across his chest.

"Huh? Oh, right, um, sure," Mike shrugged, "I can get lost for twenty bucks. What are you planning on doing to him that you need me gone, though?" He narrowed his eyes, "OooOoh, somebody's gonna try to get to home baaase~"

"Well, that depends on how well the night goes," Vincent mumbled, "Anyway, it's not important." He pushed past Mike and started down the narrow hallway to the spiral stairs. Jumping down them three at a time, he called out, "Aren't you supposed to be at work?"

Mike snapped to attention, "Oh, frick." Rushing to his room, he threw on his work clothes and ran down to the kitchen while still tucking his shirt in.

Vincent was playing with the air-conditioner remote, mumbling something about bad batteries.

"What are you doing?" Mike asked, pouring himself some cereal, "It's the middle of Winter! What the heck do you need the air-con on for?!"

Vincent finally got it to turn on and put the remote down, "Because when Scott and I get here, the room will be cold, and I'll  be the only source of warmth~"

Mike raised an eyebrow, impressed, "You're more of a player than I am, Vincent."

Vincent shrugged, "Hey, you mind if I go to work with you?"

"Why? Your shift isn't for ages," Mike said.

Vincent grinned, "I know. I want to give Scott a little early surprise."

***

Vincent unlocked his front door, swinging it open for Scott, "Welcome to my abode..."

Scott stepped inside, "Woah. Your house is huge!"

"I guess? It's no mansion," Vincent walked in behind him, closing the door, "So, what would you like to do?"

"Um..." Scott shivered slightly, "It's, uh really cold in here, isn't it? D-Do you have the air-con on, or something?"

"Oh!" Vincent facepalmed, "Oh, no! I totally left the air con on all day!" He walked over to the  kitchen bench, picking up the remote and turning off the machine, "Great. Sorry, Scott. I don't have a jumper or anything..."

"It's okay," Scott said, sighing, "Well, I guess... I could really use a cup of tea? If you don't mind."

"Oh, of course," Vincent walked over to the kettle, filling it up and flicking it on. He turned back to Scott and smiled, "So, what would you like to do? Watch a movie? Play a game? Talk?"